2. Waking up
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an unknown location.

"Do we have to do this?" A woman with bright eyes and a wrinkled face, resembling the lovely and gentle grandma next door, asked. However, those there were aware that this apparently elderly woman was not as simple as she seemed.

 

One of the oldest and wisest-looking men there, with a floor-length beard, said, "You know that we have no choice in this matter." His long beard and brilliant eyes, along with his long white robes, gave him an otherworldly appearance. Having said that, he cast a quick glance at the youngest woman among them.

 

 

She had a stunning face, a striking red gown, and a slender body that made her appear to be a beauty capable of toppling entire kingdoms. However, at this precise moment, her face was pale, and she appeared to be slightly shaking.

"Is there really no other way?" she questioned in a shivering voice. Even though she knew the answer, she couldn't resist asking again.

 

The wise-looking old guy said, "I'm sorry, but I've tried everything, and there really isn't any other way." His eyes were filled with guilt and hopelessness.

The elderly lady gave the man a pat on the back and gave a quick glance around, saying, "You don't have to bear this burden alone, we are all here with you."

 

The elderly guy said, "Thank you," and everyone in the room turned silent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunlight seeped in through the window, the rays illuminating the room. This spacious room has walls painted white and multiple beds arranged next to each other. There was enough room for individuals to stroll between them. These beds included people, some of whom were ill and others of whom were damaged. These people were being attended to by people rushing around the room in white coats. These folks were being directed by an elderly woman dressed in the same white coat, but with a golden star pinned to her chest. She seems to detect something at the same time and ran straight to a certain bed.

 

 

 

There was a young man lying in that bad, it looked like he was in deep sleep, but from the occasional twitching of his eyes one would know that he was about to wake up. The old women came to the side of his bed and waited patiently for the man to wake up.

 

Roy opened his eyes to see that an unknown old woman was standing looking at him with a gentle smile on her face. It confused him as to why the old women was looking at him that way. He sat up on his bed and took a look around him. The old women just waited patiently at his side allowing him to sort out his thoughts as she felt that he must be pretty confused right now.

 

 

Roy realized he was in a hospital or other type of treatment centre and pondered how he got here. He did, however, remember passing out in that weird marketplace. The elderly women simply watched, intrigued to see what he would do next as he massaged his temples with his fingers.

 

Roy was bewildered; everything was happening far too quickly for him. He was resting there in a hospital of some sort, having been in that dreadful abyss one moment and a weird market the next. Roy was going to panic, it was unavoidable. His face turned pale as he realized that he had no idea where he was or what was happening to him.

 

A hand tapped his head at that very time, and he experienced a cool, refreshing sensation that made him considerably calmer. Roy was fascinated; he hadn't felt so rejuvenated in a while. He turned to face the kind old woman who had met his eyes and patted him on the side. With a smile, she replied to him,

 

.... huh? Roy gave her a perplexed expression. Not a word of what the woman said to him made sense to him. She was conversing in a language that he had no idea about. Roy didn't know what language the woman next to him spoke, but he was at least familiar with the sounds of the many various languages he had heard before. The language the old woman spoke was something Roy couldn't recognize and hence was confused.

 

 

The elderly woman appeared to have recognized that Roy couldn't understand her based on the confused expression on his face. A worker in the room was called by her, and after she spoke to him in an unidentified language and got his nod of approval, he departed the room. The woman looked at Roy tenderly and kept her hand on his head. Roy did not reject her either because he knew it was, she who had nursed him back to consciousness.

 

After a short while, the worker returned with two bronze pendants. Roy felt strange staring at the pendants even though they didn't look particularly unusual. It felt strange to him rather than threatening, and he had no idea how to describe it. The employee handed the necklaces to the woman and hurried off to his work.

 

The woman gestured to Roy to put the pendant around his neck as well. Roy took it to heart and hung the pendant on his neck.

"Can you hear me?"

When Roy realized that the woman was not speaking, he winced and turned to glance around to see if anyone else was saying anything. Roy was a little excited because he had not understood a word that anyone else had said since he arrived. He made an attempt to listen in on a few of their talks, but was soon disappointed to discover that he was unable to grasp anything. Now that he had identified someone he could understand, he looked around eager to meet them. After observing everything, the women felt that it was quite funny that the boy before was acting in such a way.

 

"Boy, I am standing right by your side, where are you looking at?" In a lighthearted manner, asked the women.

 

Surprised Roy raised his head to meet the women's gaze. He was watching the woman as much as the woman was watching Roy, and since her lips were pressed together, he was positive the woman had not spoken. This confused him even more as he thought he had seen a lot of odd and bizarre things today. The woman saw the look on his face and knew something was amiss.

 

 

"Hey, I'm talking to you in your head. The pendants around our necks are helping us communicate with our thoughts."

 

"What?!" Roy let out a loud exclamation. Roy's loud cry caught the attention of others in the room, who turned to see what was going on.

 

"Ssh, boy, what's up with your yelling? You can communicate through your thoughts if you wish to. Simply consider what you want to say and that I should hear it." With a finger gesture, the woman told Roy to be quiet. Roy took her advice to heart and gave it a shot.

 

"Who are you? I'm not sure where I am. and how did you do that? Roy put three questions in a row.

"One question at a time, lad. Even though it's a little late for introductions, allow me to say hello. As the facility's head healer, my name is Martha Pelfrey.

"Head healer?" Roy enquired with curiosity. Even though he had an inkling of what she meant but he still asked.

"Ah! You have no idea what a healer is? Startled, Martha inquired. However, she went on before Roy could respond.

"It is a noble profession where we treat people's illness and injuries and save their lives and I am the leader of these healers that are working in this facility, that's why I am called the head healer."

 

Roy said, "So it's like a doctor."

 

"Doctor? Is this what you call a healer in your homeland?" Martha enquired with curiosity.

"Yes, they are very similar, but Martha can you tell me where I am?" With anxiety, Roy enquired.

 

"Do you not know where you are boy? Martha questioned, casting a suspicious glance at Roy.

"No, I don't." Roy responded.

 

"You are in Straihorn city of the Cilicia Kingdom". Martha responded.

 

Roy was astonished and perplexed once more. The name of the city sounded very unusual to him, and he could not recall any monarchy with the name Cilicia. Roy felt extremely baffled.

0