3. Sanctuary
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Cilia Kingdom?!

 

 Straihorn city?! "

 

Roy felt his head was spinning, countless thoughts and possibilities ran through his mind giving him a headache. Seeing his face grimacing in pain, Martha grew worried.

 

"What's wrong boy? Do you feel uncomfortable somewhere? You know what even though I have a lot of questions let's end our conversation here. Take a good long rest and we will continue our discussion later."

 

"But-- Roy tried to protest but before he could speak further Martha quickly cut him off.

 

 

"No buts, you just lay down here and try to sleep. You just woke up some time ago and your body still needs rest."

 

In that instant—

 

*Pop*

 

The chamber's entrance blew open, letting in a flurry of people wearing steel armour who soon caught everyone's attention inside the room as they marched in. They all give them a curious, half-annoyed look as they stare at them. These odd people appeared to know where Roy was already, so they moved quickly to his bed.

 

The only person in this group without a steel helmet was a middle-aged man who came up to welcome them both.

 

"Good morning, Miss Pelfrey and Sir."

 

"Good morning to you as well, Sir James. What can I do for you today? It doesn't look like you are here to treat your soldiers " Martha answered.

James was a tall, lanky man in his middle age with well-groomed brown hair and a well-groomed beard. His bright brown eyes were fixed hard on Roy and Martha, his face expressionless and icy. In a firm tone, he answered Martha.

 

"Of course, not Miss Martha. If I had wanted you to check on my soldiers, I would have scheduled a meeting with you in advance." James answered back.

"I am here today at Sir Viscount's request to accompany this young gentleman to his mansion. The Viscount wants to speak with him face-to-face." Gazing at the inattentive Roy, James uttered these words. He didn't understand what was so special about the boy that even the lord of this territory wants to meet him.

 

 

When Martha heard what James had to say, she winced. Her astonished expression was fixed on Roy. Since Martha knew the Viscount personally, she was taken aback to hear that he want to have a private meeting with Roy.

While James and Martha were talking, Roy just stared blankly. It was becoming annoying for him that he was unable to understand what they were saying. Suddenly, he saw James pull out a bronze pendant that looked familiar. It appeared as though the pendant had suddenly appeared in his palms. Roy was really perplexed as he watched James; he wanted to question James about it but was put off by James' icy stare. Roy heard a chilly voice within his thoughts as soon as he saw James put the pendant around his neck.

 

"Sir, nice to meet you. "My name is James Wulfric, and I will be your guide to the Viscount." James gave Roy a bow. Roy first appeared surprised, but he soon got over it because he has been through a similar situation with Martha.

"I am Roy Fortis. Nice to meet you too James." Roy replied in a calm voice while trying to hide the fact that he was somewhat scared of James. 

 

"Sir Fortis, before you ask any questions, I have a message from the Viscount. He told me to tell you that to put hold on your questions and meet him as soon as possible. So, Sir Fortis I urge you to get ready quickly as we will be departing to the lord's mansion soon." With his characteristically icy tone, James spoke. It seemed from his tone that he was ordering Roy to hurry up rather than making a request.

 

'What's going on?' was the look Roy gave Martha as he cast a quick glance. Martha nodded as she met his gaze. She turned to James and spoke.

 

"Sir James, if you and your soldiers could just wait outside while I take care of a few things related to Mr. Roy's discharge." After giving Martha a long look, James nodded.

 

"I believe you have to hurry up Miss Martha, it's not polite to keep the Viscount waiting." As he and his guys filed out of the room, James answered. As they left the room, the other patients gave them a stern look. Many of the patients were irritated and wanted to know what had happened, but nobody dared to inquire because everyone there was aware of James' identity.

 

"Miss Martha, you have to explain what's going on and I am not going with that man to meet some stranger I don't even know about". Roy expressed his annoyance.

"James is not a bad guy, I know he looks and speaks like that, but he is very kind especially to children, but that's not the point I know you are uncomfortable meeting the Viscount but I assure you that he is the best person in this city that can answer your questions". Martha answered in a kind tone.

 

Roy heard what Martha had to say and began to reflect. He's been perplexed and perplexed by the strange things going on around him ever since he arrived. Additionally, he was aware of the Viscount's importance and that refusing to answer his summons would not be in his best interests. Roy made up his mind quite soon.

 

"If you say so Martha, I will meet him."

Martha smiled seeing that Roy agreed to listen to her. She quickly told Roy to get ready to meet the Viscount.

