Olivia and the Job Offer!
66 8 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wow honey, you managed to hit the center of the tree in only a few tries!” My dad clapped. 

“It’s thanks to one of my knights for teaching me so well.” I patted the head of the Bow Dee nodding his head at me. 

  I was in my backyard with my father and two of my helpers. Bowby and Bow Dee. Bowby is a servant in the form of a bow. Bow Dee is a waddle dee that is skilled in using the bow. I’ve decided to teach myself better ways of protecting myself and those around me. A princess that only relies on people around her is a terrible princess. A true princess is one that can take care of herself and all of her people. My goal is to become that ideal princess and rule over the Universe with peace and harmony. 

  I continued to practice with Bow Dee and Bowby while my father watched over me. It would be dangerous to let a girl my age practice with weapons without any adult supervision. Mother put Father in charge of making sure I didn’t get hurt since she was sleeping in today. She works the night shift at the hospital so she’s always tired in the morning. It won’t be till the evening till she’s ready to be awake. My father works at home as an animator online like cartoons on tv. 

  He said I wasn’t allowed to see his cartoons and I had to wait till I was 18. I didn’t know why I had to wait till I was 18 to see some cartoons and my father refused to answer me and just kept saying that it wasn’t something for little girls to see. I had a suspicious feeling that my father was drawing something gross, but I have no idea what. Maybe it’s like one of those stupid boy shows that Penny likes to watch. The shows where its filled with a bunch of boys doing stupid gross stuff for the entire episode. Farting, burping, peeing, playing in mud, making trouble, saying dirty jokes, and that type of stuff. 

  Ah, my aim is getting better. I haven’t been missing the tree anymore and can now at least always hit the edge of the bark. I would like to continue practicing my archery but Bowby was looking exhausted.  

“Thank you for your hard work Bowby.” I let go of him and he started floating in the air while smiling at me. Bow Dee nodded at him with a serious expression and I soon de-summoned him and summoned Parasol Dee. 

  Parasol Dee was the first girl helper I’ve summoned. I could tell she was a girl because she had a pink bow on top of her head and long eyelashes. Her personality was completely different from her appearance though. She was a serious and strict helper. She was also another one of my teachers in helping me become a better princess. 

  Parasol Dee and Bow Dee nodded at each other once she got summoned and Bow Dee went over to sit by my dad who was on his laptop. Parasol Dee handed me her umbrella and then somehow magically made herself another one. The umbrella was a white and red stripped star tipped parasol. I planned to carry this around and use it to defend myself like a knight would always carry around a sword. 

  The reason why I chose to train with the umbrella over a sword is because I don’t believe a princess should hold something as boyish and rough as a sword. That also goes for axes, spears, and using my fists. An umbrella is regal, elegant, and dignified. It can be carried around and no attention could be brought to it. A bow also shares some royal and girly traits that I believe would be acceptable for a princess to use. 

  Parasol Dee tapped the ground with the tip of her umbrella. That was the signal for me to begin our sparring. I ran towards her and thrusted my parasol towards her small body. She smacked my weapon into the air with a single hit and motioned for me to pick it up. I did as she said, and she motioned with her hands telling me to make sure to have a tight grip on my weapon. I nodded and we started again. 


“Would you like something to drink Mr. Bow?” I asked my daughter’s strange creature. It waved its hand to the side, telling me no. 

“Ah, I see... Well that’s fine.” I went back to work drawing another submission for one of my highest donating patrons. 

  Ever since my daughter got superpowers from her friend, it feels like life hasn’t been the same for us at all. At first, I was terrified of Olivia and her little monsters. It was just so shocking to suddenly find out one day that your daughter has superpowers. Being able to conjure purple fire balls, numerous little monsters that are willing to serve her to their dying breath, electric balls, magical cannons, and summon crystal apples is not something any parent could expect their child to do. Being terrified of her is a natural course of action, right? 

  Do you know all the ways someone could abuse a power like that? I do! I would totally abuse the hell out of a power like that when I was her age! I would’ve become an unstoppable little villain if I had her powers back then. I guess I’m lucky I got her hooked on all those princess shows and movies when she was a baby. Now all she wants to do is become a princess of the universe or something like that. If she watched all the crap, I watched growing up there’s no telling what kind of little girl she could’ve turned out to be. 

