Tiffany and the Symbiotic Machine!
66 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Is there any need for all of this secrecy Chief? All of a sudden you just called us out of the blue to come to this meeting and not to tell anyone of our location or where we were going. Why? What’s going on?” I asked. 

“I’m glad you asked Cooper. Watch these videos first. Then I will tell you why I gathered you all here.” 

  We were all members of the United States military. Most of the people inside this room were all part of the top brass. So, whatever it is our Commander-in-Chief wants to show us has to be pretty damn important. We were also threatened that if any information about what happens inside this room is leaked outside then we can personally expect a bullet in our heads. I had to let out a surprised whistle at that one. It’s been about 20 or so years since I heard something like that from the Chief. Seems like something big has happened somewhere in the world and we’re about to get first look at whatever it is.  

  We all sat around the oval table and looked at the projector at the end of the table. The projector turned on and we all watched the screen. 

“Hey guys! It’s ya gurl Tiff! I’m here with my besties on this super freaking cold alien planet! Say hi 

Besties!” 

  What the hell was this? Did the Commander-in-Chief accidentally turn on some kid’s ViewTube video? The serious look on his face betrayed my suspicions and I continued to watch the video. In the video, it showed the young girl somehow materializing glass mirrors around herself. This caused a few gasps from people but it wasn’t until the little monsters and the giant bear-like creature showed up that the entire room nearly devolved into chaos. 

  The video looked just too real to be faked. The video had such a high quality to it unlike most fake supernatural videos posted on the internet. If it was CGI, then it rivaled with the greatest Hollywood movies out right now because it was hard to tell if those creatures were really digitally made or real! The way that shy little girl interacted with those two orange monsters looked too advanced for CGI plus, how would children their age even be able to do CGI to that level? Unless there was an entire team that deals with computer animations behind this video somehow. I find it hard to suspect something like that but anything else would point to this video being real which would be impossible! Superpowers aren’t real! And if they were, we would’ve already had agents out in the field with them or using them to fight wars! 

  After the video ended, the Commander-in-Chief continued to show more and more short videos with the girl known as Tiffany Jones. The list of things she was capable of increased as the videos continued on. Creating these magical mirrors with no known limits, jumping into the mirrors and staying inside somehow, being able to split people into 4 identical copies but with alternate colors, and even teleporting between her mirrors! It was absolutely crazy to think that the first superpowered individual was a 13-year-old girl! And she possibly had two other friends that also hold mysterious powers as well! It’s too naïve to think that such a thing is a coincidence. Something must have happened to those three that somehow gave them those powers. 

“Cooper. Are you thinking what I think you are thinking?” Chief suddenly asked me. 

“If you’re thinking about the origins of where those girls got their abilities from then I guess I am.” I answered. 

“That’s also something to think about but no that wasn’t what I was thinking. We need to get this girl as one of ours ASAP!” 

“How would we do that Commander-in-Chief? We cannot enlist a 13-year-old child into the military!” 

“What if we kidnapped her?” Some maniac suggested. The fact that the Chief actually didn’t shut him down immediately forced me to speak up about my thoughts. 

“I believe placing trusted personnel to slowly get closer to her and attempt to withdraw the information about how she came about her supernatural powers will be a much safer plan.” I spoke up. 

“Do you know how long that would take Cooper!? It could be years before we get a satisfactory answer from the spy!” 

“I agree. If we force her under our control by using her parents as hostages then she could be working for us immediately and as long as we want.” 

“Hmm...” The Chief hummed. 

“Are you blind fools absolutely crazy!? You’re suggesting that we threaten and force the first superhuman ever spotted?! A superhuman that’s also a 13-year-old girl who has been seen to be nothing but an innocent child who wants to do good with her abilities!? Who knows if what we’ve seen right now are the current limits to her powers?! Who knows if she might grow exponentially stronger in the future and one day decides to wipe out the United States Military because they forced her into slavery for who knows how many years by threatening the lives of her parents!?” I shouted. 

“Heh. Cooper aren’t you exaggerating just a bit? She’s just some snot-nosed brat.” Tommy chuckled at me. 

