(01-11) Steve Smith
524 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before reading this chapter, I have to tell you that the recipe I found it in online. So, don't blame me if I wrote anything wrong.

*Ding-dong


*Ding-dong

"Who's it?" 

I woke up hearing someone knocking on my door. Having no choice, I woke up and went to the door. Now that I think about it, I don't know anyone besides Rin and Mr. Tanikawa. Then who is it? 

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's me." I heard a male voice. If I am not wrong, it's not Mr. Tanikawa's voice. Then who is it? 

I opened the door and found a blonde haired boy. He is almost the same age as me. He is quite handsome. His eye glass makes me believe that he is a studious type person. He gives me a kind  and friendly atmosphere. I think I know him, but I don't remember his name. If I am not wrong, he was one of the guys who is from the Australian Union. 

"You're...." 

"Nice to meet you. I am Steve Smith. I am from the Australian Union." Before I could ask him about his identity, he introduced himself to me. 

"Nice to meet you too. I am Shimizu Ryou. I am from Bengal Raj." I introduced myself too. 

"Ah, I do know you. I have seen pictures in the list. I was quite astonished when I saw you here. I thought everyone from Bengal Raj would come together. But you were here a bit earlier." He spoke like a friendly person. 

"Ah, I was excited. So, I made an unreasonable request." I shyly answered.

"Haha, I can understand that." He laughed mildly."I was excited too when I learned that I could be in this program too. By the way, did I just wake you up?" 

"Nah, I was just about to wake up. Wanna come inside." Saying that, I invited him inside.

He gladly accepted and went inside. 

I went to the kitchen and found some cola in the fridge. 

"Sorry, that's all I have." I offered him a glass of cola. 

"Nah, I am not here to drink. I just thought we could just have our breakfast together in the cafeteria." Saying that, he accepted the drink. 

"Why not. I will gladly accept this offer." I answered him. "I thought you would have your breakfast with your friend." 

"My friend? Ah, the guy from tomorrow. Well, that bastard secretly contacted the other three guys and went to have breakfast with some ladies." He replied as if he was a bit pissed off.

"Yeah, he should have had his breakfast with you." I replied.

"No, that's not the point. I am just mad at them because they didn't even invite me. I wanted to hang out with some girls too." He leaked out his hidden desire. 

Well, he is a guy too after all. If you heard that your friends went to hang out with some girls and didn't even bother to invite you, you would definitely be pissed off. 

"Ahaha, they did something bad." 

"That's why...." He suddenly got moody and the next moment, he got excited and said, "That's why, I have made an appointment with some girl from the North American Empire." 

"You sure are excited." 

"Well, obviously. That's why, I need a guy who would join me and won't even attract much attention and at that moment I remembered you. You're a guy who doesn't attract much attention and you're perfect for this job." He excitedly insulted me. 

"I kinda understand why they didn't bother to invite you. You're really a scum." I replied while controlling my anger.

Hearing that, he smiled and replied,"Thanks for the compliment." 

"I am not complimenting." I gave him a Tsukkomi. 

"Ahaha, I was joking. But I did invite some ladies. So, wanna come with me this afternoon?" He genuinely asked this time.

"Sure." I accepted.

"Okay, wash your face and we're going to have our breakfast." Saying that, he pushed me. 

I went inside and washed my face. I got ready and went to the cafeteria. 

He chose two dishes Sweetcorn fritters and puddings. On the other hand, I chose to eat Veg mayonnaise sandwich and breakfast parfait.

To be honest, I chose my dishes on pure assumption. I haven't eaten any of these. But it looks kinda tasty, so I ordered them. 

"By the way, what kind of dish is Sweetcorn fritters?" I asked him while being interested in his dish. 

"I am glad you asked......." After that, he started giving information about the dish non-stop and I started feeling sick of his non stoppable explanation. 

As the name implies, these delicacies are a slightly sweeter version of the savoury corn-fritters you might find in America. They’re made using a cornmeal-based batter with a touch of milk, sugar and eggs mixed and fried up. In Australia, you’ll typically find these sweetcorn fritters alongside some bacon, avo, poached eggs and sauce or pesto of some sort. It’s a little healthier than a bread-based meal.

After giving information about his food. He started talking about my food, "Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich."

"Mayonnaise sandwiches are a delightful treat made with a creamy mayo-based filling and crisp toasted bread. They're perfect for breakfast or as a snack." He spoke as if he knows a lot. I can clearly see his nose becoming bigger. "Well, let me send you the recipe." 

Saying that, he typed something on his phone and a moment later, a massage arrived in my phone. It was an actual recipe for the Veg Mayo Sandwich. 

By the way, we exchanged our number earlier.

Veg Mayo Sandwich Recipe:


   - **Ingredients**:

     - 4 slices of bread

     - 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions or shallots or green onions

     - 1 green chili (deseeded and chopped, optional)

     - ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 small garlic clove minced)

     - ¼ cup red bell pepper (capsicum) or firm ripe tomatoes (chopped)

     - ¼ cup lettuce or cabbage (finely chopped)

     - 2 tablespoons carrots (shredded/grated, optional)

     - 2 tablespoons sweet corn (boiled, optional)

     - 3 tablespoons mayonnaise

     - ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper

     - ¼ to ½ teaspoon red chili flakes

     - ¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder (or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional)

   - **Instructions**:

     1. Butter the bread slices and toast them until golden and crisp.

     2. Mix all the ingredients (onions, chili, garlic powder, bell pepper, lettuce, carrots, sweet corn, mayo, pepper, chili flakes, and mustard powder) to prepare the filling.

     3. Spread the filling on a slice of bread and cover with another slice.

     4. Slice the veg mayo sandwich and serve.

 

9