Chapter 5: Apostle of light
42 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Of course, you’d think that gods would be infallible, flawless and incapable of making mistakes, however you’d be wrong. 

They've made mistakes just like humans would, they were not free from temptation or lust. Standing behind Euphid was also one of his many, many mistakes. 

Euphid internally facepalmed, hearing the voice of his son behind him. The chances of a goddess being impregnated or a god’s sperm fertilizing a egg was low, very, very low. You would have better luck finding a legendary sword on the side of the road than expecting it to happen. Gods were hardly no different from sterile, their seed supposedly useless for reproduction.

Back in the Gods Realm, Euphid had many intimate relationships with the other mythical beings inhabiting the Realm and one of those beings he made love with was an angel serving under Orphid named Sylk. Although the chances of impregnation was low, it was bound to happen given that Euphid was the god of lust. However, she had hidden the birth of his son from him, her devotion towards Orphid winning out to her affection for Euphid.

The day Euphid’s son was born, he was presented towards Orphid for him decide his fate. Orphid named that baby boy Felix and took him in as his apostle for many years, hidden from Euphid’s eye. Educating him in righteousness and matters of justice and evil, bringing him up to have strong prejudice against gods like his father.

Of course, Euphid eventually discovered he had a son and naturally demanded to see him. Orphid refused, instead, sending Felix to the world of Mortals to escape Euphids reach. This formed a rift between the two powerful gods. 

However that was many, many years ago. Felix was now an aged Demi-god who had become a huge headache for Euphid as he frequently clashed with members of Euphids religious group (cult).

Euphid sighed, he should’ve known he would soon have had to decide how to deal with Felix sooner or later. Euphid had no qualms about murdering his only son, while others would think him ruthless, he was only a logical man, as least he thought so

However, killing the apostle of another god was a dangerous and slippery road. If he was negligent, war would break out with the two at the forefront and he wasn’t confident about being on the winning end.

He silently pondered, he really had tried to limit his godly authority to avoid him but that had failed spectacularly. 

Is it because he’s my kin or has he grown so accustomed to it that he could sense it?

He had only come down to play but now he sensed an oncoming headache.

.....


Felix had been praying at the temple of light when he felt a burst of Euphids authority caused by Euphids descent. 

Due to his repeated clashes with the cult members, who carried traces of Euphids very distinct authority. Felix had gained a unique sense for the followers of Euphid. However, the previous traces were nothing compared to the radiating explosion of authority he was feeling now. 

Had Euphid chosen another apostle?  He thought

The powerful energy began to dissipate, as if it was never there. This affirmed his thought, the movement similar to the process of ascending to become an apostle of a god. Although, never would he imagine it was Euphid himself descending down to the Mortal Realm.

“Is something wrong, sir?” A beautiful nun asked him, reverence in her voice, as she noticed the small change in his expression.

“I believe Euphid has chosen a new Apostle” He answered 

“Euphid....Was his Apostle not Lady Sophonis, the Arch-Elf ?” The nun asked, puzzled.

“Hmph, she must have been purged by his holiness, Lord Orphid. A warranted end for a follower of Euphid” Felix spoke  proudly, this time, he with reverence in his voice.

The nun paused.

“Of course, Sir Felix” she bowed 

“Now that his loyal pawn has been slain, Euphid must be in disorder. If I am able to eliminate his new Apostle before he grows.” 

He clutched his sheathed blade

“I will finally rid myself of this cursed blood-line” he whispered quietly.

“....”

The nun kept her head lowered, silent, her thoughts a mystery as she watched Felix exit the temple.

.........

As he began to approach the origin of the explosion, a scene of massacre came into view. Disfigured bodies laid, strewn about, a corpse with his skull crushed, eyes out of their sockets. It was a scene of horror.

He silently prayed for the bodies as he walked past them. Felix’s gaze turned towards the culprit of this slaughter, a dark-haired youth dressed in a silk robe somehow unstained. As expected of an apostle of Euphid  Felix internally spoke. To him, Euphids followers were no different from demons and his father was the demon king.

He noticed the man was facing a girl with short auburn hair, his back  towards Felix. The girl trembled in fear and as if frozen in place, she didn’t move.

  She must be the last survivor, she’ll be scarred for life  he wordlessly mused.

His eyes shifted back to the man, first he’d question, then kill him without mercy. First-

“Who are you” Felix spoke

The man stayed still as he seemingly pondered, then, he turned.

Felix’s body began to tremble and his teeth chattered. the mans eyes were dark and murky as they seemed to penetrate his soul. 

Eyes that did not fit his youthful feature, endless wisdom and calm. Felix felt apart himself merge with the man, an unfamiliar yet familiar feeling corrupted his body. A sharp yet pleasurable something seeping into him.

The man smiled, amused at his predicament. However, Felix’s skin began to glow and his body resisted the corruption, purging the corrupted pieces of his soul.

Seeing that, the mans smile dispersed. He glared at Felix, no, he was glaring at the light Felix was emitting.

 

2