Chapter 19 Echo past part 2
1.1k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

.

[Echo POV]

Ruuuuuuuuuu.........!

Ruuuuuuuuuu.........!

The sirens all around the city started ringing, vehicles started moving all around the place, everyone was in a state of panic...

Broken buildings and flames were made all around the place...

I drove my car to where the police headquarters was at a fast speed, with Ania beside me in the car...

Tatatatatatatatata!

Boom!boom!boom!

Gunshots and explosions came all around us...

The road I took leads to a bridge and the bridge was full of cars blocking the way, I stop the car and I click my lips stress because the route was blocked, looking at the long bridge filled with cars and trucks I started looking around if there's another way...

then another star came flying from the sky...

"Oh God...."(Echo)

And it hit the bridge dead in the center...

And destroyed it...

Panic started while I just sat there in the car looking at the bridge falling into the water beneath with a lot of cars and people...

I then drove my car back and drive through another road while finding a way to go to the other side of the river...

Aina keeps looking at the falling bridge in the distance and then looks in front of the road...

She is not making any sound at all...

She just stayed silent...

Then she looks at me...

Her eyes started to tear up again...

"It's fine everything is fine don't worry I'm here..."(Echo)

After a couple of times on the road, I saw a small empty bridge that I can use for a crossing and use it...

And I manage to get across to the other side with nothing happening to us...

The road is full of trees all around us and it's quite hard to notice us from the sky even when the vehicle's lights are on, but I still have to be careful while also navigating the road...

Then I heard sounds from the sky above I look up from the car window and saw...

Fiuuuuuuusss!

Fiuuuuuuusss!

Tororororororororo!

Tororororororororo!

Raaw!flap!flap!flap!

Raaw!flap!flap!flap!

Jets and helicopters moving up above on the sky below us, it's the military and it's moving to the city where the giant flying ship was...

I also saw dragons and people with wings following the helicopters and jets...

Seems like the people with wings and dragons are also helping them out...

I then speed up my car and move through the road leading to where the police headquarters is...

.

.

.

.

[Third person POV]

In a big building somewhere in the distance where Echo was driving to...

The police headquarters...

Wooooooiiiiiiing!wooooooiiiiing!wooooiiiiing!

The alarm of the headquarters was ringing and a lot of people are moving out and into the building...

Almost all of them were wearing police gear with guns in their hands...

One of the police was talking on the radio...

"This is Jon...*psss* what's the status?"(Jon)

{*Psss* we're evacuating the people in the city...but there is no end to them!}(???)

"*Psss* keep at it reinforcement is coming to your location"(Jon)

{It better be...!*psss* we can't hold much longer!}(???)

Click*

Jon closes the radio and looks up in the sky...

The headquarters is quite on the chaos side right now but everything is under control for now...

The CEO is not here even the secretary of this place is not here...

He looks at all of them that already have their weapons in their hands, and some are moving in every direction...

He is at the front of the main entrance of the headquarters...

He looks at the distance where the city is...

It's early in the morning but the burning light from the city shine so bring that the sky lit up...

He looks at the big flying ship hovering at the city dropping a lot of things into the city...

He saw in the distance the army advancing to the city very quickly...

Then...

Wooooonnnggg!

He heard sounds coming from the ship that was hovering in the city...

He looks at it and saw...

"Oh God..."(Jon)

Three lights came flying here!?...

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!!!

.

.

.

.

[Echo POV]

Driving on the road for a while I manage to get to where the headquarters was, only a couple of miles away...

Boom!boom!boom!!

I heard an explosion in the distance, and it's coming from where the headquarters should be at...

I narrowed my eyes...

That's not a good sign...

I step on the accelerator while Ania looks at me from her seat...

I look at the distance headquarter that was smoking...

"I hope everything is alright there..."(Echo)

After some time I arrive at the headquarter to see...

Tatatatatatatatata!

Tatatatatatatata!

Woooooong!!

One...

No three gigantic machines destroying the headquarter...

A lot of people shooting at it with their guns but the bullets didn't do anything against it...

"Agh!"(???)

"Help me!"(???)

A lot of sounds were made there... 

