4. Ability test
143 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kai placed the chopped-up onions and tomatoes into a new bowl. He cracked some egg into it and mulled over the feasibility of saving Hizashi.

‘The kidnapping of Hinata was something that would happen on her third birthday.’

‘I have about three years to grow before the incident takes place. Maybe I can save him.’

Three years was a long time in ninja years. A person could entirely change during the period.

Kai mixed the bowl of egg and vegetables nicely and added some green pepper and salt to it.

Stirring once more, he poured the mix onto a heated pan with oil.

Steam rose as the egg cooked.

His meal was almost complete.

‘Rather than thinking about all that. I should learn how to maximize my cheat-ability and grow stronger. Growth is more important right now.’

‘Although the ability looks nice on the outside, I have yet to explore the details.’

Kai took a bowl of rice and placed the omelette on top.

His meal was complete, and so was his plan for the immediate future.

He decided to focus on his ability and ninja training for the near future.

______

The leaf concentration practice.

It was a chakra manipulation technique taught to increase the control over the chakra.

Currently, Kai was sitting on the ground holding a leaf.

Unlike the name of the technique suggested, the leaf was not an unavoidable requirement; he could have used anything of similar weight or size, but he decided to not do that out of respect for those who created it.

‘Placing the leaf on your forehead, you send all your chakra into. It is a method of increasing your focus, at the same time controlling chakra.’

‘For the past months, I had tried controlling the chakra in my body. But ultimately, I failed due to my mind losing focus.’

‘It might have something to do with the disharmony between my soul and body. After all, I am a transmigrator.’

‘However, I think I can do it now. The leaf concentration.’

After many failures in the past, Kai didn't give up.

He wished to be a ninja, so he knew the importance of the leaf concentration practice.

Thus, without giving up, he meditated every day to improve his focus. And finally, he could regain control over his body. The disharmony he felt was beginning to diminish as time went by.

‘When one successfully performs the training exercise, the leaf will stick to the forehead while a steady flow of chakra is consumed.’

Taking the leaf, Kai placed it on the top of his forehead.

Clearing every thought, he began to sense the flow of chakra.

Chakra is an energy created by combining mental energy from the mind and physical energy from the body.

It is stored in different organs of the body and flows through the chakra pathway system.

Kai was trying to consciously control the flow of the chakra and drive it toward the chakra point on his forehead.

‘It is rather difficult.’

Although he had a minuscule amount of chakra, he found it difficult to control.

‘Concentrate, focus, calm down my heart and make it slowly rise through the chakra pathways onto the forehead.’

He chanted the steps in his mind.

This allowed Kai to finally grab hold of the chakra and pull it to the location he needed.

It was a difficult process and Kai struggled along the way.

But finally, a thin chakra flow was established with his chakra point on the forehead.

From there, the chakra began to fill into the leaf he placed on the forehead.

‘That’s it.’

Kai felt the leaf sticking to his forehead.

‘Now, I need to do it for as long as I can to improve my chakra control.’

Only by training for a long duration can a person improve.

Suddenly, a wide grin formed on Kai’s face.

An idea came to him that would make his life a lot easier.

[Automation]

Just as he thought about it, the automation tab appeared in his vision as a blue holographic screen.

The automation tab could record and replicate a task he had just done.

Which meant that, maybe he could even replicate the leaf concentration method.

‘For a cheat ability to be called a cheat ability, it should at least do that, right?’

Kai’s mind spun around cooking up devious plots one after another to best utilise the ability.

To test his theory, he began to record the leaf concentration technique on the automation tab.

Similar to before, a small animation clip of him doing the leaf concentration technique appeared in the automation tab.

‘Done.’ Kai smirked.

‘I need to think about activating it.’

Thinking about activating it was the trigger condition Kai set for using the recorded action.

And just as he thought, the chakra began to automatically flow from his body to the forehead slowly.

Even without focusing on the technique, the chakra flowed consistently.

‘I did it.’

The leaf stayed stuck to his forehead as a sign of completing the technique.

But Kai was not yet done.

Without wasting a second, he immediately stood up and raised his arms to touch the forehead. The leaf was still there.

“Ha ha ha… I am a genius.”

He proudly declared feeling the leaf still stuck to his head.

To confirm his doubts, he jumped around for a couple of minutes.

Even then, the chakra was flowing stably to the forehead and the leaf remained stuck to his forehead.

‘It's just as I expected. I can include and exclude certain actions and set conditions when recording an action in the automation window.’

‘Which means that I can record very specific tasks to be done by automation while the rest of my body is doing something else.’

It was a great success.

Kai’s conjecture was true.

Currently, his body was only mimicking the chakra flow using the automation window, not the entire action of him sitting still on the floor and placing the leaf on his head.

This allowed the other part of his body to move around even while the chakra flow was controlled through automation.

‘It's like having two brains. One can do the things I recorded while my real brain does things dynamically.’

Usually, it was difficult for academy students to perform the leaf concentration technique for a long time.

But now, with the help of the automation tab, Kai could do it until his chakra depletes.

‘My training efficiency would be greatly increased due to it. Soon, I will have absolute control over my chakra.’

The vivid feeling of controlling chakra was imprinted into him even though the automation window was the one doing the task.

This bolstered Kai’s confidence in himself.

At the same time, he began to think about what else he could automate.

 

patreon.com/sailfishnovel - extra chapters available 

15