5. Screw loose
230 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A day passed.

Kai packed his lunch and decided to head to the academy. Even in doing so, he didn’t forget to fix a leaf to his head and engage in automatic leaf concentration practice.

He was quickly adapting to the training method, thanks to his consistent use of automation.

Now, even without relying on automation, he could perform the task with relative ease.

"I need a notebook and a pencil."

Kai searched through the house to find a pencil and notebook before placing them in a newly purchased backpack and leaving his house.

It was a thirty-minute walk from his home to the academy. Kai decided to enjoy it the best he could.

After all, it was the simple things that made a life fulfilling to live.

“Ooooof.”

He took a large breath of morning air and released it outside.

“Just the air in this world is so much better.”

The untimely death and transmigration had taken a toll on his mind. But now that his very own cheat ability had manifested, he could rest easy and take it slow.

Nothing major that could threaten his life would happen in the next one or two years. It meant that he was free to do whatever he wanted.

‘Studying to be a ninja won’t be difficult. If even Naruto can graduate from the academy, I think I too can.’

“Take it slow and steady.”

“Breath in.”

“Breath out.”

Kai slowed his pace even more.

It took him a while to reach the academy.

This time, he noticed a building standing right next to the academy.

The almost cylindrical building had the symbol of Fire Nation displayed in the front.

‘The Hokage building. The administrative building where the Hokage lives.’

‘Damn!’

A chill went down Kai’s spine just looking at it.

Last time, he was busy and paid no attention to the building. Joining the academy was more important than gazing at it.

But now, he could see it in its full glory.

‘The things the people inside had done.’

Kai felt nauseous thinking about it.

The real reason for his disgust was the people residing in the building, not the building itself.

‘Some in the name of peace, while the rest in the name of power. The PP combination of the leaf.’

The faces of the third Hokage and Danzo flashed in Kai’s mind.

‘I better stay far away from it if I want a peaceful life.’ He told himself.

*Sigh*

‘Only if Minato didn’t die.’

Kai let out a sigh unknowingly.

“Sigh…”

At the same time, he heard someone else sighing from his side.

While turning to look, Kai was met with the childish but handsome face of Itachi.

‘Why is this kid sighing while looking at the Hokage mansion?’ A question popped into Kai’s mind. Kai was amused.

Itachi’s eyes were set on the Hokage monument behind the academy when he sighed.

‘It’s impossible to guess what he is thinking. So, don’t even bother.’ Kai concluded.

Just as Kai was looking at him, Itachi was also observing him.

“You have a leaf stuck to your forehead.” Itachi initiated the conversation.

Kai never expected Itachi to speak first. He was a little taken aback by the question.

‘The emo kid is talking to me.’

But he still maintained his calm poker face and replied.

“I know.”

“Leaf concentration?”

“Yes.”

Kai was amazed. Itachi knew exactly what he was doing.

After hearing Kai’s reply, Itachi nodded his head and calmly walked to the academy.

Although he looked calm on the outside, in his mind, he was quite interested in what Kai was doing. He was also thinking about increasing his training time, to become more diligent, to become a better ninja.

Even a civilian ninja was trying his best to train, so, he should also work harder, right? That was his reasoning.

Kai waited a little and followed him into the academy building.

Currently, Kai was sitting in a classroom. The leaf he had on the forehead was taken down. He was carefully listening to what Kenji, their homeroom teacher, was saying.

“Today, we will begin our classes. From morning to noon, there will be one period of math and language each.”

“From noon to evening, you will train in basic chakra control and combat.”

“Do you understand?”

“Yes.” The children replied.

“I am your math teacher. So, let's begin the class.” Kenji spoke and began to write something on the large blackboard behind him.

Kai glanced at what was being written and realised that his ninja academy days would be better than he imagined.

Kenji was beginning the class with simple addition and subtraction.

Those were things he could do in his sleep.

As an adult, it would be embarrassing if he couldn't.

So, there was no need for him to concentrate on the lessons.

‘On one hand, it is good that I know everything. On the other hand, this period will be damn boring.’

‘I should do something else.’

*Yawn*

Unknowingly, Kai yawned. He quickly covered his mouth to prevent anyone from noticing it.

However, two pairs of eyes focused on him instantly.

One was Itachi, the other was the homeroom teacher, Kenji.

Itachi looked at him a little shocked. In Itachi’s mind, Kai was a diligent person who trained in the leaf concentration method even while walking to the academy.

He was a hardworking student.

He was shocked to see a hardworking student like that yawning in the class, early in the morning.

Meanwhile, Kenji thought Kai was a slacker. A kid who didn't intend to learn anything and just came to the academy thinking it was easy to become a ninja.

Both were a little disappointed in Kai.

*Yawn*

Kai yawned again, deepening their disappointment.

‘Each period would last two hours. Should I continue leaf concentration practice?’

‘No, I can't put something on my forehead in the middle of the class.’

Then, an idea struck Kai.

‘Why should I put it on my forehead? Maybe a chakra point in the palm or leg would do.’

If he used automation like that, wouldn't he solve the problem of someone noticing him?

‘I think I am a genius.’

‘Not just a genius, A super genius.’

‘ke ke ke ke…’

After yawning multiple times, he was now grinning like a madman.

Kenji and Itachi noticed this and almost thought Kai had a screw loose.

16