Chapter 3: Food Shortage, Adrian’s Plan (3/4)
99 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

♦♦♦♦

He still remembers the day his mother died.

He was on the verge of starvation, and if it wasn't for Adrian's half loaf of bread, he might not be able to live anymore.

Adrian Alister didn't only take care of him for a year but also managed to find someone to help him bury his mother.

That's why he refused and didn't to live with his uncle, Kenny Ackerman.

He didn't need that stranger uncle, the uncle who didn't show up until his mother died of illness.

He can't abandon Adrian, and he likes him more than his uncle.

At least, he can feel the love of his family. In this extremely cruel world, Adrian is his only family, his only reliance.

It is the only warmth he can feel in this cold world.

Getting back to his room, Adrian started to make some plans for his next steps.

After all, there is a risk of running out of food soon.

The reason why Adrian could persevere until now is entirely because of some meager savings accumulated by his mother all her life.

This allowed him, a thin child, to persist in this world for a year after her death.

This year, Adrian has been extremely cautious. Every time he went out to buy food, he took a very small amount of money and did it secretly.

He didn't want others to find out that a skinny orphan still had money, or he would have been beaten to death long ago.

This is how he lived until now.

"There are only ten steel coins left."

Adrian opened the hidden compartment on the wall, and he took out a small box where he hid the money.

Here are the coins left by his mother.

One steel coin can be exchanged for a day's worth of wheat for a family of four.

So when he saw the steel coins, Adrian began to think about it.

How should I use these ten steel coins to maximize the value of my last ten steel coins?

Maybe I can start a little business?

Adrian quickly had an idea.

With power, he can do more things.

"I'll go out for a while, you stay at home and don't run around."

Adrian greeted Levi and then went out.

He has thought of a way to make money.

He needs to make some preparations for this plan.

"Wait! Big brother, take this."

Levi saw Adrian going out with a bag, so he stopped Adrian.

He placed a dagger in Adrian's hand.

The underground street is a very dangerous place, so every time Adrian goes out, he always brings a dagger.

But this time because he was too excited, he forgot.

Taking the dagger handed by Levi, Adrian quickly disappeared into the dark alley.

Although the underground street was very dark, Adrian's speed was extremely fast, as if walking on flat ground.

He has lived in the underground street for many years, and now he has long been used to this place.

Even with his eyes closed, he can confidently move through this area.

Plus his new strength.

Adrian ran faster and faster and soon arrived at the place he wanted to go.

"Oh! Where is the lower part of my shoe..?"

But he found that his shoes were broken without warning.

Speaking of which, this pair of shoes had already been repaired several times by his mother who died of illness, and it seemed that it was no accident that they were broken once again.

Adrian didn't care about the broken shoes, he just took off the shoes and walked barefoot.

The shoes were tied around his waist.

"Old man Acres, two sacks of hulled wheat."

Adrian said and stood in front of the Aix food store.

He is a regular customer of this store.

Old man Acres, the boss of this shop, can be regarded as one of the better ones among the unscrupulous businessmen in the underground street.

Although he usually likes to be short of weight, like giving 950g of wheat when asked for 1kg, the quality of his things is still much better than the other stores.

You can at least eat without dying from food poisoning.

A bald and bearded old man came out of the shop, he looked at Adrian and asked with some uncertainty:

"Boy, are you sure you want two sacks?."

"Don't talk nonsense, here are ten steel coins, two bags of hulled wheat, old rules."

Seeing no one around, Adrian put the steel coin in Akers' hand, which was already his last net worth.

Seeing that Adrian gave the money, Akers didn't ask much.

He doesn't care where Adrian's money comes from, he is just a businessman.

As long as the customer pays for it.

Soon there was a shop assistant who accompanied Adrian to carry the two bags of wheat he asked for on his shoulders and followed Adrian to deliver to where he lives.

Adrian's neighbors all know that Adrian has a distant relative named Akers, who gives Adrian some food every month.

It's just that they don't know that Adrian's distant relative is just a cover-up for Adrian to protect himself.

A child with food..... if there is no backer behind him and lives in the underground street.

Things will become too dangerous.

"Is this brat really just a kid?"

Akers watched Adrian leave, his eyes flashed.

He had never thought of plotting against Adrian's belongings from the beginning, but after seeing Kenny Ackerman appearing at Adrian's house.

His thoughts became more strengthened.

He can't afford to offend that man.

In addition, for the sake of a few dozen steel coins, he couldn't afford to take such a big risk.

Secondly, he doesn't know why, although Adrian is just a child.

But when facing Adrian, he always has the feeling that he is facing an adult.

That kind of mature look left a deep impression on him, and he dared not underestimate it.

Three days later.....

Adrian and Levi were busy in the room, and the whole living room was filled with a scorching sweet smell.

"Big brother, can you really make candy like this?"

Levi watched Adrian doing something on the ground intently.

He looked at his brother curiously, fiddling with the things in his hand.

To be honest, he has been wondering what Adrian has been doing since Adrian brought back wheat.

At first, he thought that Adrian was wasting food.

But because Adrian always brings him surprises, Levi resisted the idea of ​​stopping his big brother.

♦♦♦♦

9