007
48 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 I stared in amazement at the beautiful place we ended up in. The clouds were so close to the mountains, the magic beasts flying majestically above us, the presence of mana was so amazing it felt like heaven.

 I felt myself being dropped as I sat on the fluffy grass, Alex quietly kneeled before me, I took in my surroundings a bit more before meeting her black orbs.

 They were still so transparent about her feelings, the guilt and pain she felt made me realize she'd mature, had an idea of what happened to me, or she knew. But I didn't want her to feel that way, it wasn't her fault, besides, I doubt she could have actually saved me then.

 “Stop those eyes Alex, it's not your fault.” She shook her head, still maintaining eye contact with me “yes it is, I should have returned sooner, damn it, I should have found my way back from that damned beach!” 

 The anger in her voice made me remember scenes I didn't want to recall, but I wasn't scared, I knew Alex wasn't them, she wouldn't harm me.

 “Please don't feel guilty Alex, it's really not your fault, you couldn't have saved me then anyway, we were children.” I stated the fact as it is, it didn't reduce the pain she was feeling, I on the other hand was simply happy to see Alex again, that she didn't forget about me, I think.

 “We were children, and even then they were hurting you.” Memories flashed for a second as I visibly flinched, a growl sounded from Alex as I calmed down.

 “You don't know how they hurt me, do you?” I mummer in a soft voice as I looked away from her.

 For some reason, I didn't want her to know what they did to me, how I was used, how I was treated and degraded, I didn't want her to think of me as dirty, it would kill me, even though I know I am dirty, her expressing that will end me, and I can't even die.

 “No, and I won't ask.” Her firm voice brought a smile back to my face, it was good to be smiling after ten years.

 She softly sat beside me as she crossed her legs, I gently laid my head on her shoulder, warmth and safety engulfed me, I knew that as long as she was around, she wouldn't let any harm come to me, but I was worried, she left me before, what would I do if she left again.

 “I didn't leave, teacher teleported me to another continent and made me follow him. I would have come back to you, I tried numerous times but he simply brought me back to him. It made me realize I was too weak to be alone, much less protect you, so I obediently stayed and learnt from him. This mountain was our last stop, I buried him here yesterday, and I came to find you.

So I didn't forget about you Silver, you taunt my life so much that a day doesn't go by without me thinking of you, without me worrying over you, without me getting angry at the thought that someone was bringing you unknown pain, and you not having any way to protect yourself. It killed me Silver.”

 My heart was ecstatic on the fact that she didn't forget about me, didn't abandon me, and became stronger for me. Despite the fact that it was ten years later, relief and happiness was all I currently felt.

 I was confused when she suddenly got away from me, loss envelopes me as she kneeled in front of me once again on both knees, her black orbs held determination as she held both of my hands gently in hers.

 “I got stronger for you Silver, the thought of you being harmed makes me crazy, and the thought of you being alone scares me. So, from today, I Alex, disciple of late Arthur Armani, gives you my life to use, I vow by magic to protect you, to be your sword, your shield, your magic, your words will be my mantra, your desire will be my action. So, will you, Lady Silver, accept my vow?”

 I was flabbergasted, I didn't think she would do this, I didn't want her to do this.

 To give me her life means I'm higher than her, I don't see that. I don't need that. 

 I didn't need her to be my sword, my shield or my magic, neither did I want my words to be her mantra. I didn't need her to vow herself away to me, to be my forced slave by magic. 

 Vows are taboo words in the world because it's a forced contract, a contract so rigid, if the words aren't carefully said, they'll die. And yet, here she is vowing her life, her freewill to my control. I didn't want that. 

 I simply wanted her to be beside me, to not leave me alone, to cherish me, not because her life belongs to me, but because she choose to, I don't want her vow.

 “No, I refuse.” Shock filled her features as her hands dropped to her knees in confusion.

 I softly kneeled and cupped her face, I looked deep into her black orbs as I stated “I don't want to own your life, I don't want you to be my sword, my shield or my magic. I just want you to be Alex, my protective Alex, my lovely Alex, my world. The only person that brings a smile on my face, the person I'm comfortable with. I want you beside me of your own free will, not a forced obligation due to a vow, so please Alex, don't make a vow towards me or anyone ever Alex.”

 I finished sternly as she nodded her head softly “so, you do want me here.” I nodded, still cupping her face.

 “But you don't want me to vow to you.” A smile appeared as I nodded again.

 She met my eyes as they shone with endless love and admiration, it shocked me. 

 “You do know I'll still protect, fight and kill for you right? I just thought a vow would make it official.”

 “A vow would make it too official Alex, it would make it forced, a vow would break our connection. So, you can do all those things if you wish, as long as you don't get tired of my troubles. "

 She placed her hand above mine that were still on her face, she gently caressed them and no bad memories occurred, it was impossible with me staring so deep into her eyes.

 “I wish to do them, protect you, keep you from harm, keep the smile on your face, and kill those that harmed you. I already promised myself to do them, and don't worry silver, I can't ever get tired of you, not in this life or the next.”

 I opened my mouth slightly as my heart raced wildly, I don't understand what's happening to me, so I just nodded and we got into our previous position, admiring the mountains. 

1