r7c1
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My body felt heavy.

Well, of couse it would, I'm dead after all.

"Eh?"

I opened my eyes—an unfamiliar ceiling?—and sat up, my head turning left and then right.

There is a window to the right, the meager sunlight barely illuminating the room.

At the front, there is a door. Wooden.

I've noticed a set of fabric hanging by the wall of the left side. Beside the bed, there is a small table. A bowl, a plate, and... Chopsticks. All of them wooden. What? Chopsticks?

Preliminary analysis: The room is pretty small. Aside from the bed, there is only enough space to fit in two men standing side by side. Cramped isn't enough to describe it.

Where am I?

My eyes are shaking by now and my heart is starting to beat faster and faster, I've noticed. This is an unfamiliar situation. I can't remember how I came to be here. I'm pretty sure I was dead.

Slowly, with my breaths staring to heave heavier, I lowered my line of sight. Small hands. Bony. White. Unfamiliar. —I've notes — NOT MINE!

My head snapped to the left. Fabric. Chinese-style garments.

Then my head snapped to the right. Window.

At the front, there is the door.

I lifted the sheets covering my lower body. Chinese style garments. Bony feet. Small. NOT MINE.

I'm having a panic attack, the colder parts of my brain concluded. It's a small part though, so much of my brain power is being now used to experience the effects it is having on my body.

My legs won't move. Why?! Move! Move! Moovee!!

No response.

Choked sobs echoed from my throat unbidden. I didn't care.

I'm fucking dead, aren't I?

It's a fact now, at this point.

The colder, more rational part of my brain noted this could be a transmigration.

Or an afterlife.

Is this hell? Or whatever happens after someone dies?

After the sunlight came through the window enough to illuminate more of the room, I noticed it must be dawn rather than dusk, the time registering only now.

In a confused swirl of thoughts, regrets, guilt, and so many more emotions, time passed.

After the illumination from thd window was enough to be bright, when I laid back down on the bed from my seated position from losing all my energy, new thoughts started swirling in my head.

This is my life now.

I... Am Xu Aiden.

0