38. You are a big deal
56 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hahahah... We have sold 4000 bottles after the free raid ended and gained around 21 gold coins and some silver coins, so your share will be around 13 gold coins. But I will go the extra mile and give you 14 gold coins. I hope that is acceptable for you," Albert said.

"Uncle, I will be happy with 13 gold coins," Aric said as he tried to be as humble as possible.

"No, thanks to your drink, I also have a profit of 5 gold coins extra," Albert said. Aric didn't show any emotions in his eyes or face when he heard that.

"You have no idea how precious a gold coin is, do you? A gold coin is enough for the rent of 3 months for me. And thanks to you, I now have a total profit of 14 gold coins myself. Someone who only makes a profit of 5 to 6 gold coins, a part of which also goes to the bakery, for the rent and the worker's salary. And the fun part is I don't even need to pay anyone from the new profits that I made," Albert said.

"You need to pay a bit more to your worker and make sure he is happy. Don't be too greedy. Keep your friends and enemies rich, and find out which is which," Aric said.

"What? Where does that saying come from? And a child like you actually calls me greedy. You have got some balls, small man," Albert was sure that Aric had reiterated some kind of saying, but he had never heard such words before.

"One narcissistic guy," Aric mumbled under his breath, but those words didn't reach the ear of Albert. But it looked like Albert liked the saying, and at the moment, he was too happy to even care what kind of rubbish words Aric was saying.

He gave the 14 gold coins to Aric, which he had converted the previous day.

"Two caravans came for taking the new batch of our cokes. They have ordered 6000 bottles. Can you make them?" Albert said. After the first sale went through, Albert, who had connections to caravans, knew they were interested.

Travel from one city to another was never a safe case, and thus only middle and big-sized businesses would take the route of doing business. It was a dangerous but very profitable business if they did it right. And Albert, just like many other shops in the city, had some connections with two or three caravans.

He had sold them a few bottles last time, and this time they came back asking for 6000 units, a huge amount that neither Aric nor Albert expected. This was a huge number, but it also made Aric very happy. It meant that his first product was a hit.

"Yes, I will be able to make 6000 cokes," Aric replied. Albert didn't expect that answer and thought he would deny since making 6000 bottles wasn't a joke. What surprised Albert more was the fact that he had never seen Aric out of his house to bring in any kind of supplies, almost making him feel that Aric was able to make it out of thin air.

But then again, it was a magical world, and he might be tied to some powerful mages, and that was the reason he was out alone. Albert also was very cautious of not crossing any boundaries with this mysterious child who appeared out of nowhere and brought out a novel thing.

He could already see the item becoming nationally famous in a short span of time, and he was happy to ride the coattails of Aric, even though he was much older than the cheeky brat.

"Are you confident about it? We might have to make more than 4000," Albert said.

"No. We will only sell 4000 among the locals. Not more," Aric said. This made Albert calm down a bit as he was thinking Aric might have some kind of unlimited supply. It wasn't that Aric couldn't sell more than 4000 in the bakery, but he wouldn't do so because being too greedy in the start itself wouldn't be good.

This was the old times and murders out of jealousy couldn't be ruled out. Heck, even in his times and the interstellar civilizations, there were cases based on jealousy and envy. Why bother welcoming that sin at home when one could slowly build up?

Here, being greedy was fine from what he understood, but he needed to have that kind of firepower to safeguard his greed, which he didn't have at the moment. He didn't say these words to Albert, of course, and it was his own decision.

And another reason being, he didn't want to be held in one shop and desired to influence around more. And thus he had decided to make another move in his chess game. After getting the gold coins, he was back at his home and after a few seconds, he came out with a straw bag in his hand. The bag was quite big and seemed to be carrying something.

He held the straw bag under his shoulders as he briskly walked through the narrow paths of the city. Over the past month, he had been in the city and walked around whenever he had time. And thus he was now accustomed to the place.

He soon reached the place where he was supposed to reach.

The runic circle shop.

That grumpy dude.

*Ting* *Ting*

The bell rang a little as he entered through the door of the shop. There was the same man whom he had last seen when he bought the cleaning dust runic circle. The man looked up and gave a warm smile seeing Aric come in.

"Welcome, welcome. I am sorry for my rude behavior last time and hope that you forgive me. I didn't know that you are a big deal."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Aric was confused and asked.

Announcement
Read 6 chapters ahead on my patreon
7