Chap 4: small interaction
1.4k 19 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a traditional Japanese dojo, the atmosphere is serene, with tatami mats cover the floor, providing a soft and stable surface for practicing martial arts. The walls are adorned with calligraphy and weapons, symbolizing the discipline and history of the art form. 

Two person stood facing each other.

On one side was Takumi, wearing a white jacket and pants tied with a thick white cloth belt. The jacket is long and loose-fitting, with wide sleeves that allow for ease of movement. The pants are straight-leg and reach just above the ankle, with white Tabi socks.

On the other side is a tall older woman. She wore the same outfit as Takumi, with the only diffirence is in the belt that she has is black instead of white. She has long grey hair tied into a bun and brown amber eyes that shone with experience. 

Both combatant stand ready, waitting for the first chance to make a move. 

*Fwoosh*

Takumi quickly throw a jabs first. His strike was deflected by the palm from the older lady right hand. She counter with a left jab of her own, which Takumi narrowly dodge out of the way.  

Takumi throw a furry of punches, all of them were evaded easily. She Quickly dodge them all and counter attack with punches of her own.

*BAM* 

*BAM*

*BAM*

Both begin to trade blow with Takumi being the more aggressive, throwing long over hook from left and right. Trying to land a hit but it was all evaded or block by the older lady.

She was more calm and was taking her time to strike throughout the fight. every so when Takumi would made a mistake by throwing overer extending his hook, she used that moment to counter. Ducking under the hook, she hit him with a uppercut. 

Recovering quickly, he try to mix in some kicks as well to increase the chance of winning. He threw a faint shot to create a distraction. As the lady duck under his faint, Takumi Throw a blow by kicking his knees up.

*BAM* 

Seeing this opening, he would charge in for a quick take down. But as he made a single step forward, he was elbowed him in the stomach, causing him to stagger back a step. 

Using the opportunity, the older lady rushed in and knocked him out. By grabbing the hem of his shirt, she threw him over her shoulder.  

Takumi eyes wonder as he feel himself being lift from the ground. In the next moment, Takumi whole body was slammed onto the floor mat. 

*SLAM* 

The sound of his body slamed onto the floor echoed throughout the dojo, as he was looking at the dojo ceiling. Laying sprawl across the floor, with heavy beath, sweat covered his forehead.  

"You did well." The lady praised him. 

She offer a hand, which Takumi lazily grabbed to help him get up. 

"Thank you again, master Tomoe." 

Ms. Tomoe is an elder lady in her late 40s, he first met her during Takumi 2nd was going shopping. She help him from being harrased by some delinquent. 

By 'help' , he meant beating them all senseless. It would be like seeing an skilled and buff old man beating up some brats in his old world. 

After seeing how she was able to fend off those delinquent, he wanted to ask her to teach him in hand to hand combat. At first, she was hesitant but with some begging and "puppy eyes" he was able to convince her to train him.   

"No problem kiddo. You're been growing these pass few months, this old hag is glad to help you out. And i told you, just call me miss Tomoe is fine." She saiđ, ruffling his hair.

Getting up, he walk over to use the public shower the dojo has. 

Looking at himself in the mirror, no longer was the flimsy looking boy. Visible abs can be seen on him, while the rest of his body has gained more muscle. It was't as defined as he can hide it under his shirt and no one could tell he trained in martial art or that he was strong enough to spin kick the average person. 

But he was still consider petite when comparing to the woman that are quite the female version of Sam Sulek.  

[Daily quest: trainning martial art (completed)] 

[User gain 2 stats point]

[ +0.1 to strength] 

[+0.1 to endurence] 

'Stats' 

------

[User status]

Name: Takumi Nejima 

Level 2 (22 points) 

Strenght: 18.2

Perception: 22.2

Agility: 13.0

Endurance: 18.4

Energy: 23.0

Luck: 11 (+10 ) The blessing of the gacha goddess. 

-------

He had been trainning with Tomoe as his master for a couple of months as of now, by doing so Takumi had been able to raise his strength and dexterity, along with learning how to fight proplely. Plus the free stats point when he completed his daily [Quest]. All of which he is saving. 

 

Walking out, Takumi had changed to his normal clothing, with a wet towel on his head. 

"So how am i doing, it is good enough to learn sword fighting yet ?" 

"Hahaha, kid i have told you before. The day i teach you how to use a blade is when you could beat me." 

"Ugh, so you're saying that you'll never teach me." 

His respon causs Ms Tomoe a hardy laugh. 

 

Takumi could have won, if used any curse technique or activated any of his skill. He could beat her. But he just wasn't comfortable doing so, it would be like cheating. And because of the way he was raised, Takumi have trouble hitting woman in the face. 

Not that he can't, but unless the person deserved it or if he have to. Takumi would try to avoid hitting them in the face. 

 

And he guess, ms Tomoe wouldn't want a boy to use sword either. 

"You know, kiddo. You're the only boy i ever met who's so into trainning martial art." 

"More than the other guys ?" 

Tomoe dojo is where she taugh many students martial art, Takumi was among the students come here often. Few of them is also male trainning for self defense. 

"Yeah, but the diffirence is those kids lack the determination like yours." 

"Plus they don't get to learn after class like me right ?" 

"Yeah, that too." 

His carefree open and gentle personality when it's come to talking with girls made him quite poppular among them. To the girls at the dojo, he was the equivalent to a tomboy. Or.....is it Tomgirl ?

"Ah, it's time already. Sorry master, I gotta go now, see you again tomorow." He said, looking at the time displayed on his wrist watch. He would Hugs ms.Tomoe before exiting the dojo. 

"Be safe out there kiddo!" Tomoe reminded him even as he left.

"I will, goodbye." 

Heading outside to the crowded street, he start walking to his next place he had in mind. 

Living in this world for a long time, Takumi gradually able adapted to this new world. And interacting with people here made him feel...real. 

Reading from the manga, the world of jjk is not about the normal people. As the story is focus on the cast and the curses. The normal folks is usually left out, but after living among the so called normal people, Takumi realized this world is just as real as he is. 

Socilazing, making bond with them, to the main cast, these people might as well be background character. But he felt real, to Takumi, all of them felt real. That's why he's want to grow to become stronger. Not only survive, but to keep what he values safe. 

Remembering Takumi first [Quest], it was the day that he met Tojiko. When he touch her hand. System notify him of his first [Quest]. 

---------

[Questline started: she who left it all behind.]

[By completing each quest mark in the questline, user can gain reward that are related to corresponding character in the questline] 

*Each decision the user makes will affect that character's fate* 

---------

new chap, gotta ask. You guys and gal like to read more about just background character interaction like this ?

47