Mother of the battlefield
26 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes wandered around my room, the gold hems of the chair, nice soft white couches, a chandelier hanging from the pearl ceiling, a bed and other room essentials garnished my room to make it look like a princess is living here. My mother was right beside me as we sat on the bed bench which matches the bed behind us. 

"Mother." My voice is low. "I will be just fine, I promise, I will just spend a few years away from home and I will return." I held her hands in my staring into her sparkling eyes. 

Her loose dress shoulders fell and right on her chest was a black rune shaped like an upside down V. The mark of Alsec a spirit wielder. Her white corset was so tight it made her breast perked at the top and looked like it was about to leap out. "But you will have to join war, survive at the college, there's so many things that can happen." 

Diamond eyes filled with concern stared deep into mine. "It's ok mother, just know, I will come back home." I said in a reassuring tone. More like I had to survive. There was no decision about skipping it, all heir have to go just like the other spirit wielder and I have to go so I could meet the people I was destined to meet. 

While remembering their faces, it became a bit hazy. It's like they were blurring in my own memories. My face twisted into confusion as the memories went back to normal afterwards. I passed the thought obviously playing in my head and focused back to my mother. 

"Are you ok sweetie?" She tilted her head to the side a bit. 

Which I found kind of cute to be honest. Everything about my mother was cute and loveable, she was kind, compassionate about the stuff she loved and always stood up for the weak. Plus that was not the only thing she was good at, she was one of the top Soulbinder The highest ranking in the warfare college. However over the years her spirit was weakened in the battle of Krug and now the scent she gives off is her spirit that was permanently fused into her spirit. 

 "Yes, mother. But there is something I need before I leave in the next two days. I need you to look for a boy called "Kao'' and make sure he learns how to fight and train him so he can join the warfare college next year." I gripped onto her hand a bit harder.

She looked at me confused. "Yes." She says looking determined to follow my wish at any cost. 

"And, mother…take care of yourself and dad too. Tell him I don't hate him." I smiled. 

Her eyes widened and her lips curled into a smile. "Yes, my love." she got to her feet and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead then left, closing the door behind her. And with her that her dandelion scent disappeared and the scent of blood was still twirling in my nose and the voices of my fallen comrades were still ringing in my ears. 

"Fuck." I muttered as I laid back onto my bed behind me and covered my eyes with my arm. I need to fix things, but they all have their own timing so I have to wait and just relax. The first thing I have to do is pass that entrance trial. 

2