12-4 First Round Part 2
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Arthur POV)

 

It’s been a little over a year since I was summoned to this world as a hero. At that time I realized that I was made for this. Based on what the church has told me that this is the truth. I was destined to be this Hero of Ages.

 

The people in the church do whatever I say. I've made friends with several royals from different countries. I’ve been taught by some of the greatest masters of the sword and magic ever.

 

Whatever I want, I can have.

 

And it's only a matter of time before Abby sees me the same way that everyone else does.

 

Currently the three of us are in the Cardon Kingdom for a festival in my honor. Right now I'm waiting for a fight in a tournament. My first fight is against some adventurer named Hurk. From what the church has told me, most adventurers don’t stand a chance against me.

 

My fight is going to be the last for the first round, so I have to wait here the whole time. I want to spend this time elsewhere, but my job as a hero has responsibilities and this tournament is one of them right now.

 

A battle between some adventurer and vice captain of some knight order was happening right now. After this there are three more battles between mine.

 

The room where all the remaining combatants are waiting has some of the staff from the church for me. The others have a friend or something in here.

 

All except one. The elf adventurer named Tess. She has this really interesting hair. It's black with purple parts. One thing I learned after being summoned is that the hair color here can vary wildly compared to what I saw on earth.

 

Her hair existed in pure contrast to what I had always envisioned for elves. Elves in my eyes always had bright hair like blond, but here’s is some of the darkest I had ever seen, really only topped by my mothers hair.

 

She just speed blitzed her opponent.

 

Personally I think I should go talk to her. She would be the first elf I get to meet. She is also powerful. She would make a good addition to my party.

 

When I was about to get up to talk to her, someone walked into the room.

 

They were a younger person, from the look of it they were 20ish. At first sight I couldn't tell if they were a boy or a girl. But something about them looked familiar.

 

Then it hit me. I had a younger brother. He was 4 years younger than me. In all honesty, he was the complete opposite of me. Everywhere I was good, he was bad. He was basically a complete failure of a person. The only friend he had through all of his school only did it because of me, and after they left school. I don't think she even talked to him again.

 

The only person who even cared to talk to him anymore was Abby. And she only did it because she is that nice. He was the only other person around when we got summoned, but I always assumed that he didn’t come with.

 

“Riley” I called over to him.

 

But I don't get a response. I can’t believe it. He only had anything because of me and he didn’t even give me the dignity of a response. If it wasn’t for me he would have had no friends. He would have been all alone. I know that for a fact.

 

He walked over to the elf girl and started talking to her. They seemed close. Deciding to figure out what was going on, I walked over to them.

 

“Excuse me” I say to them.

 

“Yes” the elf girl says back to me.

 

“I just wanted to congratulate you on your win, Miss?”

 

“Tess, Mr Hero. My name is Tess.”

 

“Well you fought very well out there. It was quite impressive.”

 

Before she could answer, he responded first by laughing. Why the hell is this idiot laughing? He probably didn’t even see what was going on. To be able to end that fight so fast is nothing short of superhuman. Not even I could follow it.

 

“Do you have a comment about the fight?” I decided to ask him.

 

“What Tess did was impressive, but her enemy wasn’t good enough to even have her try yet. That's it.” He says to me.

 

 “So what? Do you think that she’ll get a chance to show off her real power during this tournament, Mr.?”

 

“None, and maybe. I've never seen what Tess can really do so i have no way of knowing.”

 

“Your name is None? Have you ever had another name?”

 

When I asked my question, he looked down at the ground and smiled before responding. “Yep, my only name ever is None.”

 

(Abby POV)

 

Soon after the conversation about the princess and her friends' love life. The tournament began. The first round showed off some impressive magic from one of the knight captains. When that one was over not that many people had anything to say, except praise towards the winner.

 

The second match was just a comedy show. The spearman adventure spent a minute trash talking both his opponent and the knight orders, only to be instantly crushed in the fight. The man who did was the captain of the knight order that works directly for the king. He spent a few minutes between the matches boasting about his knight. The knight was very impressive, if not a little gaudy.

 

The third match was the first truly interesting one. The people participating were an assassin type adventurer and the only rank 1 adventurer currently in this country. The fight didn’t even last a second. The rank 1 stated the fight moving faster than anyone in the box could follow. She hit the girl and she went flying. The whole stadium was quiet afterward, until the cheers started from one person. The weird thing was that she waved towards someone in the stands.