“Yeah Cooper, you’re looking far too into this. She is just a kid. Even if she got weird powers, it’s not like they’ll be any good to her on her own. She needs wise and respectable adults like ourselves to show her the right way of using those useful abilities. Then we can study her body and eventually find a way to create our own superhumans from the tests.” Phil sniggered. 

“We shouldn’t threaten her and just try to figure out the source of her powers. The consequences of getting on the bad side of the first superhuman is far more dire than patiently waiting for one of our personnel to reveal the origins of her powers.” I reasoned passionately. 

  The Chief stayed quiet and looked around the room. Seemingly waiting for anymore suggestions from anyone. There were none besides mine and Phil’s. He stood up straight and powerfully excluded the aura of a leader. 

“Chief! I’m warning you! Doing what these idiots are suggesting is tantamount to destroying ourselves with our own actions!” I slammed my hand on the table.  

“That’s enough Cooper.” He told me. I had no choice but to sit down and wait for his response. I desperately hoped he didn’t choose Phil’s idea or I would have to find a way to escape the country with my family for the new few years. 

“We will incorporate both ideas.” He announced. 

“Huh?” I said surprised. 

“What do you mean Sir?” Tommy asked. 

“I mean what I said. We will do both plans. We will find our most talented child agent that’s closest to Tiffany Jones in age and allow her to extract the information from Tiffany herself. However, she only has half a year to get the information or we will go ahead with Phil’s plan.” 

  I shot up from my chair again but I couldn’t refute against the Chief’s idea. Six months was more than enough time for a mission like this, if anything the Chief was being generous to me by giving six months. Normally a mission like this would be three to four months max since the target is a child but it seems the Chief was giving me extra time on account of our long history together. I sat back down in my seat. 

“Now that that topic is done with, we must discuss about the Freezing Incident with the FBI.” 

  The meeting went on for a few more hours but all my mind was focused on was Tiffany Jones, the source of her powers, and which agent I was going to send on this very important mission. It wasn’t an overstatement to say that this mission will either advance the United States' military prowess or completely destroy it in a few years. Some of these fools might not understand just how potentially dangerous Tiffany Jones’s abilities are, but I do. Mirrors are everywhere in this society and her powers being based around them means that there are little ways of stopping her from doing whatever she wants!  

  I even believe that she could even teleport through phone screens! Do you know how many people have smart phones nowadays? Over 3.5 billion! That’s how many! She could theoretically teleport through any of those screens and be anywhere in the world! There’s also her possibly being able to split herself into four and also teleporting away through the use of those 4 copies! Who knows if terminating one copy would even do anything to the original as well?! 

  Coming in today, I did not expect to think that I would suddenly be in charge of the future of America. Maybe I should’ve taken the day off today... 


So, what exactly are you?” I asked the weird little alien thing that merged itself to my phone and sent me to the hospital. 

“I am Gizmo. I was sent through space with the task of discovering new technology throughout the cosmos.” It spoke back in a robot voice. 

“If you wanted to learn about technology then why did you attach yourself to me!?” I yelled. 

“Symbiotically fusing with a sapient inhabitant will allow me to get in contact with technology created by members of your species faster and more easily.” It answered. 

“So, you’re just using me and then your just gonna leave one day to fly back to your creators? What do I get out of this!? What’s stopping me from finding a way to dismantle you?!” 

“I can benefit you host! I am capable of many useful functions that will definitely benefit you and your race in the long run.” 

“Like what?” I asked. 

“Gizmo is capable of analyzing any technological creations, copying their designs into its database, create devices copied from database, augment any technology it possesses, and repair Gizmo’s form in case of damage!” 

“But none of this matters if you’re just going to fly off in the future.” 

“Gizmo can upload information from its database into host’s mind!” 

  I smiled. Now that’s what I wanted to hear. 

“It’s gonna be nice working with you Gizmo. Now let’s look up some tech on the internet and get that infomation up in my brain.” 

“Gizmo will do!” 

  The new few hours were spent having Gizmo suck up all sorts of things that could be built by people. I also felt like I knew a bunch of stuff I didn’t know before! Gizmo hasn’t put any info in my head yet but just by watching him search up things, I was learning things alongside him. As the hours went on by, things got easier and easier for me to understand. I sent a message to my home girls and asked them like what the shizz was going on here? Was I always this smart or what? 

