Ch. 10 – Trying (and Failing) in the Dungeon
654 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trying (and Failing) in the Dungeon

 

The next day, the three of them went to get their Dungeon pass, then headed over to the closest Dungeon, was just outside the northern part of the city.

When they got close, they saw there was a lot of stalls lining the road, selling potions, gear, and other supplies.

Plune poked Sean as they walked by, and pointed to a specific stall that seemed to be selling stones. “Master, we should get one of these.”

Sean raised an eyebrow. “What is it?”

“Warp stones. You can use them to teleport out of the Dungeon. You can also get stones to teleport to specific floors, but those can be expensive.”

Sean nodded. “That's convenient.” The ones for just leaving the Dungeon weren't too expensive, so he bought a few of them to be safe.

“Do we need anything else? Like a lantern?” Sean asked.

“I don't think so, it's supposed to be lit inside. We would need some camping supplies if we planned to stay more than a day, but I don't think we will for a while. Plus, Master already has those,” she said, with a sly smile.

Sean blushed, thinking of the time they'd spent in his tent.

Ribi seemed a bit confused at their reactions.

 

They bought a couple snacks to eat, then headed inside. Plune was correct about it being lit, there seemed to be some sort of ambient light that came from nowhere but kept the hallways at a medium light level.

There was a sign saying '1' ahead of them on the stone wall. I guess that might be helpful further down, assuming each floor is numbered. They saw a few other groups milling about, so they started walking to the left, going straight ahead without taking turns.

“This is...kinda boring,” Sean said.

Plune shook her head, “I can smell monsters, they're probably just aren't many close to the entrance, since Adventurer's would run into them quickly.”

Sure enough, after a couple minutes more walking, Plune alerted them that something was ahead. It was...a goblin.

“We went into the Dungeon just to run into more goblins?” Sean sighed. Ribi was already running up to smack it.

Plune pulled out her dagger, “No, there's more.” Behind the goblin was probably a dozen more. Three of them, however, were riding these (human-)knee-height birds, that looked to Sean like chickens. Except, chickens normally didn't have fanged beaks with spittle coming out as they cawed at them.

Plune rushed forward, throwing a couple daggers before pulling out another to slash at the nearest one. Ribi was going wild, swinging her hammer with abandon as goblins rushed her, each one getting crumpled from a single blow.

Sean realized at that moment he should stop watching and fight too. He cast several Fire Bolt's over their heads, landing into the group, including hitting one of the chicken-riders (as he was dubbing them in his head).

Suddenly, the other two chicken-riders jumped over Plune and Ribi, and charged at Sean. He quickly cast Fire Bolt, but only hit one, and the other one charged and hit Sean square in the stomach with his spear.

“Sean!” Ribi and Plune both cried. Plune ran back quickly and fought off the chicken-rider before putting a hand behind Sean.

Sean felt an extreme pain coming from his stomach. Dammit...that hurts...did I get stabbed? He could see blood coming out, but was distracted by Plune above him, face full of worry. Behind her was a chicken-riders, and Sean held up a hand and hit it with a Dark Blast. Plune looked back, then seeing the chicken-rider was going down, she stuffed a hand in her bag and grabbed a green potion.

Sean went to grab it, but Plune uncorked and poured it down his throat, almost causing him to cough. He grabbed her arm, “Thanks Plune.”

Plune smiled and teared up a bit, hugging Sean. Sean hugged her back.

“I could use some help!” Ribi shouted.

They looked over, and five goblins had surrounded Ribi, staying out of her range as she swung her hammer around to try and hit them.

Plune ran over and stabbed one, while Sean hit two with a Fire Bolt each. This opened up Ribi to finish off the other two.

After they were all defeated, Ribi fell over on her butt, panting for breath.

Sean came over to pat her head, “Thanks for covering for me.”

Ribi looked up at him, pouting with tears in her eyes. “Sean!” she cried, tackling him to the ground.

Plune came over, sticking her finger in the hole in his armor. His wound had healed, but the armor was comprimised. “I think we need to call it a day.”

Sean shook his head, “No, I'm fine.”

Plune looked at Ribi, who shrugged, so Plune nodded.

 

The three of them then continued on, before running into another group of goblins again, this one with five chicken-riders.

Sean was ready this time, trying to target them before they could charge. However, he only got two of them before they jumped over Plune and Ribi again. They both noticed but were too distracted fighting the other goblins that they couldn't stop them.

Sean hit one with a Dark Blast before diving onto the ground to avoid the other chicken-riders. Luckily, this worked, however he started getting clawed by one of the chickens. The goblin on it tried to stab him, but he rolled out of the way, casting a Lightning Bolt into the chicken to shock it.

At this point, Plune and Ribi had finished off most the other goblins, and Ribi came over, swinging wildly over Sean to take out the others.

After a few second, the rest of them had been taken out, and Plune and Ribi were leaning over Sean He was okay, besides his armor being a bit more torn up from the chicken now.

“Okay, maybe we should call it a day...”

 

Since they weren't that far from the entrance, they saved their Warp Stones and Plune led them back to the entrance.

They walked back in silence, stopping at the armorer.

“Haha, did a number to ya? Well, that leather armor isn't gonna stop a spear coming that fast. Do you wanna upgrade?” the armorer asked.

“Err, I can't really afford that right now...” he said, handing his armor over.

The armorer nodded. “Alright, I'll fix this up for ya, come back tomorrow.”

They left it with him, and then silently walked back to the inn. Despite it only being not even midday, they sat down to eat out of habit.

The wolfgirl who normally took their orders gave them an inquisitive look. “You all are back sooner than normal. You get a big haul?”

Sean looked at her, then shook her head. I guess we did still get a few stones from the goblins and chickens. “Yeah, just called it a bit early...”

