Chapter 31 Moving Underground and A Proposal
1.1k 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

.

[Liana POV]

After getting scolded by Echo we started moving again...

But now slowly...

I don't want to experience what just happened again, I already experienced two different things now and I don't want any more coming at me!...

We moved down the ravine by climbing down...

Echo said that the entrance is below the ravine...

I looked around the place to get a better view of the place...

The ravine seems to be a close of one if I looked at it...

I look up and I can't see the sky it seems it was sealed off by rocks and other minerals above...

The place is pretty bright because of the elemental crystal sticking out everywhere...

Almost all of the crystal I saw was just small chunks compared to the one here...

The size of the crystal is massive...

If I compare the size... 

It's around the size of a bus...

And the crystal is everywhere...

It's funny that nobody found this and used it yet...

I want to know what happens if I absorbed it all...

I look at Echo...

And he looks at me...

"..."(Echo)

Echo then thinks...

By the way, we're still climbing down and just stopped to take a rest on a small open ledge at the cliff of the ravine...

"Well as I mainly want to say yes... I don't think it's a good idea..."(Echo)

I look at Echo with a why face...

"Well the reason is that it's you and..."(Echo)

Echo looks up...

Then look at me...

"I don't want anything falling under us"(Echo)

Oh...

Now that Echo mentioned it...

If I absorbed the crystals randomly there may be a little chance that it will cause a rock slide to fall under us if I'm not careful...

We're in a closed-off ravine, of course, it can happen if I'm not careful...

"Well if can... just used your skill to get rid of some crystals that might be blocking our paths"(Echo)

My lips move up forming a smile as I heard what Echo just said to me...

We then proceed to climb down the ravine slowly again...

"Oh yeah, by the way, there are bugs down there so be careful"(Echo)

I stopped climbing down from what Echo just said for a second...

There are bugs there?...

"What kind of bugs?"(Liana)

I talked to Echo that was climbing down slowly below me...

"If I remember... Mainly roaches..."(Echo)

What?...

"R-roaches?"(Liana)

"Yeap, cockroaches if you may, there the size of your hand or even bigger and some centipedes to if I remember..."(Echo)

I stopped dead in my tracks as I heard that...

I look down to the bottom...

We're already close to the bottom of the ravine...

I look up and saw that the way up is very long I think my face turned pale from what's going to happen down there...

"Hey don't tell you are scared of bugs?"(Echo)

Echo look at me, I can't tell what face he is making behind that helmet of his...

"N-no I'm not! let's hurry up and get to the bottom now!"(Liana)

I then started rushing down to the bottom while Echo looks at me and swing his head left and right before climbing down as well...

Clatak!...

Clatak!...

It took a while but we were finally at the bottom of the ravine...

It's pretty dark but the light from the crystals brightens the place up a bit...

I look around the place if I can see anything moving...

Crachik!cracik!

"!!!"(Liana)

Oh, that's a sound I always heard from somewhere...

I look at the source of the sound and saw a...

Crick!cracik!

A big cockroach...

Eating a dead big centipede...

Oh wow...

It's big...

It reminds me of a mob in a game that my little brother plays...

The one where you always saw after you wake up from a vault somewhere after getting cryo sleep in ice for so many years after a nuclear explosion happened...

I still remember that disgusting cracking sound they made every time they move...

I look at it for a while before I grabbed my Vector from my inventory and aimed my gun at it...

But then Echo put his hand on top of my gun and lowered it down...

I looked at him and he was shaking his head left and right at me...

"Better not make a sound don't want to attract to many of them"(Echo)

Echo then grabbed a knife that he had on him and then throws it at the cockroach...

Stab!

Scrrriich!

The knife hit right in the center head of the cockroach Echo then ran to it grabbed his knife out from it and started stabbing it multiple times in the face before stopping...

I can see green blood running down from his knife...

That just makes me shiver...

He then started cleaning the green blood off before putting his knife back...

He then started moving again...

I look at the dead cockroach as I followed him...

Crachik!

"Hi!"(Liana)

Its leg started moving and I ran to where Echo is without looking at it for a second time...

Along the way, we encountered some cockroaches and the other one is a giant centipede...

When I first saw them I have my jaw drop...

It's way bigger up close...

Its pincers was the size of my hand for God's sake!...

Echo agrees to use guns to kill it and I quickly aimed my vector at it and pulled the trigger...

Tatatatatatatatata!

Scrrriiichh!

By the way, I'm using flame rounds on it...

It's super effective of course!...

Only a couple of shots and it's already down to the ground! It's started moving left and right a couple of times before it stops...

Sad that I didn't level up...

We also encountered some crystals blocking the path and I happily absorb it because Echo said it's okay to do it!...

We then kept moving until we reached a cave opening...

Echo points there...

"That's the place leading to the underground train track, let's move"(Echo)

"Okay!"(Liana)

We then started moving through the cave...

The cave doesn't seem to have any light at all...

So Echo turn on his flashlight so that we can see, he also gave me a spare flashlight that he had somewhere then started moving again...

I turn on the flashlight that Echo gave me and followed Echo from behind...

The cave is pretty much just a straight line...

It's pretty quiet here...

"..."(Echo)

"..."(Liana)

Ugh...

It's getting pretty awkward between us since we're not talking at all as we kept walking...

Echo was the first one to break that mood...

"Hey kid"(Echo)

"Yes?"(Liana)

I look at Echo...

"After we get out or here what do you want to do?"(Echo)

"..."(Liana)

I never think about that...

Like I woke up in this mess-up city filled with robots that are trying to kill me and I don't know what happened to my parents here... 

