Chapter 29 Problem and Embarrassment
1.1k 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

.

[Liana POV]

"Well... That's the end of my story"(Echo)

After Echo told everything about what happened to him in the past I can only look down with a sorry face...

"Sorry for asking.... really..."(Liana)

"Well don't worry about it... It makes us even now, even if everyone thinks that it's stupid and she was already dead... I still believe that I will bring Aina back one day..."(Echo)

I look at Echo...

"Even if you don't know where she is or is she even..."(Liana)

I stop talking because it will make things worse, Echo has been searching for his daughter for 10 years...

With a sighed Echo then stands up and walked to me and puts his hand on my head and then he rubs it forcefully...

I was annoyed by that and look at Echo...

"Seriously don't worry... I know what you are thinking... But I can't just give up and just stay in place... I have to know what happened to her myself... I have to see it for myself if my daughter is still alive or not..."(Echo)

I don't know what face Echo is making behind his helmet but I can say that...

Maybe he is determined to find her...

Echo then looks at the door...

It was quite weird for him to do that suddenly...

"Um... Is Something wrong?"(Liana)

But Echo didn't seem to answer my question...

"Well, I think we should get going right now"(Echo)

"What do you mean?"(Liana)

I looked at Echo while wanted to know what he is talking about but then I heard sounds somewhere...

I think it came from outside...

I closed my eyes and focus my hearing...

Piupiupiupiu!

"???"(Liana)

What's that? It seems like a small sound of something...

"Seems like it started..."(Echo)

I look at Echo again...

Okay, I'm starting to want to know what is happening right now...

"Well, you know kid... I was too busy telling you about the story that I forgot to tell you..."(Echo)

Echo then aimed his gun at a window outside of the room through the open door...

And he pulled the trigger...

Tatatatatata!

Crash!

Paching!pang!pachusss!....

The bullets hit the window breaks the glass and it hit something I heard static noise I look at the window and saw...

Echo hit something outside of the window...

It was a black droid and it got hit by the bullets that Echo shoot from his gun and the droid falls to the ground below outside...

How did I not notice that?...

I can tell that it's nighttime outside but how did I not notice that droid? I swear I didn't hear anything at all...

"A stealth droid huh...."(Echo)

"A stealth droid?"(Liana)

Echo nodded then looked at me...

"It's a very dangerous droid... It's mainly used to scout and assassinate people they have a way to blend in and go invisible they also make almost to no sound when they move... They also use suppress weapons to kill... You need to be so focused to even notice them... They've been following us for a while now since we came here..."(Echo)

"How did you notice them?"(Liana)

"I'm used to dealing with them"(Echo)

"Okay...."(Liana)

I got up and took out my vector from my inventory...

I haven't tried using this...

"Oh, so you will use that now? Well I guess that's good"(Echo)

I closed my eyes to focus my hearing again...

I heard something outside this time...

I guess it's the stealth droid Echo was talking about, I really need to be focused to know where they are... Even with my skill, it's still quite hard to hear them but...

I heard a lot of sounds outside...

I also heard some growling?...

"What's going on outside?"(Liana)

"Ah... I think I know"(Echo)

I look at Echo and Echo points his hand at the scratch mark on the walls of the room...

"I bet it's because of the Panthers"(Echo)

"Panthers?"(Liana)

Wait what do you mean by that?...

"This is the claw mark of a Panther... I usually saw them at the zoo... the zoo is near this place I bet they got out from there... The reason why they come here is because of that"(Echo)

Echo the point at the moving generator...

"They are sensitive with sounds and they always run to check it out... I bet the sound of the generator lured them here"(Echo)

"Wait doesn't that mean that we're surrounded now!?"(Liana)

There are stealth droids here and now there's Panthers!?...

"Ah don't worry I can tell that the panthers are dealing with the droids there hearing is even more advanced than us and I think the droids agro them first... and about that, I know a way to get out of here so don't worry"(Echo)

I look at Echo again...

"There's an underground tunnel that leads to the subway station in the basement, we can use that to get out of here while they are busy fighting each other outside... Anyway we should get going before one of the sides finished fighting..."(Echo)

I nodded and then Echo move outside the room and I follow him...

Echo leads me to the basement as I kept hearing sounds outside the place but I ignore it and kept following Echo...

We arrived in the basement and there are a lot of shelves and boxes here and all of them are covered with cobwebs...

Echo then started to move some boxes away and I look around with my gun raised to see if anything is moving here...

"Nope... Ah it should be here..."(Echo)

Echo keeps moving boxes while I look around...

Then I heard a sound from where we came into the basement...

I aimed my gun there and there I saw...

Grrr...

A black big...

Panther...

It has a saber tooth fang and it's looking at me...

I was still aiming my gun at it...

The panther wasn't attacking me and was just looking at me.l silently...

I still kept an eye on it...

"Ah found it!"(Echo)

I heard a voice and looked behind and that was a very big mistake!...

Roar!...

The panther jumps at me with its claws up as I quickly looked back at it again...

I evaded as fast as I can to the right...

But I was a little too late the panther claws strike my left arm and scratch it...

"Agh!"(Liana)

The pain is quite strong I drop my gun in pain and covered my left arm up with my other hand as I fell to the ground...

"Ouch, ouch, that hurt..."(Liana)

Wow well, that's a strong attack never thought that a panther was this strong...

I look in front and saw the Panther...

Was right in front of me with its jaws wide open...

I was horrified and can't move my body at all as it opened its mouth, it seems like time suddenly slowed down, its jaws slowly move closer and closer towards me, I swear I think I just pee myself from seeing that I quickly closed my eyes waiting for its jaws to hit me... 

But then...

Tatatatatatatata!

Roooooaaarrr!

The panther got hit by someone's bullets and back off from me...

I opened my eyes and saw Echo running towards me with his gun aiming at the panther...

Grrrr.....

The panther looks at Echo for a couple of seconds before it slowly back off then it runs out of here from where it once came...

Echo sighed and looks at me...

Then he stops for a second because he saw something...

"Um... Did you pee yourself?"(Echo)

I look below me and...

Ah, it's wet it took me a couple of seconds before my brain started working again...

I then screamed as I noticed what just happened, I don't know if my scream made its way outside or not though...

Echo seems to be looking elsewhere and now I am panicking...

That's an embarrassment that will be reminded by me for the rest of my life...

Ahhhh! I want to dig myself a hole and jump in that hole now! But we don't have time right now...

Without delay, we move to the underground passage while I kept holding my skirt that was still wet...

.

.

.

.

35