Penny and the Kidnapping!
73 10 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  The first thing I heard while I was waking up was the voices of a bunch of people around me. I tried to open my eyes but everything was so blurry for some reason. I’m still really tired... What even happened to me? Why can’t I move my arms? Why is my body so cold? What am I even laying on right now? It feels like I'm lying on the bathroom tiles at home because of how cold it is. Maybe I just got really sleepy after a bath and fell asleep right on the floor. Grandma probably invited some people over to try and help build her restaurant. That’s what those voices were, probably... I hope I closed the door at least before falling asleep. If someone saw me butt naked sleeping on the floor, I'd actually die. 

“The subject is awakening. Everyone head out of the room. She might use her abilities to try and escape. Call in the soldiers on standby.” 

  Soldiers? Subject? What is he talking about? I blinked my eyes quickly to get the eye crust out of them and finally could see something. I was in some sort of all white room with a bright light above me, it was hurting my eyes and I tried to put my hand in front of my face but I forgot. I couldn’t move any part of my body except my head. It was like my whole body was strapped to something! I looked down at my body and saw that I actually was trapped to some sort of metal bed and I was actually freaking naked! 

“What the heck is going on here!? Where am I?!” I started trying to free myself from the metal cuffs. 

[Sudden Quest Added!] 

[You have been kidnapped by a mysterious group of people that don’t care about what you have done or who you are! Break free from your restraints and escape from your capturers.] 

[Rewards: 5 Maxim Tomatoes, Sleep (Power), Escapist (Perk), 25 Tickets] 

[Bonus Objective Added!] 

[Punish the evil doers for drugging and kidnapping you! Make 0/100 enemies pay for their vile actions as a righteous young hero of justice!] 

[Rewards: Attack Potion, Dash Shoes, Mini Security Laser (Weapon)] 

“Penny Bloom, I’d suggest against trying to break free from those cuffs. Those cuffs are made out of the strongest metal on Earth.” An intercom was placed in the corner of the room. The voice came from out of it. 

“Shut up! Why did you kidnap me?! Why did you weirdoes take my clothes off!? Who are you working for?!” I still struggled to free myself with just my body’s strength. 

“We have decided that your powers are far too dangerous to leave in the hands of a simple child. That power should be used by the CIA for the betterment of Earth.” 

“CIA?! There’s no way that some bad guys like you are part of the government! The CIA I know wouldn’t kidnap an innocent girl!” I lied. I honestly didn’t know if the CIA would do something like this because all the movies, tv shows, and cartoons show them as bad guys or just not on the same side as the good guys.  

  All they care about is themselves and making the government stronger by doing bad things to people that don’t deserve it. Kind of like what is happening right now! Is it true though? Are they really part of the government? I’ll just have to find out for myself once I get out of this place. I shot out curved razor blades from my body and cut through the metal cuffs holding me to the table. 

“The subject is trying to escape. Send in the soldiers to sedate her so that we can get back to testing and retrieving more samples.” 

  I freed myself from the bed and heard plenty of men coming. I only knew because of the sound of their stomping boots. I didn’t have enough time to try and figure a way out, I didn’t even know where I was! But I could take care of one issue bothering me. I used the energy in my body to create a vine seed in my hand. It slowly grew out of my palm and wrapped around my lady parts so that I wasn’t completely naked anymore and by the time it was finished wrapping the important parts, the soldiers came in. 

  They all looked part of the military and had scary guns pointed straight at me! I balled my fists and glared at them while getting ready to fight back and protect myself. We stood straight across from each other. Grown men with guns pointed at me and me with energy arrows being infused with lightning circling around my body. Guns in the wrong hands only hurt people, and these guys are exactly the wrong people to have them if their pointing them at me. 

“SEDATE HER ALREADY! DID WE HIRE YOU FOR NOTHING!?” The scientist voice screamed from the intercom. 

  Instead of letting them take the first move, I did it instead. Bullets move really fast and I don’t think I could react to a bullet just yet. I teleported in the middle of them and shot out my lightning arrows outward, making sure to hit every soldier inside. 

“SHE CAN TELEPORT! FIRE FIRE FIRE!” One of the soldier’s shouted. 

  His command came too late though. Every single one of the soldiers were shocked and paralyzed from my lightning arrows. They could only twitch and groan on the floor now. I left them on the ground and headed towards where they came from. The room was completely abandoned and from inside it I could see the room I was just in from the other side! When I was inside, I could only see the white walls. 

  The door where the scientist voice escaped from was still open. He must have ran after seeing me deal with those guys. Ah! There’s my stuff! Well some of it anyway... None of my clothes were in this locker but my Jumbo candy and stamina potion was! I grabbed them both and ran out of the weird watching room to find myself running down a long corridor. It looked like I was in some underground base ran by the CIA or military. As I was running around the long hallways, the sound of an alarm suddenly blasted in my ears. 

