12-2 The Start of the tournament
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“A WHAT?”

 

“Um, she said she was an Archangel” I say in response to being yelled at.

 

Chloe then looked at me exasperated. “None, that was a rhetorical question. I heard what you said. But really an archangel?”

 

“Yeah, her name is Uriel. She seems nice. There's something i need to do with her but that can wait a little, I think.”

 

“None, I don’t think you understand. An archangel is one of the most powerful things in existence. Did you not listen to the story at the church?” Chloe asks.

 

I stared at her in embarrassment, not wanting to bring up that I really didn’t care what the archbishop was saying. “Yeah, I got everything. Definitely didn’t stop listening for most of that story.”

 

“So you didn’t hear all of it. Well to fill you in, the god of this world, Cardinal himself, claims that he was once an archangel for another god, before he ascended to becoming our god. That means that your summon is most likely somewhere in the highest ranks of power, not just for mortals, but gods as well.”

 

“Pff, None can become much stronger than even the god I once served,” Uriel says into my head again.

 

“Is that voice…” Chloe seems to also hear it

 

“Yep. Hello, this is the voice of the archangel Uriel. I'm using telepathy to talk to you directly since I can't really undo the magic hiding me right now.” She said in a cheery voice.

 

“Why can’t you undo the magic?” Chloe asked, confused about that.

 

“Oh, I'm naked right now.” Uriel answered without hesitation.

 

When she heard this Chloe’s face darkened. “None, does that mean that you saw this girl naked?”. The way she said this was very scary. The amount of magic that normal came off her surged when she asked, like she was preparing for an attack.

 

“Yes, but it wasn’t my choice and I didn't look.” I said quickly to try not to make her more mad. It did not seem to work. She precedes to both yell and slap me while calling me a jerk. After a few more hits and name calling she calms down.

 

“Are you done hitting him?” Uriel chimes in.

 

“Yep” Chloe says, with a new smile on her face.

 

After this Chloe and I headed towards the tournament to watch Tess. The tournament was being held in a massive colosseum. There are supposed to be 16 participants who were all chosen for various reasons, like a captain of the guards or rank 1 or 2 adventurers. Turns out the hero himself is also going to be there.

 

When we get there Chloe is waved down by a guard at the front and is told that she is supposed to go watch in the personal box with the rest of the royal family. She says she is sorry but we would talk more later.

 

A few minutes later I myself am given a note from Amelia, saying that she was also invited up there by the king and that we would also talk later.

 

“Wow, so one friend is participating, and both others have to watch from somewhere else. So it's just you and me then.” Uriel says.

 

“Yep” I say, and make my way into the colosseum and find a place to sit close enough to see the fights.

 

(Abby POV)

 

This day has been longer than any other in my life. After seeing him in the crowed yesterday, my mind has been on him constantly.

 

The three of us are currently staying at the castle with the king, queen, crown princes, her husband and the second princes. The third princess had some business to deal with today so she stayed somewhere else last night. She will be sitting with us today when she gets here.

 

The box we are sitting in is for the royal family. The people here are the king, queen, Oliva, some duke's sister named Amelia, and myself. The crown and second princess have business to deal with today, the crown with her husband, and the second has something to do with her job. The only person from the royal family that deals with politics is the crown princess, the next queen. The other two have their own things they do.

 

Arthur is participating in this tournament to show off how strong he has become. I was wondering if they were going to rig it for him. While i was wondering this the door opened and in came a girl about my age with silver hair. She was clearly beautiful but her clothes were very casual.

 

“Chloe” the girl, Amelia, says as she comes in. This girl must be the third princess.

 

“Amelia, what are you doing here?” She asked her.

 

“Your dad invited me while I was talking to Tess before the tournament.” Amelia answered.

 

“So, you don’t see a problem with Tess participating in a tournament, and both of us being in here?” the princess said, like she was trying to spell something out for her.

 

After about a second what the princess was telling Amelia seemed to make sense to her, “Crap. What are the chances he is going to be fine? I mean it's not when we first met him. He’s gone on trips without us. He’s been alone since then. He should be fine”

 

“I would agree but things changed today, and i don’t know what can happen now” She says in response.

 

“What happened today?” Amelia responds.

 

“Who are you guys talking about?” Olivia says, interrupting their conversation before the princess could answer.

 

Both of them look in our direction, and I glance back at them as well, wondering why Oliva even cares what they are talking about.

 

“Oh, you two must be the others from the hero’s party. I'm the third princess Chloe von Analight. It's a pleasure to meet you.”

 

“It's our pleasure princess.” I say in response.

 

“Oh, you can just call me Chloe. I don’t really care about the princess title.”

 

“I'm Abby. This is my sister Oliva. We came to this world with the hero Arthur. You can just use our names as well.” I say in response.

 

“So who are you talking about?” Oliva asked again.

 

“Oh, we have a friend that we were going to watch the tournament with, but now he is watching it alone” Amelia tells us.

 

“Why do you sound so worried about him watching alone?” Oliva askes, keeping the conversation going. Since we came to this world she didn’t really talk to anyone besides Arthur. This is finally a good chance for her to make some new friends.

 

“He is kind of…” Chloe starts but never finishes.

 

“Depressed. Emotional weak. Fully dependent on us.” Amelia finishes. “The thing is that he kind of doesn’t have any memories from before about 4 months.”

 

“And because of that you don’t think he can handle being left alone for a few hours?” I ask this time, now curious about this person.

 

“That's another thing. We never talked about this with him, but he clearly doesn’t like crowds. He always prefers to be in more secluded places.” Chloe tells us. The more they talk the more I'm reminded of him.

 

“So you don’t want to leave him alone, and you don’t think he would even enjoy being here in the first place. Then why even come?” Olivia asks.

 

“Another one of our friends is participating in the tournament and she would kill us if we did something else without her.” Amelia tells us.

 

“Can I ask a more personal question?” Olivia asked them.

 

“Go ahead” They both respond.

 

“Do you love him?”

0