18. Clothing for a lifetime
74 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aric didn't waste any more time and brought out the gold and silver coins. Valhere wasn't expecting anything from this human who didn't seem like someone who had come from an affluent family, but then again adventurers were known for their eccentric values and morals.

When the gold coins were placed on the table, she was beyond ecstatic.

"Sir, these are gold coins. Right?" Valhere asked, and Aric nodded. "And you wish to sell them?"

"Yes. How much would I get?" Aric asked.

"Please wait a moment as I detect the purity and the weight," Valhere said as she brought out what seemed to be a scanner. The scanning didn't take much time, and within seconds she was able to know the properties of the coins.

"These coins seem to be of 86.9% purity with a weight of 31.10 grams each. One gold coin can be sold for 4556 Sora credits or 4159 Vallin credits. Do you wish to sell them?" Valhere asked. Aric asked Apis if the price was correct, to which Apis replied that the store couldn't ever lie about things like this since it would hurt their reputation.

"I would like to sell the gold coins and the silver ones too."

"Oh, that would be my pleasure." Valhere was very happy with the exchange. She checked out all of the coins, and in the end, Aric was awarded with 21,000 Sora credits, which he received after being rounded up.

[

Account No. : 4213190626000701

Name : Aric More

Species : Human (male)

Parents/Guardian : Not specified 

Balance : 31,025 credits (Sora)

]

Seeing the amount in his balance, he felt like he was above the clouds. He had never expected a single kill would give him that many credits. He took the decision of selling the gold in Echorysia instead of Earth because here he could sell without any questions, but if he did the same in his place, he would be jailed.

Maybe it wouldn't come if he sold these small four gold coins, but if he ever sold in bulk, he would be targeted, and the police would come asking questions. He didn't want that.

"Thank you for doing business with us. If you ever find such items in the future, please consider our establishment. We will give you discounts too if you come with a bulk sale," Valhere said in the sweetest voice possible, almost giving Aric a bit of a creepy feeling.

"I will look out for that," Aric said and then proceeded to leave the store. Coming out of the store, Aric pulled up his communicator. He needed to search for some items that he needed for his future exploration. He was in the future, so he was sure that he would be able to find things that might not even be imaginable in his mind.

And he was right for doing that because he found things that were way too unbelievable. After a major search online, he found some items that caught his attention, and he had to splurge quite a bit of money.

He came to a nearby café to sit and enjoy the city while waiting for his delivery. He ordered a cappuccino; yes, it was available in the café too along with other items for different alien species. Apparently, coffee was liked by many species of the world. Sitting in a roadside café and taking in the smells and sights of this glorious city was an experience in itself.

He went from a near-death experience to casually sitting in a café within a matter of an hour. His world had really changed, and hopefully for the better. He was also thinking of his future steps. As he was sipping on that wonderful bit of coffee, he finally received the items he had ordered.

**Nano Suit with Adaptive Camouflage:** The nano suit had advanced adaptive camouflage capabilities that allowed the wearer to blend seamlessly into different environments, whether it's urban, forested, or desert terrain. This camouflage was able to adjust rapidly to changes in surroundings, helping someone remain undetected by hostile inhabitants. In addition to camouflage, the nano suit had the ability to transform into different outfits or disguises to help the adventurer blend in with the local population if necessary. The suit also didn't need maintenance as it would take the required energy from the body itself and also clean itself regularly. One could wear this 24 hours without any problem.

**Advanced Reconnaissance Drones:** Deployable reconnaissance drones equipped with sensors and cameras could provide invaluable intelligence gathering without putting someone at risk. These drones could also go up to 5 kms in any direction while being silent and have refractive panels on them that would make them almost invisible. And these drones were very small in nature like the size of a tarantula spider.

Buying these two items made Aric lose 10,000 Sora credits in an instant, but it was all worth it. The suit cost him 7,500 credits, but it was worth it. This suit could hide his thermal signature and his smell even if he wasn't covered fully by the suit. Actually, if Aric had more money, he would have asked for an Iron Man type suit.

Oh yes, the online stores for adventurers sold suits ranging from Iron Man to Pacific Rim type mechs. But one needed to be registered in the adventurer union, and only with a clean slate could one get that. Of course, one needed to have money too. In order to buy an Iron Man suit, one needed to pay at least 100,000 Sora credits, and that was the cheapest.

Let's not talk about the huge mech suits. And even the stealth drones were one of the cheapest varieties that Aric could buy as he didn't want to spend all his money in one go. If everything fell into the right places, he would be able to get more coins out of his next raid.

The nano suit came in the form of bracelets. The more he wore them, the bracelets seemed to have melted onto the skin itself.

15