 

“Ha, Tess didn’t even try to hold back here did she?” Chloe said. Tess was the name of the adventurer that had just won.

 

“Do you know that woman Chloe?” I decided to ask.

 

“She is a friend of mine. She is the third person that we mentioned earlier.”

 

“And you think that she overdid it during this fight.”

 

“From how powerful I believe she is, she could have done worse. But you saw that. Almost no one could follow her movements.” She said this with a small laugh.

 

“So, do you think she is going to win?” Olivia chimed in.

 

“I do. And let me guess. You think your hero is going to win.” Chloe responds to her.

 

“Yes. I do.” Olivia says to her. Both Amelia and I stay out of there confrontation.

 

“Well, why don’t we make it interesting?” The king steps in. “My head guard and both of my siblings are participating in this tournament as well. So why not place a bet on it. We know that miss Olivia believes that the hero of ages is going to win, and my dear daughter believes that the azure beheading princess is going to win. I will bet on Trumhere. Any other bets?”

 

“What do you mean both of your siblings?” Amelia askes the king.

 

“Didn’t you know? Both of the royal knights' orders got that title for being created by royals. My sister Bianca is the leader of the white knights and my brother Obsidian is the leader of the black knights. So do you have a bet, Miss Amelia?”

 

“Nope, I also believe that Tess is going to win.” she responds to the king.

 

“What about you, Abby?” Oliva asks me directly.

 

“I don’t know. I think that I need to see everyone fight before making my guess” I say. In truth I hope someone beats Arthur. He needs to learn to take this seriously and I don’t think he is right now.

 

Olivia just scoffs at my answer and goes back to watching the tournament. The next match is about to start. This one is the white knights vice captain vs. a ranger adventurer. This fight is the first one that seems at all fair. The ranger has an advantage at first but the knight eventually closes the distance and is able to beat him in close quarter combat.

 

“Well that was an interesting fight.” That was the only thing said in the room after it. The fight was the first even slightly fair, but that didn’t make it exciting.

 

The next match was the vice captain of the black knights vs the tank adventurer. This fight, just like the last, was more fair, but the winner was clear from early on. Ebonie won by using her speed to get behind Fredrick, and hit him there for a lot of damage. After doing so a few times she won.

 

Match number six was the king's sister vs the swordsman adventurer, Andrew. This fair was a fight of swordsman vs swordsman, so it seemed to be a regular duel. Bianca was a older woman who used a long sword similar to the hero sword that Arthur uses. Andrew used what I recognized as a katana. The duel went on and after a back and forth, Andrew lost and Bianca came out on top.

 

The king cheered for a little and boasted about his sister for a while. When the next match starts, he also starts boasting about his brother also.

 

His brother was, instead of a swordsman, a wizard. His opponent was the hunter, Oliver. This fight was nothing like any of the first few, except Tess’s. Obsidian started the fight out with a massive fire magic attack that overwhelmed his opponent.

 

“Oh, he also didn’t try to hold back.” Chloe said. “That was base level inferno magic.”

 

“Really? That's what inferno magic can do?” Olivia askes.

 

“Yes. My uncle was the one who started to teach me magic when I was a young girl. He was hailed as equal to the fire dragons, and that inferno magic spell is of his own design.”

 

“I didn’t know that you were a magic user” Olivia said to Chloe.

 

‘Oh, yes. Outside of my position as Princess, I am also a court mage for Cardon. My current research is in the ancient dragon script a few adventurers found.” She said with a smile.

 

“Not only is she a court mage for me, but she is the youngest court mage in history.” The king started boasting about her now too. Turns out that throughout the day he had been drinking all day. His wife was standing by his side and apologized for him to the rest of us.

 

Finally, Arthurs match was starting. He was fighting a berserker named Hurk. When they got onto the field, the announcer started the fight.

 

But then Arthur raised his hand. Seeming to want to say something, Hurk gave him the go ahead.

 

“All right. Hello everyone. This is my first public fight as the new Hero of this world. To show off how powerful I am, I give you a challenge, Hurk. Survive one of my attacks while i go all out, and i will coincide this fight.”

 

Hurk nodded in agreement.

“Alright then” Arthur said, pulling his hero sword out. “Heroic Sword Art, Karmic Breaker”. With these words, his sword glows an amazing gold and white light. When it makes contact with Hurk, he falls almost instantly. He is blown back with a powerful blast, and the fight is called for Arthur.

1