Day 0 – Evelyn and Lucas (2)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun gradually descended, the bustling crowd continued on with their daily routines. Whilst time continued to flow, two individuals in a quaint café continued their dinner in peace.

Evelyn patted her stomach in satisfaction. "That was delicious. Thanks for treating me, Lucas."

Lucas smiled warmly, gesturing with his hands. "No problem at all. A gift is a gift."

Evelyn chuckled. "Let's just hope there are no hidden meanings behind your generosity."

The two friends shared a laugh in unison.

"Alright, I'll see you later in class?" Evelyn suggested.

Lucas nodded as he motioned for the waiter. "Yeah, our schedules are all over the place, so make sure you rest up before you collapse." He chuckled as the waiter approached.

With a smile, the waiter retrieved their bill. "That'll be three hundred celo, sir."

Lucas nodded, handing over a bronze card. "Charge it to my card. I don't have any cash on me."

The waiter confirmed the transaction. "Very well, sir. Converted to points, that will be six hundred points."

Lucas groaned momentarily before relenting. "I'm not treating you next time."

Evelyn could only manage a weak laugh in response.

As the two exited the café, feeling satisfied and rejuvenated, they exchanged farewells before parting ways.

Amidst the bustling streets, numerous people wearing training gear flowed in and out of shops and buildings, chatting away, or just doing their own thing.

As Evelyn started walking home, tired but satisfied, she can't help but think about everything that happened this morning, slightly distracting her a bit.

As time passed, she navigated the busy thoroughfares of people and vehicles, all interconnected by winding pathways, walking towards her home.

It was different to the old one she was used to, but she was taught that these lines had an important purpose for everyone living inside the walls.

As she walked down the more familiar path, she saw the rugged stone wall in the distance. In her vision are countless houses interconnected.

They were wooden, supported by sturdy stone engraved with blue lines glowing with small illumination, as every house in the outskirts.

It was small, but decent to fit three people living inside.

In the streets, she saw kids playing outside and running around, with adults watching over them with a smile.

Seeing the scene, she can't help but think of her parents outside the walls for a moment.

Shaking her distraction away, she stopped in front of a familiar house and opened the door.

Ignoring the meager trash on the floor, she locked the door behind her and started removing her clothes.

As the leather top and bottom fell with soft thuds, Evelyn moaned in satisfaction, stretching her body. "Ahh. Finally free of that sweaty training clothes."

Wearily going to her bedroom with a deep yawn, she glanced at her alarm clock.

[1:27 pm]

"This will do.." Evelyn muttered before collapsing on the bed, sleep arriving with no pause.

...

Lucas stopped in front of a shop, staring at the sign above.

[Luna Family's Bakery]

0