The snowy plains at midnight
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where were you M?” The purple-haired girl asked, from her soothing voice one could discern no emotion, but from her amber eyes… M was a little nervous of confessing.

“Taking care of my needs S, what’s the hurry?” At the slight twitch of disgust from S, the black haired boy laughed in his mind.

“Whatever, we have work to do, get your focus on it.” She was slightly more jumpy than usual, of course it was hard to blame her, even he felt a little uncomfortable in this snowing plains, containing so many freezing-cold memories they were not too fond of.

“Don’t you mean we have to cook?” Way to crack the ice with your stupid jokes M.

“And stop with that!” Yeah better leave the socializing to B, why wasn’t the dragon-girl with them though? She also had deals with this place, also a lot of eagerness in burning down to crisp whatever bothered her queen.

“Hey S, why isn’t B here?”
“She’s needed elsewhere, we will reunite after we finish with this tower.” Looking up at the night sky, M still couldn’t see the end of the colossal structure some kilometers in front of them, towering over mountains. This was not how the lab used to look like at all. Such a remodeling from the burnt scratches they left last time could only be done by one kind of being.

“Is the sparked around, S?” With her control of space, finding anybody would just be a matter of knowing their physical features and locking their spatial placement.

“Even if they were, is not like I can identify them if they aren’t flamboyantly letting out planeswalker aura.” But yeah, the sparked were trickier, he should know. “You can’t try but I don’t recall your abilities being able to bypass the reality anchors placed around this bitch.”

“Yeah, better go with the MBS tactic then? Oh,” Then he remembered the missing memeber. “The MS tactic in this case.”

“Hit hard and fast?”
“Yup”

“Be ready for a lot of fire under our asses though.” To M’s statement S smirked

“Yeah it would be hard for us and not so fast of a clean-up of the place.” Said S, then M smiled at her eyes widening in sudden realization. “Unless you want to do that”

“And you know that I always subscribe to those methods.” Said M while pulling out from thin air a black katana of neon-purple light stripes, sparking with a bit of electricity as he caressed the blade affectionately.

S took a moment to reflect -as in a second- immediately pulling her own thick lance of black with white stripes after. She looked way more happier than minutes ago, but also incomparably dangerous in the sharp smile she had.

“Then let’s rock this place to dust, M.” The lance glowed intensely.
“Nah, S, let’s reduce them to atoms instead.” The katana hummed excitedly.


Along the metal corridors thousands of mechanized steps echoed through the entire facility. The cacophony neatly covered any sound coming from the outside, or the inside, if not as loud.

What should be the easy step for S took longer, careful consideration with the many anti-warping measures at play, yet, she still heralded over space as it’s goddess and could still fabricate her portals. She now was inside the reactor’s room, facing the heart powering the entire facility.

It was a sphere wrapped up in countless tendrils that looked too slimy to be part of any machinery, the whiplash for such an aesthetic and motif gap left S a bit flabbergasted. ‘Sparked are a bunch of weirdos, don’t think about it.’ She reasoned before focusing on a more pressing matter, the pinkish-glow coming from the gaps in the tendrils.

S didn’t even need to look, she could feel just how much energy the reactor was storing, utilizing and irradiating in the air around, it was no wonder no normal security bot was stationed, none would withstand standing inside for more than 5 seconds before eroding to dust or being corrupted.

Yet, the area was still considered heavily guarded for a reason, and upon her first look of the reactor she knew.

She pointed the lance forward and black fumes shot straight to the reactor, clashing against the tendrils who weren’t affected by it’s decaying properties. These tendrils were now unfurling from the reactor these embraced - revealing it’s real cubic form - and pointing themselves against the attacker.

These began to glow on with mixes of purple and green before shooting forward, S blinked from existence in one golden glow before appearing directly above the reactor in the same blink, with lance on both hands pointing downwards and dashing into it.

But the attack was parried by thick tendrils fast enough to furl themselves into a shield, with a couple more slithering fast through the air towards the girl who kept herself floating in place.

Then the pointy tendrils stabbed each other after being intercepted by portals. These retracted, and joined by more than a hundred tendrils tried again before portals appeared once more, driving the attacks away from the girl, and this time, connecting to portals pointing at the reactor.

Upon getting as close as one centimeter to touch the radiation cube, the tendrils writhed away before growing white, rapidly turning to chalk.

“What?” Weren’t these things practically hugging the reactor before?

Just as quickly some tendrils joined together to form thick tentacles that upon touching the reactor trembled slightly and noticeably dried off but didn’t suffer as fatal a backlash. These didn’t took a moment of respite before shooting forward again.

“I swear, these stupid gimmicks—” The tentacle formed a portal of their own and she felt it on her back.

Blood exploded to the sides from the momentum, painting the ground green as the tentacle seemingly crashed against a wall, an invisible wall surrounding S.

“…again, these fucking gimmicks.” The tentacle still could move —while other began to form and move—but S wouldn’t entertain those enough to have another dirty trick pulled from under the table.

She threw her lance forward to the reactor, drawing attention of the slimy masses which shot towards intercepting it. In response the weapon released clouds of thick black powder, slowing the attacking limbs as these began rotting, while the lance kept pushing through until finally stabbing into the pink cube.

Then nothing happened.

‘…?’ She held her breath and a delayed teleportation to avoid being swallowed in the explosion but even after waiting a minute, no explosion occurred.

Yet the tentacles stooped moving, and the black-mass these were connected to embracing the reactor fell off it as it started to dry. She recalled her lance back to her hand.

“Will I need to press the lance even further or—?” Then the explosion suddenly went off without a hitch, swallowing S in the light of the blast.

0