chapter 4: It begins here… welcome to hell.
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third-person p.o.v

 

500 years later...

 

 

A loud roar rung through the air with a beast of dark mana with an orc large form and a dark cloth-like mist covering the entirety of its face, wielding a very large double-edged sword that gave an ominous glow in the almost pitch-black environment. The beast seemed to run towards something within the void, almost as if it felt the danger from the strange threat. The beast roared in a fret, claiming dominance over the strange threat.

The demon dark orc brought up its weapon, ready to strike the strange being now shrouded in a thin cloth of darkness, and the only thing visible about the being were the glowing red eyes that shunned through the veils of the abyssal mist that plagued the surrounding area. The weapon came closer to the being in anticipation of slashing it in half clean, but before it could reach the being... Time started to go all slow until the being breathed out, releasing a sudden glare of wind and pressure that was strong enough to not just disarm the demon by shattering the monster's sword to pieces, but the monster was forced to its knees while beside the being, as the demon rose its head with much force only to be met with the open palm of the strange being directly at the monster's face. The red-eyed man breathed in and simply whispered.

"magic technique... inferno grandus" The moment the spell was cast, a sudden spark of red flame erupted from his palm before releasing a torrent of flames that not only instantaneously disintegrated the orc demon, but the force from the flame scorched the ground and erupted like a furious volcanic eruption. after some time it died down and the being finally dropped its still-steaming hand that unleashed the torrent of flame with a quick exhalation from it… It brought up its gaze towards a tower on the horizon that went above the dark clouds and seemed almost endless.

 

Sudden flash back

 

"I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS, BUT I CAN HELP YOU GAIN THE POWER YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR REVENGE ON THOSE THAT CAUSED YOU THIS GREAT DESPAIR."

 

end of flash back

 

the being kept its gaze lingering at the structure before him… until he finally continued to make his way closer to the tower but with a sudden burst of red and purple around his form, increasing more and more as he continued to get closer to the structure and with a sudden crouch the being took, it launched itself forward towards the tower which surprisingly… started to rumble and soon began to move away as if trying to avoid the being that charged forward it nevertheless the being managed to keep up and with a sudden stop about 15 meters away from the structure the being stretched out its hand towards the tower and with a furious glare from the red eyed being, it opened its mouth and roared out with such fury.

"NOT THIS TIME END, NO MORE GAMES." Some strange tattoos rushed out around the being's muscular-toned arms like white veins as a white chain erupted from the being's hand and launched towards the still-fast-moving tower with such velocity that it caused a sudden repercussion. With the chains immediately warping around the base of the tower and with a powerful drag by the being, the structure started to come to a halt. The being roared out in pain and rage, and with the wind picking up around it, the firm footing of the being started to lose its grip on the ground as the being's foot began to sink into the ground, causing the crater beneath it to get larger and larger with every passing second. "I'VE CHASED DOWN THIS TOWER FOR 5 CENTURIES. I WON'T LOSE IT AGAIN!"

The chains began to tighten more around the tower, and with a crouch by the being, widening the crate beneath his feet even more and also increasing the drag force on the tower, the structure finally stopped, and with a final pull, the being launched itself towards the tower by pulling himself to the structure with the chains in his arms. The moment this happened, the tower was about to not just move but also begin to fade in the process. But by then, the being managed to burst through the gates of the entrance in the tower with a kick laced with blazing mana, and with that done, it vanished with the entire structure, with darkness consuming the being in total.

 

 

 

 

Earlier, 4 centuries ago

 

Dante's p.o.v

 

 

'How long must I search? How long must I seek? Just how much will I suffer?' I thought with a stoic look on my face while working through the never-ending abyssal desert that had creatures of the limbo of different sizes and bloodlust roaming the infinite land for a way to reach the main plain of existence. 'I've been here for more than a century, and during these years, I've fought close to a thousand monsters. I cannot rest. I cannot sleep. I cannot eat. I cannot drink; I can only fight, but for how long?

I stopped for once close to the edge of a cliff while looking at the never-ending horizon in front. my body is now away from the dark mist to give way for a full view at my form, as I've aged up to 40 years for my physical form but... it seems that I can't age any further and I'm stuck this way, even knowing well that I'm more than a century old, though regardless of that, I can't feel the fatigue of old age or even anything else at this point. 'The very prospect of pain is but a foggy memory, for I've suffered the unimaginable torment... and at this very point, pain has ultimately lost it's very meaning to me.'