  She’s definitely turning out better than me. I’m lucky I have Pam here to help me with raising our beautiful little girl. Even when she’s training with strange little monsters to get stronger, at least it's something productive and good for her body. I was always in the house playing games or trying to get out of doing work. I never exercised and ate healthy. Olivia is always moving around nowadays and always eat her vegetables. 

  Oh, Olivia managed to finally dodge her teacher’s attack. I was about to congratulate her on her progress, but her teacher followed up on her last attack and smacked her on the head with her umbrella. 

“Good try sweetie! I can tell you’re definitely getting better!” I told her. 

  I couldn’t see her reaction as she covered her face with her arms, but I heard the doorbell ringing. I wonder who that could be. Closing my laptop on my lap, I headed back inside the house through the sliding patio door. 


  What does he think he’s doing cheering me on like that? Doesn’t he know how embarrassing it to hear your father cheering you on after you just made a mistake? Parasol Dee was making sure I understood not to celebrate too early again. I didn’t wish to be hit in the head after feeling proud of myself again so, I dutifully followed her instructions like a good student. 

  We continued our practice a little longer and could feel myself actively improving. It was just like when Bow Dee was teaching me early with Bowby. I feel like if I continue to practice, I'll steadily improve. I didn’t know if this was because of the power that Penny gave me or this was something I could have always done and just never knew until now. 

“Sweetie! Could you come in the house for a moment?!” My father yelled. 

I bowed to both Parasol Dee and Bow Dee. 

“I shall excuse myself for a moment.” I bowed politely like a princess should and de-summoned them before joining my father and mother at the front door. 

  At the front door were 2 men dressed in business suits wearing sunglasses and showing off their shiny badges.  

“We would like to talk to you for a moment about your daughter. Can we come in?” The taller guy asked. 

“You’re not here to take my daughter, are you?!” Father tightly gripped me behind his back while shaking. 

“Show me your warrant before you even think about stepping inside my house.” My mother stood up to the two. 

“I believe you are mistaken Mrs. Waters. We haven’t come to take your daughter from you or anything. If anything, we would wish to make good relations with your family for the good of the country.” The shorter guy spoke up. 

  My mother still stared at them with her hands on her hips. It looks like she wasn’t convinced entirely if they had good intentions or not. 

“Mr. and Mrs. Waters, I can see why you are nervous. Two strange men from the government came to your house and are wishing to come inside and talk to you about your daughter who seems to have recently acquired supernatural abilities.” My parents froze at this statement, but the government guy wasn’t finished yet. 

“But believe me, we do not plan to get on bad terms with your family and only want to make a deal with her. I’m Agent Carl and this is my partner Agent Trevor.” The shorter one said. 

  It looked like my mom still didn’t want to let them inside our house, but my dad suddenly spoke up. 

“We can at least hear them out Pam... They seem like polite enough people.” 

“Fine. Follow me.” My mom crossed her arms and we all headed towards the living room. 

  I took a seat in-between my mother and father while the agents sat on the other chairs opposite from each other.  

“You have a beautiful home.” Agent Trevor complimented. 

“What do you want with my daughter? Who do you even work for in the government? Which government organization are you coming from?” My mother asked. 

“I’ll get to that in a second, but we work for the FBI. We were sent here by the Director after a startling video of your daughter was uploaded online showing off her supernatural abilities. The video in question showed her summoning strange creatures not ever seen before in the wild.” 

  My mother looked at me for an explanation. 

“It was at Adventure Land with Penny and Tiffany. A villain showed up and was planning on hurting people. We stopped him with our powers to protect the people. I guess some people decided to record us again instead of running away.” I told her. She accepted my answer but had a strange look on her face. 

“We would like to ask your daughter, Olivia Waters, to aid us in defending the nation from supernatural threats with the ability she possesses. But in asking her we are also asking you, her legal guardians, for permission to have your daughter join us in stopping these supernatural threats recently popping up.  Normally this would be a job for the CIA but for some reason we haven’t been able to get in contact with them.” 

“You’re asking us if we will allow our daughter to possibly fight against aliens and people with superpowers?! Are you insane?! She’s only 12 years old and you want her to be a government agent and risk her life?!” My mother yelled. She wasn’t the most agreeable in the morning without her coffee. 

