Penny and the Walk Outside!
54 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was time to contribute to my local community! Grandma told me that a true hero does more than just beating up bad guys and lazing around the house like a lazy sack of potatoes. I should use my powers to make my local area a better place to look at, to live in, and to enjoy! If I was being honest though, I just think she wanted me out of the house. Maybe asking her to make a restaurant with her cooking skill throughout the week actually made her decide to start thinking about it! And with me there, she wouldn’t be able to concentrate on getting the restaurant started up! That makes sense! 

Along the sidewalk, there was only the sights of cars driving down the street, grass softly blowing in the wind, houses, and people walking about. Hmm... This view could use a few more pretty flowers! Don’t I have a rose growing skill or something? 

[Flower Creation (Roses) (Rank F)] 

Yep! That’s the one! I used the energy in my body and started to grow rose seeds in my hand. The seeds slowly popped out from my hand and as I walked along the sidewalk, I threw the seeds on the grass. Pretty sky-blue roses rose from beneath the grass and showed off their cuteness and beauty. I even hummed a little song like those princesses from the movies. It was too bad there were no birds or wild animals around to listen to my demands and follow under me! I still don’t understand how singing could make forest animals nice, kind, and want to listen to you. 

While I was walking, I saw Mister Jekins trying to bring in a package to his house. He looked like he was having trouble picking up that big box, I should help him out! What hero would stand by and watch as an innocent elderly citizen needs help?! 

“Hey Mister Jekins! Can I help you with that?!” I waved from the sidewalk. 

Mister Jekins always keeps his lawn nice and cut. I wonder if he has a grandchild that does it for him because I don’t think he has a lawn mower. 

“Is that you Penny?! If you don’t mind dear, I could use some help over here. My body ain’t how it used to be anymore...” He stopped trying to lift the package and smiled at me. 

“No problamo, Mister Jekins! I’m going around the community to try and make it better for everyone!” I walked up his driveway to his porch instead of walking on his lawn. 

Grandma told me that I shouldn’t walk on people’s lawns if they are cut nicely. It’s rude and they put a lot of work making their lawns look pretty and neat. If they don’t care enough to cut their lawns it was fine to walk on it though. I don’t think my grandma likes lazy people. Maybe that’s why she told me to get out the house today... I was just rolling in my room listening to videos. 

“Aren’t you sweet Penny? I wish more people were kind like you, lass. It seems like the world is becoming worse and worse as I get older. Every time I put on the news something bad is always happening.” He sighed. 

I picked up the package without any problems. 

“Don’t worry Mister Jekins! I’ll make sure that the world will be better than ever! I’m a superhero now.” He told me to place it on his couch. 

Bending over was a challenge for people as old as him he said. Putting it on the couch where he can open it while standing was good enough. I put it on the couch and even cut it open for him with my Razor Blades power. I made sure not to look in the package though. Grandma told me to make sure to mind my own business and not look through other people’s stuff. 

“Thanks for opening that for me Penny. Now I don’t have to go in the kitchen for a knife.”  

“You’re welcome Mister Jekins! See you around!” I waved goodbye and started walking out of his house. “And if you need any more help just ask!” 

“Will do Lass. Have a good day.” He waved goodbye and closed his door. 

After helping Mister Jekins, one of the things he said made me think about a certain place. One of the parks in the city used to be the hangout place for all the kids in the community but once a gang started hanging out there and scaring people away, it's been a hangout for gangsters and the big kids. I wanted to go over there and teach them a lesson but it wasn’t like they were really causing any trouble for anyone or doing crimes.  

If I grew flowers all around the park, I'm sure they wouldn’t want to hang out there anymore and the kids can come back and play on all the playground stuff! Everyone knows that flowers are for girls and bad guys hate pretty things. With a new goal in mind, I set my way towards the playground park! Along the way, I was still growing roses anywhere I saw green. To make it a bit more fun, I made myself a jester ball and started balancing myself on it and walking down the sidewalk on it. Doing this helped me get experience for 2 skills at once! Flower creation and my balancing skill! 

I was thinking about planting spiky vines around too but realized that they might hurt people if I planted too many. They also didn’t look as pretty as the roses. Maybe I could plant them if I wanted to keep someone out of somewhere or defend against bad guys like a spiky vine fence! Like a tower defense game or something but I could only make vines to keep the bad guys out! 

I rolled up to the playground and saw plenty of older people dressed in black or wearing hoodies and smoking in the park. They were split up in a bunch of little groups either talking together or looking at me. The grass in the park wasn’t taken care of and was tall enough to reach my knees if I was on the ground right now. Most of the fun stuff looked worn down, dirty, or broken. The ground was littered with all sorts of trash. Cigarettes, empty bags of chips, empty cans and bottles, and even more stuff. 

The first thing I'll do is get rid of all this trash! It looked like a public dump and smelled terrible too. All I could smell was nasty cigarette smoke and dog poop! I hope I won't roll into any dog poop while I’m working on this stuff. I'd actually scream. 

“Time to get to work!”  

I wanted to cut the tall grass so that I could see all the trash around the park but there were too many people around to cut how I wanted. If they weren’t around, I would just send my razor blades flying out of my body and control them to cut all the grass. But since there were people around, I couldn’t do that but I didn’t have enough control with that skill to make sure I didn’t accidentally hurt someone. 

So, I got off my ball and started getting rid of the trash. I used my black hole power to get rid of any trash I picked up. With this power, I didn’t need to carry around a bag or put it in a dumpster! It was totally good for the environment! It felt good to clean up this park. I thought it would be boring because of how lame cleaning my room is but with my powers cleaning is totally fun! Oh, is that a crushed beer can? Get black holed! Oh my, is that a plastic bag from the gas station? Kaboom! Get blown up with my bomb generation power! 

