I will save my empire
71 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked along the halls of the palace, there were still rippling white walls, and the same red carpet laying upon the marbled floors, curtains draping over the massive windows. A light scent of dandelions lingered in the air, elevating all your stress. 

But not mine. Somehow the pain in my knee's transferred to my whole body and it felt weak, as if I were a fucking piece of paper. My limbs were giving out with every step and the bottom of my feet felt like I was dancing on needles. 

I stopped for a second and took a needed sigh. Is this what..I tried to recall the face and the name of the thing that was before, but it was all a blur. How could I not remember such a name or the face of that person? 

I couldn't help but question my sanity, thinking deeply about if that conversation even happened or was it all inside my head? Whoever she was, was right. My body did feel different. I was weaker than I usually was. 

That's coming from a person who didn't receive a spirit because I barely passed college and the Spirit ascension ceremony and in the end I destroyed it as a means of revenge. 

I leaned against the wall feeling the ripples gently jabbing at my side. Oh fuck me, this is unreal. Just by kneeling for a few seconds I was this exhausted imagination for the entrance trial. 

Wobbling back up straight, I forced myself back to my chambers trying not to look weak in front of the knights and mumbling maids passing by. 

Weakness was a thing the heirs could not show. That is until they sat upon the throne, or else they will be sorted after and ultimately come out dead in the end and there is certainly no expectation in the Arcane Sanctum. 

You don't have the will, you die. You can't take the heat, you die. You can't use your power, you die. Everything about that place is drowning in death and violence. That's why the heirs must attend and not once an heir from one of the nine empires has not died in the A.S.O.W college. 

Soon, I entered through my door going into my chambers. The balcony windows were opened and a silhouette with long honey brown hair staring out into the distance sat upon a chair. Her white flowy dress flowed from the wind and wrapped around my chair, her hair whip along the trails of the wind. 

My whole bedroom was full with the scent of dandelions. "Mother." I say with a shock look on my face. She turned around her, as they said my eyes captured the sky but my mothers, her own, was diamonds encased in her sockets. 

They shined like glass reflecting anything with light, she was truly beautiful, a woman they called Iris. She would fill the room with her dandelion sent and her eyes…her eyes were like stars so bright it might actually blind you. 

"Alora." Her soft warm voice reached my already ringing ears. She stood to her feet and rushed over a black rune showing on her chest as the transparent sleeves of her dress falls. 

She traps me in a thigh hug. "I'm sorry. "she repeated cupping my face after the thigh embrace. "I didn't want this." Her diamond eyes were overflowing with tears. 

Sorrow was visible on my face as I remembered every time I had to watch those bright eyes lose their light. Every time I had to see the pale, lifeless expression on her face as she was killed. I had to see that happen 999 times. Not once getting to see her live out her life in the same smiles she gave to everyone. 

I had to watch her and my fathers love turn into a black deep void because of the troubles I had them go through, and she is crying because I was sent to the Warfare college. I felt truly unworthy of her love, matter of fate I felt unworthy of everyone's love. 

My people, My families, My friends I killed with my own two hands because they said it was the only way. My knights who fought because of the cursed words I placed in their heads. 

I was like a plague to them and this time I will be their savior, I will be the reason why they survive to live long lives, I will be the one that carriers their burdens, I will take my role as the villain in this book of fate and wear it, like a crown, only for the people who thrust and love me. 

I will save my empire. That is the fate I have chosen for myself. The villain in the book of fate.

1