Chapter 2: Just Living – 1
109 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, standing in front of a rather tall building, Aidan looked around. There were still many people hurrying to work around him. However, when he deliberately observed the surface, some things could be seen.

Some of the people passing by were not like all the others. With his keen observation skills, he could discern the difference between these people and other passersby very well.

Although there were extremely few of them, Aidan concluded that they were clearly not ordinary. For example, he noticed one person who pretended to be a very ill-looking man. However, under Aidan's observation, he could see the man's even, unfluctuating breathing.

But he didn't care, he shifted his attention to the building in front of him. It wasn't very tall or beautiful looking. Rather, it was a very ordinary 20-story building. However, this was the place where he had come to start working, he thought it would suffice for the time being.

Since the company was not too busy, but also not too bad, it guaranteed that he would earn an average salary and not attract too much attention.

Entering inside, he was greeted in the lobby, where there was a reception desk with a couple of men and women. Even though Aidan himself didn't want to, his brain automatically identified some characteristics and common traits of the people.

He did the same when he saw these people. They were mostly ordinary people with lustful, hypocritical natures, as well as various social masks. This scene reminded him of his previous life again. When he had to make concessions and allow his pride to be trampled in order to live better in the future.

Approaching them, he spoke very calmly and confidently, unlike his past life. This place could not become a trap for him, or any other place, this came from his new mentality.

"Hello, I'm here about the job. I was told I could start today."

Speaking, he handed over a paper and put it on the counter. At this time, a girl talking to her friend nearby noticed him.

Aidan saw the girl's preliminary assessment of him in her eyes. He showed no emotion, and waited for her response.

"Welcome."

Taking the paper, she began to check it, then confirmed Aidan's employment. Some time later, she handed Aidan a card with his name written on it. This was an employee card that he had to carry with him in the company.

Taking the card, Aidan followed the girl's instructions and headed towards the elevator. Out of the corner of his ear, he also heard people behind him start talking about him.

"New employee?"

"Well, judging by the documents, he just graduated from university, he's lucky to have found a job so quickly."

"Well, he doesn't look very..."

"Come on, Eila..."

Walking away, Aidan stopped listening to what they were discussing next, but he didn't care anyway. Using the elevator, he went up to the fifth floor, where he was also greeted by several people in the elevator. These were also his future colleagues who had been working at this company for several years.

Following them, he finally arrived at his place. At this time, a fat man was standing near his future desk. Although Aidan's height was not great, the fat man was much shorter than him.

Seeing him, the fat man spoke with an ordinary face.

"Welcome, this is your place. So here, that man is your senior so follow his instructions and do what he says. After a week of internship you will officially take up the position."

Speaking, the fat man pointed his finger at a bespectacled man, who was standing in a group with two other employees and talking about something.

Leaving those words, the fat man paid no more attention to Aidan, he turned and walked away, entering an office in the distance.

Aidan, for his part, looked at the desk, and then followed the fat man's words and approached the bespectacled man.

Noticing him, the people stopped talking and looked at him.

"Hello, I'm the new employee, and I was told to follow your words sir."

They received him in a normal way, there was nothing special.

The conversation ended, Aidan got acquainted with them, the man in glasses was called Robin. And the rest were unimportant to him so he didn't pay much attention.
Following Robin, they approached Aidan's desk.

"First get a little familiar with your workspace, and I'll come back and bring you some things for the project. Don't worry, they will be simple, so you can comfortably demonstrate your skills."

After speaking, Robin left and returned 5 minutes later while Aidan was looking at the computer screen.

"Here, first you need to make some of these components. Because you are currently an intern, I can't show you the main parts of the project, so you just need to make relatively simple components."

Showing what Aidan needed to do, he didn't leave right away. First he started showing some programs on the computer as well as simple tricks to speed up work.

Then they talked a little, although it could be said that mainly Robin was talking. Since Aidan maintained his serene, quiet demeanor the whole time, he was not irritated by the conversation with Robin. But he also did not show obvious interest.

Robin saw that Aidan was not very sociable and finally finished and left.

Aidan looked at the components he had to make, and got to work without hesitation. He was hired as an IT developer, this was also largely due to the grades that the previous owner of the body had. All the knowledge he had gained from the original body was quite good, right up to the moment when he did not get the skill "Master of Programming."