  Livvie asked me what I was talking about and how was I feeling after coming out the hospital. I told her what happened with Gizmo and then she asked me was I sure if he wasn’t somehow uploading information in my head without me knowing. I replied back that I didn’t feel like he was uploading anything. Penny still wasn’t online. It’s been a couple days and tbh I was starting to get a little worried. 

  I sent Livvie a text if we should look for Penny tomorrow. She agreed and wondered what the hell Pennay was up to. She said she was worried if something bad happened to her and it could have been related to the government. I asked why did she think that and she said how she and Penny were talking about government agents and stuff before she stopped messaging back. 

“So, are we supposed to like investigate the government or something gurl?” I sent to her. 

“I’m going to be working with the FBI soon. I will try to find out anything I can when I go in to see them. For now, try and search for any news online about her or about powers.” She sent back. 

“Hold up! You’re going to be working for the FBI!? How in the hellz did that happen gurl! Spill that tea sis!” I rapidly tapped on my phone. 

“Calm down Tiffany. It’s not that big a deal. They just wanted to hire me for my powers to punish criminals and help people. Nothing I haven’t done already.” 

“Not a big deal?! Girl! How many people our age do you know that have been hired by the FBI?!” 

“You have a point but I still don’t think it’s worth getting worked up about.” 

Livvi, you have no sense of adventure whatsoever.” 

“Yes I do!” 

? Sure whatever you say Queen.” 

“I do have a sense of adventure! I’ll show you when I go into work and take hundreds of pictures.” 

“I can’t wait to see them.” 

“I’m serious you know!?” 

“Anyway!!! We should visit Miss B and tell her that we’re going to look for Penny so that she doesn’t get worried.” 

“I completely forgot, you’re right. We should visit Penny’s Grandmother tomorrow.” 

  I made a mirror leading into my kitchen and stuck my hand through it, trying to open up my freezer. I took out my cookies and cream ice cream box from it and pulled it through my mirror, bringing it to my room. Having this power was so sick. I’m so glad I got this power. 

  Eating a tub of ice cream while watching my shows, there’s not much that could beat this. Oh! I should post a quick video of this relaxing mood. I picked up my phone from my bed and posted a video on social media of me, my ice cream, and my tv in the background. I’m so glad I'm back home and not over my grandparent’s house.  

  I also didn’t get the chance to put my grandpa and grandma back to normal. I haven’t seen them since they drove off the farm after being split into four copies each. Mom and Dad haven’t talked to me about putting them back to normal or anything so, I guess they were fine being split up into four. Oh, that reminds me. Ever since I found out that I could split objects just like I could split living things, my mom has gone actually cray cray. The fridge, freezer, and deep freezer are filled to the brim with a rainbow of groceries. 

  My cookies and cream ice cream was actually bright pink copy that looked like strawberry ice cream! I got a few comments on my post about what kind of ice cream I was eating and no one believed me when I said it was cookie and cream flavor. One of the trolls that always comments on my posts said that they didn’t even make a pink colored cookie and cream ice cream tub. I told him that he wasn’t looking hard enough because it’s right there in the picture! He tried arguing some more but my internet buddies took over and defended me, I wasn’t gonna respond anymore anyway. I only give the trolls 1 or 2 replies max before ignoring them because I don’t need that much toxicity in my life. 


And this is the prelude to Tiffany's experience with the government! Her selfies, snaps, videos, and pictures have all been seen by the government! They have been getting any information about her and her friends that they could. They would've taken down all her posts that showed off her power but a certain someone decided against that! If they started taking down those posts then certain members of the public could get suspicious and start to investigate what type of posts were taken down and why.

BTW, no one on Tiffany's socials really believes shes got superpowers. Only her parents, Olivia and her parents, and Penny. Well and the government after doing a trace on her background and history. They just think she makes really convincing fake videos.

Oh Gizmo! I nearly forgot about the little bugger. He was inspired by the omnitrix in origins but his capabilities were kind of something i made up to complement Tiffany's technology mastery skill for the future.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible adventures/missions/skills/perks/planets/characters/aliens and things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

3