I saw a couple of police officers fighting those big machines but get destroyed easily by them... 

seeing that I look at Ania closing her ears with her hands from the sound happening here...

This is bad...

I parked my car beside the headquarters and got out of the car to get a better look...

"Papa?..."(Aina)

Aina looks at me with her eyes...

I pat her in the head...

"Don't worry I'm oke I'll protect you... But stay her for a while okay?"(Echo)

Well that was what I said with my lips but I was panicking on the inside...

What to do now...

It's chaotic...

The HQ is being destroyed the city is under attack a lot of people were killed...

And I can't even do anything...

Then I heard shouting in front of the HQ...

I look there and saw some people I recognize...

"Everyone moves out! go go go go! don't break formation! Support unit help cover fire with the main unit! Other units help the wounded and get the vehicles here!"(Jon)

I see Jon commanding the place...

We're is the CEO of this place?...

Tatatatatatata!

Tatatatatatata!

The support unit is doing cover fire with the main unit fighting the giant machine but it didn't do anything...

One by one they were whipped out...

Not good...

I got back into the car and start it again I look at Ania besides being...

"Be ready things are about to get bumpy"(Echo)

"Hm..."(Ania)

She nodded and fastens her seatbelt...

And then I started driving to where Jon is...

When I got close to where Jon is and some police officers saw us, some of them aim their guns at us but Jon tells them to stand down...

I stop my car in front and got out I look at Ania...

"Stay here okay?..."(Echo)

She nodded and I move to where Jon is...

He seems happy to see me...

"It's good to see you okay, Echo"(Jon)

"Me to Jon... So what's the status of headquarter?"(Echo)

He shakes his head and looks around before looking at me again...

"Not good, our CEO is nowhere to be seen and even his secretary is not here dam... This is frustrating..."(Jon)

"Well, it's a good thing that you're a natural-born leader..."(Echo)

"That doesn't change anything because of how many of us are dying right now..."(Jon)

He then looks at me with a serious face...

"Echo I need your help"(Jon)

"And what is it?"(Echo)

"The doorway to the underground section of the headquarter is blocked, and we can't get the gate to open from the outside, can you help us opened it from the inside? I also send a group with you there to help"(Jon)

I scratch my face while looking at Jon...

"But I have my daughter in my car and..."(Echo)

"Wait...you bring Ania? Here?"(Jon)

"Well there no safer place than here from where I live..."(Echo)

"Oh yeah... Your house is in block E, are you... I remember them still fixing the evacuation shelter..."(Jon)

He then thinks and looks at the distance where the giant machine is, then he looks at me again...

"I'll protect Ania and you go open up that gate so that we can deal with the things that were happening here, we really can't do anything, without the vehicles our guns is not doing anything to it"(Jon)

I look at Jon...

"Can you protect my daughter while I go in?"(Echo)

"Well of course we're friends after all!"(Jon)

He said that with a proud face...

I narrowed my eyes on him...

"Well, you better because if you don't and if there's even a single scratch on Her"(Echo)

I smile at him and he shivers...

"Y-yes... I'll keep her safe....."(Jon)

"Okay then show me where we're going"(Echo)

" Yes I'll let someone lead you there"(Jon)

He then started yelling at someone...

While he does that I walked to my daughter that was still in the car...

"I'm going somewhere for the moment, so stay safe okay?"(Echo)

"N-no I want to be with Papa!"(Ania)

I smile at what she is trying to say, I can see her body shaking but...

I shake my head left and right and look at Ania...

"You will be with Uncle Jon okay? I promise I will come back quickly"(Echo)

She looks down and looks at me and shakes her head side to side...

"I want to be with Papa...."(Ania)

She grabs my vest with her tiny hand...

I grabbed her hand gently and pat her head...

"Don't be like that... It's dangerous to go with me and I don't want you to get hurt... And I'm strong you know? I won't be defeated easily! Remember how I beat and help someone right?"(Echo)

She looks at me silently and then nods...

I pat her head again and rub it a couple of times before I started walking to where Jon is...

There I saw Jon with someone beside him...

I move to where they are...

I hope I can finish this fast...

.

.

.

.

29