This simple name did not show the magnitude that he saw after gaining all that knowledge after acquiring the skill. In a word, one could say that this was forbidden knowledge. Another way to make huge money, but he still refused.

Calmly reading what he had to do, Aidan thought for a moment, launched a chat on the computer and asked Robin a direct question. He wanted to know what amount of time Robin considered acceptable for creating the component.

Finding out that it would take about an hour on average, he thanked the speaker and got down to business.

Typing slowly on the computer, he deliberately delayed the time. Soon an hour and a half passed, the small component was ready. He decided for himself not to stand out, so he decided to yield to the average time.

Opening the chat again, he contacted Robin to notify him that the component was ready. Two minutes later, Robin was already with him.

"Well, not bad for a newbie."

After reviewing the code and checking that it worked, Robin spoke to him.

"Okay, I'll send this file to myself, after which we'll take a 10 minute break. I'll also show you what's where, you have a pretty good chance to officially start working so you need to know some places."

The next 10 minutes, Aidan followed Robin around the company. The cafeteria, restroom, and other departments.

After that, they returned to work again. Aidan also followed Robin's instructions and carried out his assignments. Although he could do everything in a very short time, however, as before, he deliberately did everything slowly and corresponded to a novice.

Time gradually changed, and the day gradually approached evening.

After saying goodbye to Robin, he followed the other employees and left the office. Returning the card to the counter, he completed the first day of work in the new world and left the company.

Immediately before his eyes was a bustling street, loudly talking teenagers having fun, elderly people with bags in their hands, as well as people coming home from work. This scene was the same as in the past.

Involuntarily, the corners of his mouth rose, and he also began to walk down the street. Relying on coffee to enjoy this moment and finally head home.

He deliberately did not use public transport, as he loved to take a leisurely walk and clear his thoughts in his past life. However, now it was only to enjoy it.

"It seems without headphones it's no good, are there any good musics in this world like in that one."

Thinking, he mentally repeated to himself a famous and quite touching melody for him. Although it was only in his mind, it was much more pleasant than without it.

Passing another pedestrian crossing, he was about to go down the stairs, but suddenly stopped. His head turned and his eyes focused on the sky, observation told him that there had just been a slight flash on one of the colored lines in the sky.

He didn't know what it might represent, but for a few seconds he just looked ahead again and started down the stairs.

"It doesn't concern me..."

Half an hour later, he finally reached home. As he was about to enter the building, he saw a familiar face. His sister was also returning from somewhere at this time. The original owner's sister was 3 years younger than him. That meant the girl was in school now.

Unlike the original owner, his sister did not remember their parents, which is why their loss did not cause too many changes in her life. Since then they had been living with their aunt, who was 28 years old and unmarried. After the loss of his parents, the original owner changed in another direction. From cheerful and smiling he became dull and quite withdrawn.

Because of these factors, he did not even care about his sister or aunt, he also did not know what his mother was doing. And how his sister's school days were going.

Although the final destruction of the relationship with his sister occurred in one school incident. Before that, his sister still made an effort to get their relationship closer.

However, this incident clearly had an impact on her. The thing was that they both went to the same school. Although there was a 3 year difference, they went to school together, so to speak. His sister just followed him on the way to school.

One day it happened that his sister was bullied, the results of the incident were also quite serious. As a result of this, his sister sustained some injuries, but the most terrible thing for her was that her brother simply ignored it when he saw her being bullied.

Most likely, she always thought her older brother would help her, but reality hurt her. Aidan also got these memories, the wounded and bruised sister crying and looking at him.

In addition to this, Aidan also felt fear, yes at that time the previous owner of the body was clearly afraid and did not dare to help his sister, eventually just leaving from there.

Their relationship was completely ruined after that, however, as before, Aidan did not care at all, it was all the same to him.

As before, they passed each other as if the other person did not exist. Although they exchanged a few words in front of their aunt, in private they were still like strangers to each other.

A few steps later, Aidan noticed the girl stop to do something on her phone. But he clearly saw that the other party deliberately let him pass in front so as not to end up with him in the elevator. He silently accepted this and entered the elevator, soon he arrived home.

Unlike last time, when opening the door, he heard sounds from the kitchen. Entering inside, he saw another figure. The beautiful figure deftly wielded kitchen utensils, and a delicious smell filled the house.

The picture and atmosphere were warm and pleasant...however, it was not for him.

4