The wolfgirl smiled while Plune and Ribi looked at each other.

After ordering some stew, they sat in silence, again.

Plune, deciding to try and cheer him up, smiled and said, “It's okay Master, we'll do better tomorrow.”

Ribi looked at her nervously, “I'm worried about Sean, though. I don't want him getting hurt.”

Plune shook her head, “I don't either, but we need more experience.”

Sean sighed, “Maybe becoming a Mage wasn't a good idea...”

Plune and Ribi both shook their heads.

“No, it's fine, Master,” Ribi said.

“Isn't that what you wanted to do?” Plune asked.

Sean didn't know what to say, as the wolfgirl slid their ales onto the table.

Ribi took several drinks, then slapped the table with her mug. “Master!”

Sean was shaken out of his thoughts, looking at her.

“I want the normal Master who charges at goblins and always tells me how cute I am! And wants to buy me more lingerie,” she added with a blush.

Sean went red from embarrassment. I'm being stupid. I can't just get down if something bad happens. He tried to put on a smile and nodded. “Sorry.”

Plune and Ribi both smiled back. “We just need to figure out how to counter those.”

Sean nodded, “Yeah, those chicken-riders are annoying.”

Ribi took another gulp of ale, then said, “We need a taller member.”

“Taller?” Plune and Sean said in unison.

“Yeah, so they can stop those...chicken-riders from jumping at Sean. Plune and I are too short.”

Sean nodded, “That makes sense.”

Plune had a nervous smile, “You want another member already?”

Sean nodded, “I was thinking about it the other day.”

Plune seemed to squirm a bit, then nodded. “If that's what Master desires. Should we get a Defender?”

“Defender?”

Ribi nodded, “Defenders have even higher defense and HP than Berserkers like me. They just have lower attack, although they can still fight.”

Sean nodded. “I was thinking maybe an Elf.”

Now Ribi and Plune looked at each other.

“What? They seem really pretty, but I'm not going to ignore you-”

Ribi blushed and shook her head. “It's not that, Master. It's just...elf slaves are really expensive.”

Plune nodded. “Yes. It's not like other races where you can get cheap ones. Even a sick, weak elf will cost like....a gold.”

Sean blinked. “Oh...okay then.”

Ribi shook her head. “It's okay, if Master wants an elf we can get one later. We should get someone else first.”

Sean nodded. “I'll go cash in our stones from today, and we can go tomorrow.”

 

He then split off as the other two went to their room. While they'd only done the two fights, they had still made a decent amount from all the goblins and big chickens, and they had a bit over two silver now. Hopefully we have enough after getting my armor repaired.

 

Sean went back to the inn, his mind considering the Dungeon and their conversation earlier. He was surprised when he was attacked as soon as he entered his room.

“Master, please cheer up!” Ribi said, as she hugged him tightly after tackling him.

Sean was confused, lying halfway in the hall, barely able to breathe after the wind had been knocked out of him.

Plune, red in the face, pulled them both into the room. “Ribi, we were supposed to pose for him not assault him!”

A couple people in the hall looked at them funny, but Plune quickly closed the door.

Sean finally got Ribi off him.

“We put on our lingerie to cheer you up, since you seemed down earlier,” Plune explained.

Sean shook his head, “You don't need to do that...”

Ribi shook her head, “If Sean is sad, we'll be sad too!”

Plune blushed and nodded in agreement.

Sean looked at both of them, then hugged them tightly. “I'll try and keep my spirits up.”

While Sean was hugging them, Plune and Ribi started rubbing up against him. “Sean...” Plune said, kissing him.

Ribi pulled down his pants, grabbing his member and starting to lick it.

Sean blushed, “Let me wash first...”

Plune looked at Ribi and they both nodded. They quickly undressed Sean and pushed him into the tub, they they started scrubbing Sean vigorously.

“This is nice,” Sean said, as Plune dumped some water over his head.

Plune and Ribi then took off their lingerie tops, and began scrubbing his arms with their breasts.

“I dunno how effective that is...” Sean said, chuckling.

Plune looked at his member, “It looks very effective.”

Sean blushed, “I meant-”

He was interrupted as Ribi jumped into the tub with a splash, sliding herself onto his member. “Sean...” she cooed and started moving herself up and down as she made out with him.

Sean got over his surprise and grabbed her sides, moving her up and down faster. After just a minute, he came into her, Ribi leaning back and moaning with a loud 'pyoooo'. After he finished, she laid her head on his shoulder.

Plune poked Sean's cheek, pulling it around so she could kiss him some more. “Sean...” she said.

Ribi got off and slid back in the tub, trying to regain her breath. Sean got out, sitting on the side of the tub as Plune sat backwards on his lap. He grabbed her breasts from behind, squeezing and rotating them, making Plune give a soft 'nyyaaaa' in pleasure.

Sean's shaft was erect again, and he stuck it in her, holding onto her as he pushed her up and down. Plune rotated her head around to kiss him again, but Sean was hitting into her so hard they could barely keep their lips together. Eventually he went even faster and held her tightly to him, emptying into her with several spurts.

As they sat their catching their breath, Ribi swam over behind him, rubbing against his back and kissing his neck. “Sean...”

 

Sean went one more time with each of them, until he was so tired, he fell over on the bed exhausted, barely awake.

Ribi and Plune curled up next to him.

“Are you feeling better?” Plune whispered in his ear.

“How could I not be?” Sean answered, kissing her softly on the lips.

Plune blushed and kissed him back.

“No fair, I want a goodnight kiss too!” Ribi leaned over and held out her lips.

Plune giggled as Sean turned and kissed Ribi too, who made it more passionate than Plune had.

After he pried Ribi from him, both of them wrapped their arms around him, and they fell asleep.

31