Love
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Quinn's pov 


 I was angry, I wanted to slap him again, but I held that urge, for now.


 John went to open his mouth “why don't we move this to a place where no ears would be present.” 


 I growled beneath my breath, grabbed Winnie's wrist and walked off.


 A minute later, we were in the inner living room.


 “Talk.” I stood in front of John as I leveled my gaze on him. He looked down, not wanting to meet my eyes.


 “Answer my damn question John.” 


 I didn't look around the room, I didn't care about their expressions, all I wanted to know was why my brother thought it was a good idea to go at Adam when he was supposed to be anonymous.


 “That was the plan.” He meekly replied as his fingers intertwined.


 I blinked twice to make sure I heard him correctly “what was your plan?” My voice was levelled.


 “To get shot, p - ". * TA!! “I slapped him even harder this time, I was going to do it again before Winnie came and put her hands on my chest, pushing me back.


 Emmanuel went to John who held his cheek as tears welled up in his eyes.


 “All of you step back.” I coldly said “baby -” Winnie started “Winnie.” 


 She stared me straight in the eye, before nodding and going to sit.


 I stared at Emmanuel who had his head lowered also, next to John.


 * TA!! * I slapped Emmanuel. 


 They didn't raise their heads and that angered me even more.


 “Explain why you thought getting shot was a good idea" my voice commanded as I calmed myself down.


 It seemed that the calm in my voice gave them courage as they looked up at my face, before looking back down, probably due to the coldness still on my face.


 “We thought really hard about what you said.” John started “about Mercy probably being forced into the marriage.” Emmanuel clarified


 “Then we remembered how Mercy took us as her younger brothers.” “Like how you take me as your younger brother.”


 “We thought that if she sees her brother hospitalized one of her brothers... " “She’ll talk to you, cause of guilt. " 


 A scoff inevitably escaped my lips as I raised my hand “Quinn.” My eyes went straight to Winnie and a sigh escaped my lips as I lowered my hand.


 I placed a hand on each of their shoulder, which prompted them to look up at me with caution and worry.


 “Who do you think Mercy loves more between you guys and Miranda?” I asked sternly. 


 Realization on the fact that Mercy did nothing when she saw her best friend from birth, who might I add she is super over protective of, get shot, the chances of her doing anything when they got shot was even lesser.


 ""I'm sorry."" They said simultaneously.


 That did nothing to appease the anger I felt, they were fucking stupid.


 “I’ll have to tell you guys to stay away from Adam, you're no longer going to do anything concerning the plan” 


They stared at me in shock “and cause you stirred up the pettiness in that bastard heart, you're going back to school, I don't need him getting people to kill you two, you're safe abroad. " 


 They didn't complain, they knew they fucked up.


Adam said so himself, he's here to make sure we don't try to stop the wedding, and I saw it from his eyes, his way involves killing anyone he deems have intent on stopping it.


 I left them and left with Sam, an hour later, the two of them were boarding a plane to Canada.


 Once the plane took off, we returned back, I patted Sam on his shoulder and went to my room.


 I smiled sweetly when I saw Winnie sleeping in my bed.


 I quickly washed up and got under the covers, I immediately brought her gently into my arms, she stirred a bit before getting comfortable.


 My hands softly held her waist and traced up and down her back as relief and comfort finally entered my body.


 Since I've known her, I've always loved holding her, it calms me, her touch keeps me steady, even a drunk me knows to not stay with anyone apart from her. It scares me at times how much power she has over me, saddens me also, she's my world, and she can never know it. ‘I know we can never be, but let me just admit it to you once.'


 “I love you, Winnie.”

0