I still had the form attire I had from when I arrived here, but now it seems to have started to morph into a full-on black body cloak made of pure darkness that seems to cover my form almost entirely; nevertheless, underneath the cloak I lacked upper clothing, which was showing a lot of my black tattoos and so of my scars I got from fighting high-level monsters. I brought my head down a little bit to see a titanic monster walking very slowly through the vast lands, walking aimlessly with no purpose as it had a very similar appearance with that of a yoma back in my world, but in this case, the monster had a more monstrous form with multiple horns on its head and its eyes, and the whole upper region from its chest to its neck had furious purple flames rushing out from it constantly, adding more to its demonic form.

'Now I see… These monsters most likely corrupt people in the real world, so in a way, even this place of void is linked to the normal plain of existence' I pondered as everywhere flicked showing the normal world with all the monsters walking behind each and every human that moved on about their day but soon flicked back. "They're not aimlessly walking around, are they? So they're just following and waiting for the humans to give way for them to enter the real plain of existence. I see."

I closed my eyes to open it the next second with a large flaming eyeball watching me from the cliff, and then it came to my realization that the titanic yoma-like monster was now surprisingly in front of me from miles away; it managed to reach me here so fast and unsuspecting. I stared at the monster with an intense glare, as this was my first actual encounter with a beast of this magnitude, but before I could react, the monster threw its gigantic right hand at me, shattering the cliffside. I stood once before, though I managed to jump off the cliff before it could hit. Nevertheless, it opened its jaw to blast a sudden beam of dark energy at me at lightning speed. But then again, before it could reach me, I reached out my arms to summon two large daggers like a sword made of pure white mana, with chains attached to both their handles and finally connected to each of my hands. With a speed-like attack, I swung both the blades at the blast, severing through it and even beyond towards both of the arms of the monster, cutting its arms and disarming it in total as the monster released a shriek of pain.

'sigh… its all the same; I've grown to the point where I'm able to access the two other forms of mana techniques due to the no restrictions in this plane of existence. I've been able to achieve it, and now no monster so far here has been able to keep up with me. "What?" Something from afar caught my eye, and the moment my eyes set on it, a flame ignited in my heart with swirls of emotion going through my head: anger, regret, longing, sorrow, and hope. But this was interrupted by the monster that shot another blast at me, knocking me into the side of the nearby mountain. Before I could get up from the impact, I was hit with another blast, and this time the monster came face-to-face with me to launch it with even more force backing it up. I felt the close-range blast rattling my bones and decimating the mountain in the process. but regardless of this, I started to push through and get into a crouched form and strengthen my legs ready to launch forward, and with a sudden glare at the blast, I blitzed through the blast and straight at the face of the monster and going through its head, I began to make my way towards the tower at full speed, and the closer I got to the tower... I started to notice its sudden movement away from me, as if trying to avoid me, but no, I didn't stop my pursuit until I was almost at its entrance. But before I could jump forward and reach for it, it started to fade away, and before I knew it, it was gone. I came to a sudden halt, still staring at the tower that was once there with an angry look on my face.

"no…" I spoke out with disbelief before throwing my hands up into the air and bring it down to the ground in a fit of rage, creating a very large crater in the process while grinding my teeth in a fit of rage I soon started to grin, with my eyes all widening in anticipation. I rose back to my feet and started to let the dark abyssal cloak begin to surround my body. "I see so this is what your little game is about. Alright then... I'll play this game of yours. and trust me."

Before I could look up, still having my grin plastered on my face, I was already surrounded by different demons that had already launched attacks at me.

"I

.

.

.

 

WILL

.

.

.

.

 

Back to the present

 

 

"Win," Dante said while standing in front of an old man wearing a dark robe while sitting on a throne of skulls. We were both in a grand throne room with multiple pillars that ascended into the void ceiling. But something about this place wasn't right. the amount of pressure and power that I'm feeling from this place alone is one that I haven't sensed at all before… and all this power is just coming from one point—that old man on the throne of bones was the cause of it alone.

"finally… It took you long enough, Dante. I commend your strength, you know. pulling this mighty tower to a stop for a while—a feat unheard of; nevertheless, I hate waiting, and no one keeps the grim reaper waiting for so long." The old man's voice rang through the halls and rumbled through the throne room, with his eyes glowing blood red. "WELCOME DANTE… TO THE FIRST GATE OF HELL."

 

1