Chapter 2 – Sisters
86 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for being late, was busy with school, I will aim for a Sunday schedule

8 years have passed since Glace was adopted by the Helina family. It was a nice spring day as Lily and Glace are playing hide and seek.

Lily “Where are you Glace?”

Glace tries to stay still, covering her mouth from the giggling

Lily walks towards the forest when she spots Glace hiding behind a bush, unfortunately her location was given away due to her wings and tail sticking out like a sore thumb.

Lily with her smug face sneaks behind Glace, eventually grabbing her tail. Glace responds with a cry “UUEEGG AAAAGH, Lily why did you do that, I don’t like my tail grabbed.”

Lily laughed “Because It was funny, you were there in a bush but I could see you easily because of your tail and wings, you never think of them when hiding silly.”

Glace cried “It's not fair, you don't have wings and tails!” 

Their mother called “Lily, Glace, lunch time!”, they both shouted “We’re coming!”

As they were walking back Lily tried to apologise but Glace didn't say anything, just pouting the way back not looking at her sister.

When they arrived back at the cabin, the lunch they expected wasn't there.

Their mother Leisa “Unfortunately lunch isn't finished but you two are sweaty and dirty from the playing so I want you two to take a bath or else you two get no lunch”

Lily complains “That's not fair, I'm hungry!”

Glace continues with a ”Yeah, it's not fair!”

But their mother replies “Well enjoy having no lunch then.”

Lily and Glace eventually comply and agree to take a bath.

Their mother “Oh and by the way, today we have tomato chicken pasta.”

Both girls cheared enthusiastically, for both of them it was their favourite food their mother cooks; so at least both of them have something to look forward to after the bath.

Just as Lily was taking her clothes off, Glace went over to the shower water container. Lily likes to quickly shower before taking a bath and so used her ice magic powers to make the warm water cold. 

Lily “I'm going to take a quick shower before getting in the bath.”

Glace took her clothes off and hopped into the bath, trying to contain her laughter.

Lily opened the valve, letting the cold water rush onto her body. “AAAAAAAAHHHHHEE, LILY DID YOU MAKE THE WATER ICE COLD!”

Lily couldn't contain her laughter, splashing water onto the floor laughing at her sister, “That's what you get for grabbing my tail!”

Lily angrily replied “That's not funny! MUM!”

Their mother went to the bathroom “Yeah?”

Lily “She made the shower water ice cold mum!”

Their mother was also laughing at the situation.

Lily “Mum!”

Thair mother then asked “Glace, did you make the shower water cold?”

Glace responded “Yeah..”

Their mother giggled, “You really shouldn't do that, Glace.”

Glace protested, “But she grabbed my tail earlier.”

Thair mother replied “Lily you shouldn't have done that Lily, also you two should hurry, lunch is finished soon, and I want you two to make up or no pasta.”

Both of them were sitting in the bath opposite each other not making eye contact.

Glace “I'm sorry Lily, I…”

Lily interrupted, “No I'm sorry, I knew you didn't like your tail grabbed and I did it anyways so I am the one who should apologise.”

Glace “Pink promise not to touch my tail.”

Lily “Pinky promise.”

After drying and getting changed they went to the dining room for their pasta. Sitting down, their mother gave them the food,

both devoured it and asked for seconds.

Their mother asked “Did both of you make up”

They both replied “Yeah.”

Their mother said “Your father and maid should be here soon from the market.”

The door suddenly opened with the maid carrying the shopping and their father carrying a mysterious metal container, with a happy face he came to the dining table with the container in his hands to which he plopped it onto the table.

Their father enthusiastically said to everyone “They had ice cream at the market, it's been years since I had this stuff.”

Lily got up and shouted “ICE CREAM!?”

Glace asked “What’s ice cream?”

Lily shocked “You never had ice cream before.”

Glace responded “Yeah”

Lily’s eyes glowed as she went to Glace’s face “It's the best thing EVER!”

Glace sceptical asked “Like better then mum’s pasta?”

Lily “Yes!”

Thair mother gave a hurtful but small “Ah”, “Anyways you two need to finish your food before you can have ice cream.”

Both girls devoured the pasta like it was the ends of the earth.

After the maid took the dirty plates and forks, she returned with 5 bowls, spoons and an ice cream scooper. After scooping the ice scream into the bows, she handed them to each person including herself.

