30. I am not here to fight
40 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thus it started a round of talks and Aric was adamant of dropping the price, he wanted to make money for sure but also wanted everyone to get a taste of it. Each bottle cost him 5 Sora credits anyways and he had plenty to spare. 

At the end following points were decided. 

1. Each bottle would sell for 8 copper coins. 

2. Aric would recieve 5 copper coins and Albert would recieve 3 copper coins. 

3. They would need to buy a magical storage to keep the bottles cold which would cost them 80 copper coins. 

Albert himself decided to buy one as he would be profiting for almost doing nothing. He would also have to buy the ice, which he would reimburse himself always. Aric didn't bother with it as he would recieve the money upfront from Albert and only then he would recieve the bottles. Aric was happy with the arrangement and couldn't wait for his days of luxury to start.

After some more talks about the the things they would need to do, both of them and Aric out of celebration gifted them each a bottle of coke. Both were beyond happy to have another one and thanked him profusely. 

The sale would start in a few days as even though this was a medieval age, the food products such as drinks needed to be licensed. Drinks like wine would also go through scrutiny by the city administration and only then approved. And the same went for a drink such as Coke. 

He promised to finish the process in a week and the coke would be in the market in the following week. Aric was not in a hurry as he could do his own work and research in this week. He had been running around a lot and needed to calm down a bit. Aric was also appreciative of the fact that Albert didn't ask about the pizza. 

Aric had seen enough two faced people in his previous life to trust anyone blindly, even if they were kind of him. He would always measure his steps and the road to luxury was always slow. 


The next day

Aric didn't go to the Distant Wind city and went to Echorysia for some research. He wasn't in any kind of hurry and thus needed to take his own time to settle things around. While he did trade things around he also made sure that he didn't bring any germs to either of the places. Thus he had also put a all around sanitizer at the storage space too which would clean the space whenever Aric asked for it. 

After reaching Echorysia, he didn't go out of the storage unit, but rather sat and started researching on the humans who lived in the universe. What surprised him was that the humans also had the same languages as the humans of Earth. 

There was something called the Federation of Humans. And the humans were spread across the universe in different galaxies. They had countless galaxies under them. And many of them were divided by language or culture. The official statement was that the humans were united, but as he researched more, he got the point that even in the universe the humans had differences among each other and thus there was conflict. 

But not at the scale of Earth. There were mud slinging and accusations but that was the limit, as the Human Federation would never allow full blown conflict among each other. Now coming back to the languages and customs, they were very similar to Earth. 

This was very strange to Aric as he couldn't find any planet named Earth, not even in history as he had a thought that he might have landed in the future. But there was no inkling of it. Researching the whole day had made him more understanding of the humans of this universe and it had already given a rise to many of his ideas but that would have to wait a bit. 

The place where he was in Earth wasn't that well connected and even good Internet was a luxury. It would be at least 4 years more before this place would have a 3g connection. At the moment there was an internet cafe at his home town and that was way too slow to do any good work. 

For now he could only focus on the magical side and look for a way to grow in Echorysia and that universe. In the following week, he stayed with his grandparents while waited for the licensing was in order. But he didn't exactly spent the week doing nothing. 

He went around and found a place that had things he had been searching for.

A runic circle shop.

A place where one can buy different kinds of runic circles. The exterior, adorned with ancient symbols etched into the stone façade, exuded a bit of wonder. Aric stepped inside and he was blasted with the scent of aged parchment and exotic herbs. The interior was dimly lit by flickering candles ensconced in wrought iron holders. 

The shelves themselves were lined with meticulously crafted runes on different parchments, each imbued with its own unique magic. He had seen one before, the one he had frisked from. The one which had stealth magic written on it. 

There was a man sitting on the other side of the counter. He was using a magnifying glass and looking at a parchment with concentration. Aric felt awkward as the man didn't seem to notice his arrival and thus had to cough a bit to call his attention. 

Thankfully the man didn't need another cough. Instead of being happy that a customer had arrived, he looked annoyed. 

"What do you want kid? If you don't buy anything from here today, I will ban you forever from coming to this place ever in your life." The man said. This caught Aric off guard as he didn't expect such a hostile reception and rude first words. 

6