(01-16) The Shattered Throne: Confrontation with Divinity
996 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's almost 8 o'clock." I muttered while looking at the clock in my room. 

It's already time for me to use my ethereal capsule and get teleported to one of the three worlds. To be honest, I am totally excited. I don't really know what kind of journey is waiting for me down there. 

*Ring *Ring

My phone started ringing. I know who it is. It's from Rin-san. I accepted the call right away. 

"Hello." 

"Hello, good morning Ryou-sama."I heard her voice as I was totally excited. I forgot to greet her. 

"Ah, good morning, Rin-san. It's already time, isn't it?" I asked her as I was excited. 

"Yes. You may use the Ethereal capsule now." She announced. 

"Thank you." Thanking her, I hung her call and started undressing. 

Well,. it's important to get undressed for using the ethereal capsule. 

After getting undressed, I went to the Ethereal capsule. I started wearing the helmet and other essential stuff. 

"Fuuuhaaaa." 

After that, I took a deep breath. I know that everyone is as excited as me. We are going to experience something that no one has ever experienced before. Well, beta testers have already gotten the experiences. Well, let's not talk about them. 

"Ryou-sama, can you hear me?" I heard the Rin-san's voice in my ears. 

"Yeah." 

"Okay, you should press the button in your hand in the count of three." She informed me. 

"I understand." 

"Okay, ready... One... Two....three... Gooooo." 

*Click

As she counted three, I pressed the button. Before I knew it, some kind of gas started to spread in the machine. My whole body started to feel heavy and before I knew it, my consciousness.........

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I woke up feeling confused and lost in a dark place. "Where am I? Why is it so dark?" I wondered.

Then, out of nowhere, I heard a strange beep. "What's that?" I thought, and suddenly, a blue screen popped up in front of me with a message:

[Choose Your Permanent Form.

1) Male

2) Female]

Permanent form? That's new. Our principal said we'd stay the same, no changes allowed. But here I am, with a choice to make. Could she have been wrong? Is it possible to change how I look?

I have two options: stay a guy or become a girl, at least in looks. I don't want to keep looking the way I do, but I'm also scared of picking the male option and nothing changing. Maybe being a girl for a while wouldn't be so bad.

It's a tough choice, but I decide to go for the female option. It's just for my character, not for real.

I tap on 'Female'.

*Pwooooonnnnn*

A weird sound buzzes in my ears, and everything starts to fade to black...

This version keeps the original meaning but is written in a simpler, more direct style, making it easier for readers to understand. If you need any more help, just let me know!

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Consciousness flickered like a dying flame, threatening to extinguish at any moment. I, Ryou, found myself adrift in an endless expanse of white—a void that seemed to both suffocate and liberate. A sharp, biting pain clawed at my senses, pulling me back from the brink of oblivion. I was bleeding, the crimson life-force flowing freely from wounds I had no memory of receiving. My hands instinctively reached for my head, only to find that my hair, once short and manageable, now cascaded down my shoulders in unruly waves. Something was wrong; my body felt alien, reshaped by unseen forces.

As I struggled to piece together the fractured remnants of my memory, the white void shattered like glass, giving way to a reality far grander than any I had known. I stood—or rather, I thought I stood—in a room that defied the laws of splendor. It was a throne room, but not just any throne room. It was celestial in its beauty, with walls that gleamed like polished ivory and floors that mirrored the heavens themselves. Pillars of light ascended to a canopy of stars, and at the center of it all was a throne that seemed to pulse with the very essence of power.

A voice, melodic yet laced with an edge of authority, sliced through the silence. 

"Shion, you're not worthy to be here anymore." 

The words hung heavy in the air, spoken by a figure of such divine beauty that it pained the eyes to behold her. She was the epitome of grace, with white hair that flowed like liquid moonlight and wings that shimmered with the purity of freshly fallen snow. Her eyes, a deep, fathomless red, bore into me with an intensity that felt as though it could sear the soul.

"Y-You're?" I stammered, my voice a mere whisper against the majesty of her presence.

"I don't have time to talk with someone filthy like you." Her dismissal was a physical blow, and before I could process her words, she was upon me. A holy light, powerful and blinding, erupted from her being, sending me hurtling through the air. The walls of the palace, once unyielding, crumbled like sand as I crashed through them, my body screaming in agony. Every nerve ending flared with pain, and yet, I could not comprehend why I was here, why I was the target of her wrath.

The last thing I remembered was the Ethereal Capsule—the gateway that had brought me to this world. But now, as I floated helplessly, the goddess's hand gripping my head with an ironclad force, I realized that my journey had taken a turn for the catastrophic.

"Goodbye," she whispered, and with a motion as effortless as the rising sun, her hand plunged through my chest. Warmth spread rapidly, followed by the cold embrace of darkness. Blood blossomed like a macabre flower, and as my vision faded to black, so too did my consciousness slip away into the abyss...

12