Lily saw her sister enjoy ice cream, curious and a bit scared, slowly scooped some ice cream and ate it. Her eyes glowed with joy, this cold but sweet with a creamy texture was something she never had before. Just like the pasta she devoured it. “More!”

The maid gave not just her but everyone a few more scoops by the time everyone asked for even more, it was all finished.

Lily “That was amazing! Do we have any more?”

The maid replied “Unfortunately we ran out.”

The girls simultaneously “Awwww :( ”

Their father sighed, “We have all the ingredients, sugar, cream, milk ,eggs, it's just that getting ice here is hard, making ice cream expensive.” He then looked at Glace with an idea flowing in his head, lifting her in excitement “You are our ice machine here!” Glace tilted her head in confusion.

Lily asked, “What do you mean?”

Thair farther then said “Thanks to Glace we can make as much ice cream as we want without costing so much or waiting for ice supplies due to her ice abilities.”

Glace excitedly “Does that mean unlimited ice cream?!”

He responded “Yes it does!”

Lily then asked “Can we get some now!?”

Thair mother interrupted their excitement “I think that's enough ice cream for today.”

The girls again responded with disappointment.

Their father said “Don’t worry, with this revelation we will be able to make ice cream more often.”

Ice cream wasn't their father’s, Bene, only surprise, something a lot more despicable also arose.

 

Bene was walking in the market with his maid, looking for groceries and the ice cream he had heard about coming. In his corner he sees a royal knight walk past him, it wasn't any royal knight but a high one and it was he former comrade. 

“Hadrin!” Bene called

“Bene?! Oh my god, it's been years since I saw you.” replied Hadrin.

Bene excitedly “Yeah I haven't seen you since Jen’s wedding 8 years ago.”

Hadrin “I was deployed up north and so was too busy to see you.”

Bene jokely “Life as a high knight.”

Hadrin sighed “Yep”

Bene suggested “We should talk off the pavement, possibly a cafe?”

Hadrin agreed.

All three of them went to a cafe and ordered tea.

Hadrin asked “Who is the person next to you?”

Bene replied “My maid, she is helping me do shopping but the real reason I'm here is because I heard ice cream is selling here, I need to hurry as it could run out soon.”

Hadrin “Ice cream? It's been a while since I had some, anyways. So how is the wife?”

Bene “Very good, I have two daughters now, 11 and 8.”

Hadrin “That's good for you, what are their names?”

Bene  “Lily and Glace, oh I want you to keep this between us but Glace is an Ethereal Ice Dragon.” 

Hadrin got up, surprised “WHAT!?” people started to look at him, “Sorry, Ethereal Ice Dragon, hearing two living in my lifetime isn't something I expected to see in my bucket list. She could change the entirety of the war, she may be the only one to rival the Demon Emperor and the Ethereal Lava Dragon Kenka.”

Bene “Yeah I know, the amount of mana I sense from her is already more than the average mage and she is SIX!”

Hadrin “She could be the most powerful knight, no high knight. Was it Jeuta that asked you to adopt her?”

Bene responded “Yeah, it was for her safety, the DE or Fire Dragon Clans may kill her if her real identity is found.”

An awkward silence lingered for a few seconds as both drank their tea.

Bene “I have something to ask you, if she ever joins the royal knights, please be her mentor and teach her all your skills, not just that, train her harder and push her harder than most, she has potential and I want you to make sure she aims as high as she can.”

Hadrin “I'm your best mate, I'm here to help!”

Bene replied “Thanks man.”

Hadrin “No problem. I do have some bad news unfortunately, activity on the border is happening.”

Bene “Are they preparing for…”

Hadrin replied “War. There is a high chance they are going to break the ceasefire.”

Bene “Those bastards, still cold blooded murder machines in the end, you can’t reason with them.”

Hadrin “The higher ups are discussing what to do next, some want to appease the Emperor’s demands.”

Bene “Appease the demons?! That's Insane! They are like predators, in the end they just want to kill and eat humans.”

Hadrin “I know but the wackjobs in parliament think that negotiations work again but the cease fire only happened because of the major blow they took on the battle of Malma, it's not bound to work this time.”

Bene “Honestly I honestly fear for the future at times, Glace, Lily, Leisa, they could die if we don’t fight, especially Glace if she becomes a knight and dies in battle, I won’t be able to handle her funeral…”

Hadrin “It's best we don't think about it”

Bene sighed “You're right. I just hope my daughters grow up strong to handle any problems in their way.”

6