 

Roy was helped out of bed by Martha. Roy realized that, while thinking of his mother, he was wearing the same clothes that he had on when he left the house. Roy felt suddenly sorry for leaving her all by herself. He had to find a way back swiftly since he wanted to see his mother again. Since he woke up, Roy has watched everything. He observed individuals speaking in an unidentified tongue and dressing strangely. He recalled the strange buildings, the odd people staring at him, the frightening thing that had happened when he had first woken up in an alley.

Roy shuddered thinking about it. The weird things surrounding him kept happening even after he woke up. The bronze pendant, James and his companions donning peculiar medieval armor. These all pointed to the fact that he was not in his hometown. He is somewhere far away but Roy was determined to get back. He felt that the guy he was going to meet will know how to get back that's why he agreed to meet him.

 

Roy was wearing a black jacket with white t-shirt inside and black jeans. He walked through the room to reach the door that was located on the other side of the room. Martha quickly followed behind him. Roy opened the door, what greeted him was a long corridor with another door at the end of it. Roy quickly made his way through the corridor while Martha was following behind him. Roy mind was somewhere else, he was anxious to get answers that's why he was hurrying through the corridor. Martha wanted to console him but didn't know what to say as she didn't know what his situation is, as such she can only stay silent and follow behind him. Soon they reached the end of the corridor where Roy took a deep breath and opened the door.

Roy was stopped in his tracks and his jaw dropped as he stared at the scene in front of him. A verdant grass that seemed to be dancing to the tune of the breeze, a grassy plain blanketed in vibrant flowers, and a setting sun that casts a golden glow over the landscape. Roy was filled with amazement at seeing the enormous archway, which was surrounded by enormous pillars, and a wooden door beneath it.

Yes, just a door with nothing else behind it Roy examined the door closely and came to the conclusion that it was just a typical wooden door. Despite the entryway, pillars, and arches appearing out of place, oddly they looked natural with the scenery surrounding them.

 

Roy was captivated with what he was seeing. It appeared as though it had been taken from a fantasy novel. Roy became aware that his anxiety had subsided and that he was finally at peace. He was shocked to see, when he glanced over his shoulder, that the structure he had just exited was a massive white dome. There was just one door and no other windows or exits. Roy thought this place's architecture was rather strange.

 

*Cough*

 

When Roy heard someone cough lightly next to him, he abruptly stopped thinking and looked in the direction of the sound, surprised to discover James and Martha standing together not far from him. He smiled at them, embarrassed, not even realizing that he had missed them, his attention occupied by the view surrounding him.

 

With a smile of her own, Martha told him not to worry. James spoke while fixing Roy's gaze.

 

"It seems your ready Sir Fortis, then we shall depart immediately." James headed for the wooden door, without even waiting for Roy to respond.

 

"Sir James, please make sure to drop him off here after the meeting with Sir Viscount." Martha spoke out hastily when she noticed James was about to leave. James pivoted, bowed down to Martha, and spoke.

"As you wish Miss Pelfrey." Martha was aware that James was referring to her by her last name, but she wasn't too bothered by it. James kept walking toward the wooden door without saying anything further. Then Martha looked up at Roy.

 

"Well then boy, what are you waiting for? Quickly follow him, and make sure to come back to the sanctuary as you're still not recovered yet."

 

"Sanctuary? "Roy looked up a term he didn't know and asked Martha what it meant

"Oh? I assume you were unaware that this location is known as a Sanctuary. James appeared to be getting bored of waiting for you, and we will talk about it again later." Martha responded to him. When Roy turned to face James, he was indeed standing in front of the door, his severe expression betraying annoyance. Roy then turned and questioned Martha as to what has been puzzling him for so long.

 

"Are we going through that door? "Roy looked at the door oddly and asked Martha. Martha gave a vague response after realizing what he was trying to say.

 

"You will know when you get there." Martha replied with a mysterious smile. Roy stared at her with a weird expression on his face but still followed her suggestion. 

Swiftly passing the pillars, he made his way to the entryway beneath the archway, where James was waiting for him. With a wave in return, Roy saw that Martha had waved at him.

 

"Let's go then Sir Fortis." James said while he turned the doorknob. Roy stared ahead, taking a deep breath to still his racing heart.

 

There was a creaking sound when the wooden door opened. Roy closed his eyes as a bright white light struck them.

 

0