I was pretty much just trying to get stronger and trying to survive till this moment...

I never really thought of anything else...

"I don't know... Maybe finding a way home if I can..."(Liana)

I look down while saying that...

Can I actually go back home I wonder? But I died there right?...

I never even know if I can even go back home...

I wonder if everyone is alright...

Is my friend okay? Is my little brother and sister doing fine without me? Is mom and dad okay after my death? So many questions that I want to know...

"..."(Echo)

Echo look at me...

"Why don't you come with me?"(Echo)

I look at Echo...

"Well... You don't have a place to stay so why not come with me? I usually always work alone and never really have that many people that I can trust besides me but if it's you... you can join me in searching for my daughter if you want?... Maybe we can even find a way for you to get back home to your parents..."(Echo)

Is it really okay?...

Can I really come with you?...

Before I could answer I saw Echo aiming his flashlight to the front and stopped...

"Well might as well think about that later..."(Echo)

What I saw in front was a hole Echo walked closer to it and aimed his flashlight down below the hole...

I also walked closer to the hole and look down what I saw were train tracks that were leading somewhere below...

Seems like we made it to the train track that Echo said...

I look at Echo and saw him jumping down to the hole...

Trub!

He safely made it down to the ground without any injury...

The height is pretty high but not too high for it to hurt someone...

Echo then looked at me and stretch his arm wide at me...

I know what he is doing and I guess I don't have a choice...

I jumped down the hole as well...

As I jumped down I landed on Echo's embrace and then he put me down on the ground...

And he started looking around the place...

I also look around as well, there are only two sides we can take anyway, the left side or the right side...

Echo grabbed his map out from his chest armor and put it on the ground...

He then traces where we are and then closed the map and puts it in his chest armor again...

He pointed to the right and then we started moving there...

I didn't manage to give him an answer to his question yet and was about to say it but it seems that he is focusing looking to the front...

I sighed and just followed him from behind without saying anything...

I guess I give him the answer when we have the time...

After walking for some time I felt the cold wind blowing in front?...

It's pretty cold I crossed my hand so that I won't feel too cold...

"... Is it the wind you feel? I'm wearing gear so I don't really feel it too much but if you feel it that means we're closed now"(Echo)

Before long we made it to the underground train station...

The place is, of course, dark without light...

Except for what I saw in the distance...

I saw light coming from the Right side of the train section...

"Ah there's our way out"(Echo)

Echo then got up from the track to the floor of the station...

He then looks back at me and opened one of his hands towards me...

I grabbed his hand and then he pulled me up from the train track to the smooth station floor...

After that, we started walking towards the light...

As we walked there we saw a stair leading straight up to the surface...

We turned off our flashlights as we don't need them anymore now...

Echo moves up the stairs first...

And then I followed him from behind...

Step!...step!...step!...

As we kept moving up the stairs the light started to get brighter and brighter... 

I put one of my hands in front of my eyes so that it will not hurt my eyes but it's still too bright...

The light is so bright that I have to close my eyes for a second as I walked out of the station...

As I walked out I can feel the wind blowing at me as the light started to fade... 

I then opened my eyes and look around...

What I saw is...

A lot of building...

All around me...

All the buildings I see are being covered by... 

Gigantic red crystals the size of the buildings themselves...

I look around again and it seems that I and Echo are in a T road section...

We're pretty much in the middle of the three-section I can see the road leading to the left, right, and in front of me...

But, amazingly, I look around the place and...

"Uwa....."(Liana)

It was a sight to be holed we're on top of a hill full of buildings all around us and in front was a straight road going downhill and in the distance there I saw three big giant pillars or skyscrapers? Yeah, skyscrapers... 

That seems like it was position in a triangle position?...

And around the skyscrapers were gigantic red crystals forming everywhere...

I saw Echo looking at me...

"I don't know what happened here, but it was said that these red crystals somehow appeared out of nowhere the second day after the droids attack the City... it's been a whole week since then... We call this place the Red Crystal City after that..."(Echo)

Woooossshhh!......

I can feel the wind blowing around the place...

A desolate place nothing to be seen anywhere... 

All around the place are abandoned buildings and scattered cars everywhere...

I can only feel the wind blowing all around the place and I can't see anybody in sight, not even a body anywhere here...

Definitely an apocalyptic place...

I look at Echo...

Echo just took out his map from his chest armor, looked at it for a second before closing it, and put it back in his chest armor again...

He then looks at the distance where the three skyscrapers were and then pointed his finger at it...

"That's our extraction point"(Echo)

Echo said that while looking at the skyscraper...

I also looked at it...

So that's where we need to go?...

I looked at Echo again but I saw that Echo seems to be looking at something in the distance...

I also follow where he was looking at and I saw smoke coming from there...

"We got to deal with that first..."(Echo)

What I saw there in the distance was a big moving vehicle...

With two big barrel turrets on the top...

The size is the size of a small building the length is the size of two buses or more...

And it was surrounded by droids everywhere if I see it...

It's pretty near to us around a couple of blocks away but that's not the problem here... 

Isn't it a little bit bigger from what I saw last time when Echo gave me that picture?...

I remember the armor vehicle Echo was talking about...

But it's quite different, now it has layers of armors and even a lot of small turrets on its back and sides I can also see that its main double-barrel turret is even bigger than in the picture...

That thing is moving slowly towards where the skyscraper is...

If we don't deal with that thing now we won't be able to get out of here...

I'm starting to get worried...

That thing may be even stronger than the ones I fight before, maybe even stronger than the spider walker I beat...

I hope it will go smoothly...

.

.

.

.

37