“CODE RED! I REPEAT, A CODE RED INCIDENT HAS OCCURRED! THE SUBJECT HAS ESCAPED CONFINEMENT AND TRYING TO ESCAPE! ALL HANDS-ON DECK PREPARE FOR LOCK DOWN AND PREPARE TO NEUTRALIZE THE SUBJECT FOR SAFETY!” The scientist voice from earlier screamed. 

  I tried thinking of my house and teleporting there but I didn’t have nearly enough energy to pull off something like that. I couldn’t even teleport back to the surface because I didn’t know where in the heck I was or where the surface was! It looks like I have to find my own way out on my own. Hopefully there’s an elevator or something around here to take me up. 

  This place was built like a freaking maze! It’s been like 5 minutes since I've been running around and I still can’t find an elevator or steps leading up. I’ll have to figure something else out rather than just running around blindly. 

“Why couldn’t there be one of those ‘you are here’ maps in this place? Adventure Land has them to help people from getting lost. There’s no way these bad guys could remember this whole place without constantly getting lost.”  

  The sound of someone yelling brought me out of my thoughts. Maybe whoever is yelling can tell me the way out of here after a nice beating. Any group evil enough to kidnap a hero deserves to have their henchmen punched at least once. I followed the sound of the yelling and when I arrived it was filled with bad guys. Behind them, I saw the elevator leading somewhere up. If it was just the elevator, I'd be so glad but standing between me and the elevator was dozens of military guys aiming guns at me from down the hall hiding behind cover on both the left and right side. 

“GIVE UP PENNY BLOOM! YOUR LITTLE ESCAPE ATTEMPT HAS FAILED! LET US RESEARCH THE MYSTERIOUS ENERGY IN YOUR BODY AND USE IT TO STRENGTHEN OUR MILITARY FORCES! IT IS FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF HUMANITY!” 

“I’ll never let my power fall into hands of villains like you!” I channeled most of my energy to the back of my throat as the guns fired at me. 

“HAAAA!!!!” I used my mouth laser skill. 

  My laser vaporized the bullets and tunneled down the hallway in a sky-blue colored beam. The army men were knocked into the walls from the power coming off my beam and I used this chance to escape into the elevator. I ran down the hallway as fast as I could while the soldiers were still stunned from my laser attack. The scientist who threatened me tried to stand in my way by pointing a gun at me. I created a jester ball and infused it with lightning before kicking it towards his gun. 

  The ball was too fast for him to react and it shocked him like crazy. I managed to get inside the elevator doors and I closed it behind me by pressing the 1st floor button. Whatever strange hideout I was in, it wasn’t made by any normal bad guy group. It went down at least 200 floors! They had me trapped on the freaking 200th floor like I was some sort of ancient creature that needed to be sealed for its terrible power of evil! 

  I used the chance while I had it to try and recover my stamina and energy back. I still couldn’t believe that the CIA kidnapped me instead of some secret villain group. A villain group couldn’t hire so many military guys, could they? Why would the CIA even try to take my power away from me? Could they even take my power away from me? I’m a superhero though... Why would they try and stop me from helping people? 

  Have I broken some law or did something bad? I only wanted to use my powers for good and help protect people from bad guys. There can’t be something about that that would make the CIA want to kidnap me, right? Ugh! This is just all so confusing! Dealing with all of this on my own is so stressful!  

  I hope Olivia and Tiffany are okay. Knowing Olivia, she probably would’ve already made a plan for something crazy like this to happen or something. And even if she did get taken like I did, there’s no way she wouldn’t be able to get out with her summons. Tiffany couldn’t be trapped in a place like this even if they cuffed her down like they did me. She could travel between her mirrors and would probably just teleport back to the surface. 

  I wish my teleport was that strong but I guess I'll have to do some more training with my powers. This won’t be the only time someone comes after me for my powers. Superheroes are always facing troubles because of their powers! This is just something I'll have to prepare for and get used to as on my journey to become the Hero of the Universe. 

  The elevator was finally reaching the 1st floor. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to somehow find my way back home. My phone was still somewhere down there but I could always get a new one. It wasn’t worth the danger of going back down there just for my phone. My wings came out of my back as the door opened and my jaw nearly dropped from what I saw waiting for me. 

“Thought you were going somewhere little girl?” The scientist guy from earlier somehow made it to the surface before me! 

  And that wasn’t all! There were like hundreds of military guys aiming at me with their weapons along with tanks, helicopters, and even snipers! My fear of dying and guns drove me into eating my Jumbo candy. I crunched it with my teeth in seconds and ate it whole, then soon after felt my body changing... I stepped out of the elevator and everything started getting smaller. No wait... I was getting bigger! The jumbo candy made me into a giant and totally invincible! 

