006
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Alex's pov


 Ten years ago


After leaving Oris forest, against my better judgement, I went home.


 I smiled happily as I ran up to the forty something year old man wearing what seemed to be rags.


 “Teacher, you're back. Are you going to teach me something new?!’



  I'm an orphan, I've never known my parents, and neither did I have interest in knowing them.


 Teacher adopted me from the orphanage because he saw potential in me, according to him.


 I have never called him father, and we were both okay with that.


 When I became five, he started going out a lot, sometimes he'll be gone for one month straight, he can be extremely careless as in he would teach me a whole bunch of new spells and weapon skills and totally disappear, the thought that food wasn't at home never seemed to cross his mind.


 But I was always happy when he returns, cause that means I'll learn new things, which I can now show to Silver.


 “Hmm, it's good you're back, let's go.” He took off walking and I followed with confusion “teacher, where are we going to?” 


 I questioned as my heart beat sped up again “we’re leaving Blackheart kingdom and I'm taking you on a tour around the continent, we might even enter other continents at that.”


 I stopped walking, I simply stared at him as he walked a few steps before stopping, and he turned to look at me with confusion as I said simply “I’m not going.” 


 “What?!” He asked to clarify and I simply repeated it “I’m not going, I don't want to leave Blackheart.” 


 Surprise erupted on his face as he took in my words, his head nodded slowly as a thoughtful look came on his face “it’s because of that girl, isn't it?” 


 I didn't reply, I simply stood my ground.


 “Sadly, I can't leave you here all alone, I still have much to teach you. So Alex, I apologize in advance.”


 

 I was about to run when I finally felt him manipulating mana, but I was too late, I found myself being picked up and flung into a portal.


Splash!!!


 I took in a deep breath of air as I came above the water, anger was building up in me as I stared at him on the beach, completely dry.


 I instantly got out of the water and attacked him, that didn't go as planned as he quickly restrained me and held me in his arms.


 Tears pooled at my eyes as I thought of all the pain I witness in her eyes, I didn't want to leave, but now I don't know where I am.


 “I couldn't let you stay alone and not get stronger because of friendship, when you've learned everything from me, you can go and reconcile with her.” 


 “I don't want to come, I still don't!!!.” 

“I know.”


Three years ago


 After traveling through the three continents, teacher's condition got worse, he couldn't see anything, his mana was no more, and his body was paralyzed from head to toe.


 I carry him wherever we have to go, and our last stop is the Man-Song Mountains, home to the most peaceful and powerful magic beasts.


 He wanted to spend his last days there, and also pass down his complete legacy.


 Teacher had never once told me what his background was, all I knew was that he was incredibly versatile and powerful.


 Apparently, he also choose the Man-Song Mountains to teach me his space and taming spells, the only thing he's never taught me.


 Sometimes, I wished he would die faster, I know right, that's a wicked thought. But, you can't blame me when every day since I left Blackheart, I've been tormented with the cries of Silver, in my mind , dreams and even when I'm awake, I sometimes see the battered body of Silver, crying, begging for me to come to her, that torments me!!


 Now that I'm older, it made me realize a lot of things about silver, her reluctance to always separate from me, the fear, the disgust, the weakness, the hunger and the exhaustion.


 It made me crazy that I didn't take her away sooner, I was mad at myself and hated whoever hurt her, who is still hurting her, I wanted them to pay, but I'll have to save her first. But I can't, not until he teaches me finish and dies. Even if it's against my wish to be here, even if I'd rather run all the way back to Blackheart, to get her, I'll make sure to do my duties as a student, completely inherit his legacy, bury him, only then will I be able to save and protect her, and kill those who harm her.


One day ago


 I bowed for the third time towards his grave, I had just buried him.


 My beasts were roaring in agony as I looked in a direction, a place I need to get to, a place I wish to burn as I opened up a portal, straight to Blackheart, even though the mana usage is extreme for such a distance, I didn't care, my reserves are endless anyway. “I’m coming Silver, I'm coming for you.” 

0