Chapter 4: Baby Angel
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since she recalled, she had lived on the battlefields, although other races views of elves were regal and noble, they couldn’t have been more wrong.


Elves were a barbaric race, they looted, they pillaged and they raped. It is theorized that goblins and elves were actually distant relatives of each other, their genes pointing towards them having a common ancestor.

And Sophonis was the unfortunate child born in that barbaric environment  of murdering and constant waring. Her mother, who she’s never even met was a bloodthirsty warmonger who assassinated her father while they were in bed.

Sophonis’s mother had been enraged, learning of the child conceived within her womb, the mere fact that her mother had not murdered her before she was birthed was a miracle in itself. 

The mid-wife who aided in the delivery of Sophonis, went against orders to murder her, fearing retribution from the gods. 

So she placed the child deep in the woods, believing that the monsters lurking in them would finish the dirty deed.

Of course, her story should’ve ended here but she had instead been picked up by the soft-hearted mercenary leader Urso who led a mercenary team by the name of JarKhan.

Being the adopted daughter of a mercenary leader, she was well-educated in the art of murder and other dirty business. Through her foster-parent Urso, Sophonis was also introduced to the religious group worshipping Euphid, god of wealth(greed) and love(lust).

Of course, only after many years when she had ascended to an Euphids apostle, did she realize what she joined was a cult full of fanatics and zealots when she had witnessed her father cut open a prostitute for sacrificing.

Of course, when I thought it couldn’t get any worse

Now she was kneeling in front of Orphid, the king of gods. Under the gaze of his abyss-like eyes.

While Sophonis was contemplating her next words, Orphid began to speak.

“Apostle...of.......Euphid”

He paused

Sophonis silently waited....

And waited....

And waited....

What the hell, was that all he had to say??? How am I supposed respond to that!?!!

Of course, Sophonis gave no hints to her inner thoughts, she appeared unperturbed, a perfect poker-face rested on her, as if she was adorned with a mask.

Orphid cold stare intensified, as if looking for a flaw on her mask.

“The sin....of.....your master...” he spoke 

“For....his treasonous.....actions...”

“The.....apostle....will pay......with.....her life.....”

Although the words were spoken so slowly and calmly, she could feel the imposing authority behind it. She could sense that his choice was already made, and she was powerless to attempt at altering it.

Sophonis kneeled silently, seemingly waiting for judgement, having not moved an inch.

Dammit dammit dammit!!!!!! I knew that bastard would be the death of me, I should’ve fled when I had the chance!!!!

Like before, numerous chains rose from the ground, coiled like living serpents. 

These chains however were bright crimson, as if casted in blood. They radiated a dreadful aura, as if the souls of the anguished spirits were condensed within them. 

Seeing the chains, Sophonis’s eyes widened

What the-

The chains extended towards Sophonis’s limbs, attempting to latch onto the kneeling Arch-elf.

However they shattered, an inch away from her skin.

Sophonis raised her head, staring into Orphid’s cold Abyssal eyes.

“Ha, you hypocritical bastard” she whispered

Sophonis manipulated her mana and constructed a teleportation spell around her in just seconds.

She wasn’t foolish enough to try to fight the king of gods.

This is all because of that bastard Euphid

She thought as her vision warped, or......it was supposed to.

Of course it wouldn’t be that easy

..........

A demon, the only word she could use to describe the being in front of her, tearing through the flesh of her  friends and allies alike.

She was unable to even react when he vanished and appeared in front of her, thinking he was a mage, her sword moved on sheer instinct to behead the man.

But now 

What am I doing, Why can’t I move, I have to save them, I have to help- 

WHY ARENT I MOVING!!

Zora had never felt this, her body was trembling, she couldn’t move, she couldn’t move, her limbs felt locked in place.

She could hear the children screaming and their parents trying to comfort them behind her.

As her body trembled, she worked up her courage, with her pride as the chieftain and as a warrior. She managed to shout one word.

“WITHDRAW!!”

.......

Euphid watched as the weaker humans fled from him in terror.

They finally gathered the courage to run? 

He turned back to the humans left still facing him.

1....2...3..4..5 including the leader hmm....

He was growing bored of this bunch....

He moved his gaze to the female mortal who had ordered him to stop and smiled.

Noticing that, an aged mortal with graying hair charged, his steel blade aimed to pierce his heart but Euphid stopped  the blade, pinching it between his fingers.

The mortal stepped in, releasing his grip on the sword and drew a dagger in fluid motion, this time, the blade aiming for his neck. 

“UUAAAAHHH!!”

Euphid had grabbed and crushed the mortals arm.

“Futile”

Another mortal took this opportunity stab him from behind, however, the steel shattered on contact with his fine silk robe.

Euphid turn towards the mortal who had struck him, dropping the one he was holding and smiled.

“Oh nooo, you got me” 

He gripped the mans head and crushed it, his eyeballs popping out of their sockets.

He made short work of the rest, leaving the leader for last, as he stared down on her, she shook, trembling.

“Hey, where’s the nearest town” he asked her 

She didn’t respond...

Huh, did she break or something?

Just as he was going to repeat his question, he heard a voice behind him.

“Hey, who are you”



1