  I could even reach out with my hands and grab the military helicopters shooting me with bullets. Going on a Godzilla-like rampage would be easy but if I wasn’t careful, I could possibly kill someone. These guys may be villains but that didn’t mean I wanted to kill them. Could the police even arrest the military and CIA? Who could punish these guys for their wicked ways? 

  Now wasn’t the time to worry about something like that... The tanks and guys on the ground were now trying to shoot my eye out with tank shells and bullets. I spat out an ice bomb that slowly grew giant just like me with my power. I couldn’t even hear the guys on the ground because I was so high up from the ground. I ignited my ice bomb and with a gigantic boom! Everything was frozen around me. I made sure to catch the frozen helicopters before they could fall and crash to the ground and placed them gently on the ground. The desert from before now looked like something from Antarctica with all the ice and snow around. 

  The ice bomb didn’t affect me because Jumbo Candy made me both big and invincible for a short time. Its effects were fading away now because I was shrinking back to my normal size. I looked around at all the frozen statues and made sure to check if they were still alive with my telekinesis. My telekinesis could go through the ice and after that I could sense if their hearts were beating or not. I was relieved to find out they were all still breathing just fine. 

[Sudden Quest Completed!] 

[You have managed to break free from the secret military hideout and escape without a single bruise! Good going junior hero!] 

[Rewards: 5 Maxim Tomatoes, Sleep (Power), Escapist (Perk), 25 Tickets] 

[Bonus Objective Completed!] 

[You have punished 300/100 enemies for trying to bring harm to a young defender of justice! The might of those who follow the righteous way of a hero can never go easy on evil!] 

[Rewards: Attack Potion, Dash Shoes, Mini Security Laser (Weapon)] 

[Mouth Laser has reached Rank E!] 

[Energy consumption has lessened] 

[Bomb Generation has reached Rank E!] 

[Can now generate time bombs!] 

[Vine Generation has reached Rank E!] 

[Can now generate poison through vines and spikes!] 

  Holy fricking crap that was a lot of rewards! I had to carry it all with my telekinesis skill or they would’ve dropped onto the ice below. To make it easier on myself, I created two jester balls with the rewards all clumped up and had them placed inside the jester balls! Now I just had to carry the two jester balls with my telekinesis instead of a bunch of little stuff with it. The Jumbo Candy was the best candy I've ever ate and that wasn’t because it made it huge and invincible. It tasted soooo good too! 

  What my sleep power could do was instantly put in my head. It let me fully control when I wanted to sleep, how long I wanted to sleep, and even let me heal while sleeping! I could even generate a green nap cap that could cause other people to fall asleep if I could put it around their head! I could also make snot bubbles that could hurt people if it gets large enough! Totally awesome Kirby power up! 

  The escapist perk said that whenever a need to escape arises for me, I would have my agility slightly increased. So that was nice to have. Hopefully I won’t get into situations like that often though. A hero doesn’t run away! A hero faces all challenges head on! But that was enough about my rewards and skills. It was very cold in the desert at night. 

  I brought my wings out and started flying in the air, I had no idea what I should do with all these frozen army guys. Maybe I should leave them frozen for a few years since I'm not sure that they will get in trouble for this at all. Hmm. Maybe I’ll come back later to free them after I think on it some more. I should ask Luudle how long should someone go away for trying to kill a young girl, kidnapping a young girl, and stripping her naked. 

  I flew away and tried to find out just where in the heck I was taken. There was nothing but desert for miles out here. I wish I had my phone so that I could use the GPS and find out where I was but I had nothing but the vines covering my body and my two jester balls. The vines actually felt pretty nice on my skin and actually warmed me up from the cold desert temperature. 

  I still couldn’t find any signs of people or of a town or city nearby. I guess I could train my skills to pass the time. It isn’t like there is anything else for me to do. As I was flying, I started using many of my skills along the way. I dropped rose seeds from my toes that dropped into the sand below, I created arrows made of my energy to rotate around me with some of them being infused with my ice infusion skill and the other being infused with my lightning infusion skill, and I generated jester balls to fall from my stomach along with dud black bombs. 


Alright! Quite an exciting chapter for me to write, i hope it was exciting for you all to read too! With action-packed dramatic chapters like these i wish i knew of a way to somehow lengthen them longer than a single chapter to like over 3 or 5 chapters. It seems so idk disappointing or lacking to have all this excitement last for only one chapter.

If you have any ideas please share them with me in the comments! I'd like to get better at writing mini-arcs or arcs in general. Still basically a giant fucking noob at this writing thing so bear with me everyone.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

2