I couldn’t keep myself from smiling as I got rid of the trash around the playground. Up ahead was a group of high schoolers, I didn’t speak to them and just kept cleaning whatever trash I could find. I was also spreading rose seeds all over the park too. 

“Are you glaring at us? Fix your eyes before I make you kid.” A punk looking girl told me. 

I turned around and got rid of another candy wrapper before saying, “Losers.” 

“What did you just say kid!? Say that again. I dare you!” A blonde-haired kid yelled at me. 

I turned around and faced them. 

“LOSERS!” I pulled my eyelid down and stuck out my tongue. 

They didn’t like me calling them losers. One of the boys actually got up and stormed over to me. I wasn’t scared though. I’m a superhero. What could a bully do to me now? He tried to grab me by my collar. I didn’t want to be picked up like that so I slapped his hand. 

“What? Are you gonna bully a little girl?” 

He pushed me on the ground and now it was fair game to show him a lesson about bullying people. Before he could walk back to his friends, I tripped him with my foot and laughed at him. When he got up with dirt and grass on his face and hair, he was really angry. I wasn’t scared of him though. He can become as red as he wants too. 

Gonna hit me Tomato Face? Huh are you angry you got tripped by a girl?” 

“Come on Patrick, she’s just some stupid fucking kid. This ain’t worth getting so worked up over.” One of his friends said. 

“I’ll teach this stupid fucking kid to mess with her elders. Next time she’ll show the proper respect she needs to give.” He walked towards me with his fists balled up. 

None of his friends tried to stop him and I guess I couldn’t be blamed for what happens next either. He tried to punch me in my head but I soccer kicked him right in his leg before he could hit me. He screamed like a little girl and fell back on the ground. 

“Pfft! Maybe next time you should try to be nicer to people loser!” I laughed. 

He stayed on the grounding sucking in his teeth and holding his leg. I walked past him and continued my duty as a hero and citizen. Getting rid of the trash around the park. None of his friends caused any trouble with me and I was free to clean up till the sun was about to go down. I had to start heading back home now and would have to finish cleaning up the playground over the next few days.  

The street lamps were turning on around this time as I headed back home. There wasn’t anyone but me on the sidewalk from what I could see. Oh yeah, I was back on my jester ball riding down the sidewalk. Gotta use every chance I can to rank up my powers. If I could level up too it would be totally awesome! I wonder what level I would be right now if I could level up with my system? 

Probably like level 999 or something cool like that. Olivia would be level 1 because she leaves everything to her helpers to do and Tiffany would be level 10 because she got some exp from my wins. Olivia didn’t get any exp because her summons get them instead. They do work hard and look pretty cute. They deserve it. 

On my way back home, I noticed a black car slowly driving down the road. It looked like one of those cars that government people would ride in cartoons. They don’t really drive cars like that do they? I wonder if Olivia would know... Although she’s pretty obnoxious, she’s also the smartest girl in our class. She gets nothing but straight A’s all the time! I used to think that she cheated when we were younger but as I got older, I saw how much she studied like a nerd at home. 

I pulled out my phone and started texting her if government agents really do ride in black cars like in the cartoons in our group chat. She was online so, it shouldn’t take too long for her to get my message. In only a few seconds, the app told me she was texting a message right now. She typed a simple no and then called me an idiot.  

I’m not an idiot! It was an honest question! How could I know if they did or didn’t!? This black car behind me is pretty freaking suspicious! Why is it driving so slow on the road at night time? Anyone could be confused by it! It even had tinted windows so I couldn’t see who was inside! I started typing a message back about how I'm not an idiot and if they didn’t all drive-in black cars why would tv shows, movies, and cartoons show that they do? 

We then got into another argument in our group chat. I was almost on my way back home and could recognize where I was going without even raising my head. Most of my attention was focused on my phone and trying to prove how I wasn’t an idiot and Olivia was the idiot instead for thinking that they couldn’t sometime drive black cars. She thinks that because everyone expects them to ride in black SUVs that they definitely wouldn’t drive in anything close to that stereotype. What kind of sense does that make?! 

Like if a FBI agent drove in a red, white, or silver car people would just be confused. Like are they working right now or off work? Plus, wouldn’t it look silly if a bunch of scary FBI agents dressed in black suits and stuff came out of some colorful car? Government agents are supposed to be intimidating and scary! Olivia is just being stubborn and doesn’t want to admit that she’s the idiot and I'm right. 

I suddenly felt a strong pull around my waist, I was dragged from my jester ball and a cloth with a funny smell on it was placed over my mouth and nose. I tried to scream and break free from the strong hands grabbing me but everything was getting blurry. I used my needle power and grew needles all over my body to free myself. I heard deep manly voices cursing and I looked around only to hear a soft pew sound. 

“That should keep her sedated until we get her back to the base.”  

A tranquilizer dart was sticking out of my chest. Did those guys in black suits just shoot me...? Why couldn’t I use my powers how I wanted? Why did they shoot me with that...? 

 I felt very tired and sleepy. My needles went back inside me and all my energy was gone. I just wanted to lay down and take a nap. I could barely make out any of the government guys in front of me.  I hope Grandma doesn’t get angry that I will get back home pretty late today... 

“Target neutralized. We’re bringing her in, over.” 


BOOYAH BABY! Hell yea we got some crap going down for a few chapters!

It looks like Earth's government wasn't a bunch of blind idiots that didn't take notice of a super powered young girl and possibly her friends!

I wonder what do they have planned for her?

How will Penny manage to get out of this?!

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

 
2