“That’s exactly what we’re asking Mrs. Waters. The amount of extraterrestrial and supernatural incidents occurring lately are far too much for us simple humans to handle, even with our firearms and technology. We need people like your daughter here or soon we won’t be able to handle the threats and protect the United States citizens from harm. Please, if not for the United States then at least for the innocent people that live here...” Agent Carl bowed towards my mother. 

“You think I care about other people?! This is my daughter’s life at stake here! I would sacrifice the lives of a million people for the safety of my precious little girl!” My mother yelled. 

“I don’t think a doctor should announce something like that honey...” My father quietly spoke up. 

“Quiet Henry.” My mother shut him down. 

“Yes dear...” My father lowered his head 

“Please Mrs. Waters. You can do a lot of good for this country and have your names etched in history as heroes!” 

“I don’t think you understand Carl... I am not putting my child at risk by allowing her to do something so dangerous! In what world would a parent willingly let their 12-year-old daughter go out and risk her life?!” 

  Agent Carl and Agent Trevor continued to bow towards my mother. 

“Mother. I’m willing to use my powers to help the innocent.” I spoke up. 

  She turned towards me with a shocked look on her face. Agent Carl and Agent Trevor rose their heads and looked at me with hope on their faces. 

“Of course, not for free though. A princess like myself cannot go extending her hand for free and a kingdom cannot build without resources. I will discuss with my parents about what I will require from your agency and we’ll be in touch soon. Please remember when you see my requirements that I am risking my life with this job. I expect nothing but the most satisfactory treatment and terms. Good day Agent Carl and Agent Trevor.” I summoned two Snowls, small snowy owl helpers, and had them pick up the agents and drop them outside our door. 

  Before they left, they gave us their card and thanked us for at least hearing them out. 

“Are you sure you want to do this sweetie? I know the cartoons picture being a hero and helping people out as awesome and cool, but you can get really hurt out there...” My father asked. 

“I want to do this, and I will need you to help me practice healing people Mother. One of my powers from Penny allows me to heal people better but I barely know anything about medical stuff. I tried looking online but I only got more confused. If I can use this healing power better, I could make sure that I don’t get hurt when I'm helping others.” 

“This healing power of yours... How does it work exactly?” My mother asked. 

“Well I can only use it if someone is hurt.”  

  My mother suddenly punched my father in the arm, and he yelped in pain. 

“Show me.” She said. I felt like if I didn’t show her, I would get punched next... I didn’t know my mother was so... violent. 

  I walked over to my father and took out a band-aid from my pocket. I started carrying around band-aids, bandages, and other stuff to help rank up my healing power whenever I found someone hurt. I placed the band-aid where my father got punched and a purple light shined once it stuck to him. It only shined for about a second after I placed it and then stopped. 

Oh wow that feels nice... It doesn’t even hurt anymore!” My father said surprised. 

  My mother looked like she didn’t believe him and punched him in the same spot. He yelped again but then started smiling and laughing. 

Haha it really is a healing superpower! When you hit me the second time Pam, the band-aid sent a weird energy through my body and the pain instantly went away!” 

“I guess so... Alright, Olivia it looks like you're going to learn how to help people just like mommy. But first, let’s talk about what we’re going to take from the FBI. Since you’re going to be protecting the world, we definitely can get as much as we want from them.” 

“Okay, Mother.” 


Alright, this chapter was mainly to show a different way of how the CIA could've reacted with Penny. Instead of kidnapping her and trying to experiment and test on her like a lab rat, talking it out like rational humans was how the FBI handled it with Olivia.

Originally Penny was supposed to be kidnapped by the CIA and then threatened into working for them because they had her Grandma's life in their hands but i decided to scrap that idea. I definitely could've went somewhere with that idea but i decided against it for some reason. Maybe i'll reuse it in a future arc.

And lastly! Olivia! The now confirmed 12 year old princess will be working for the FBI as part of an experimental youth squad filled with supernatural youths! What do you think she and her parents will request from the FBI? Do you think Olivia is going to get along with her future squadmates? What about Tiffany and Penny?! Why didn't they get asked to joined this mysterious group?

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

2