ch 2
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

,Ria stood alone in the void then like a flicker of light amidst the abyss, a brilliant, ethereal wheel materialized before her—The Wheel of Fortune.

Its radiated an otherworldly aura, its spokes adorned with unknown symbols 

"As I said before a chance "

The wheel began to spin, its rotations fluid and hypnotic. Multicolored orbs of light emerged, dancing around the wheel in a dizzying display. Each orb pulsed with its own unique hue, a tantalizing promise of the power it held.

"Now, let's play a game," a voice echoed within Ria's mind, melodic and enigmatic. "Each one of these orbs contain an...power, you must make a choice and choose one here's a hint catch the orb that resonates with your heart's desire."

Ria's gaze darted between the orbs, her mind racing as she tried to decipher their significance. She felt a pull, a connection, and her instincts guided her toward an orb that shimmered with a myriad of colors, like a kaleidoscope 

Without hesitation, she reached out, her fingers brushing against the surface of the chosen orb

"!"  surge of energy coursed through her, an overwhelming rush of sensations that bordered on ecstasy and agony. The very fabric of her being trembled

"dreamer"

She knew the name of this power it was as if her mind was expanding, her consciousness stretching to accommodate the newfound abilities. .

Just as Ria felt her strength wane and the power recede. The orb's brilliance dimmed, and Ria lowered her hand,

"...." She felt the power of dreamer coursing through her, a symphony of illusions and dreams that was now hers to command.

 

As the brilliant orbs dissipated and the wheel's glow began to fade, the void itself seemed to recede, returning Ria to the realm of reality.


(two days later)


The slave ship's belly was place filled with despair,  Ria lay in a corner,  Clad in rags, her raven-black hair matted and face smeared with dirt

a lifeless corpse.

A team of crewboy was tasked with disposing of the "dead weight" overboard

the main guard's rough voice echoed in the shadows. "Alright, you maggots, help me with this one. Gotta toss 'em over before they start stinkin' up the place."

The enslaved prisoners stirred, their shackles clinking softly. the boys  hesitated for a moment, then got to work

"Grab her legs," 

"steady don't go near their mouth it stinks like shit"

"Let's be done with this."

"Careful with that one," one boy muttered, his voice a mixture of unease and reluctance. "Something don't feel right about it."

The crewboys exchanged uneasy glances and quickened their efforts till they  felt the salty breeze grow stronger, heard the rhythmic sound of the waves crashing against the hull, the ship's railing drawing closer.

Just as Tomas leaned over the railing, poised to heave her overboard, it  lunged forward and grabbed a boy whose  eyes widened with shock and then shoved him with all her might.

He let out a yelp of surprise as he teetered on the edge, then plummeted into the dark abyss below.

The crewboys shouted in alarm, chaos erupting in the hold as they rushed to the railing, their attention diverted from the cargo. In the midst of the commotion,

"tch"Ria dragged the unconscious boy into a quite spot

the entire thing of her and Thomas falling into the sea was an illusion cast on the other boys she hastily donned Tomas's clothes, before dragging him away and throwing him overboard for real this time her heart racing as she hoped her disguise would hold.

Adrenaline surged through her veins as she staggered to her feet, stumbling out of the shadows and into the flickering lantern light. Her illusion hid the panic that churned in her chest, the fear that she might be discovered at any moment.

"Oi, where's that boy?" she shouted her eyes scanning the hold with false suspicion.

"He fell off with that girl!" one of the boys said

'Good they think that I am one of them ' Ria thought "How !?" she asked a little too loudly

"She wasn't dead she "as he explained the other crewmen gathered attracted by the commotion

After listening the other crewman grumbled and turned away, his attention drawn to the chaos at the railing. Ria's heart raced, and she shuffled awkwardly towards the exit, praying her disguise would carry her to freedom.

this was just the first step

0