Chapter 17: It’s really embarrassing to be caught by your girlfriend’s friends after you did vampire stuff
780 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Um. . ." Rose said.

 

"Yeah, I'm with Izzy on this one," Natalie said.

 

"I. . . don't know how to explain it," Rose said.

 

"Hold on," Izzy said. "I have a guess. Are you a vampire?"

 

Rose silently nodded.

 

"Are you two okay, though?" Natalie asked.

 

"I'm fine," Kira said.

 

"And I heal super fast anyway," Rose said. She looked down at her shoulder where the cut from earlier had already sealed up.

 

"You were really angry," Kira said, squeezing Rose's hand.

 

"They were going to hurt you," Rose said. "I feel everything you do."

 

"Wait, really?" Izzy asked. "That's so cool! How?"

 

"It's a whole thing," Kira said. "Basically, our love for each other creates a connection between us where I can feel anything Rose does and she feels anything I do."

 

"That's neat," Natalie said.

 

As they had talked, Rose's heartbeat had finally calmed down. When she looked around the room, she nearly gagged.

 

"Come on, let's go," Kira said. "We need to get out of here."

 

The four of them left the area and went to the nearest staff member. They said that they had found a room with a lot of blood and four men. They were thanked and saw several security guards going toward the place they mentioned.

 

After that, they all went to a secluded area and rested. Rose kept her hand in Kira's and her head rested on her shoulder.

 

"So, you actually drink blood?" Izzy asked.

 

"Yes," Rose answered. "Although that was the first time having any that wasn't Kira's."

 

"Wait, can you taste it when Rose drinks?" Natalie asked Kira.

 

"I can," Kira answered. "It's a little weird. Mostly just tastes like normal blood with a little bit of sweetness."

 

"Huh," Izzy said.

 

"Wait, how come you can be in the sun?" Natalie asked.

 

"It turns out, almost all of the legends about vampires are wrong," Rose said. "The sun just seems extra bright, so I use a small spell to negate that."

 

"What about the Twilight series?" Izzy asked. "I love those books."

 

"That's a good question," Rose said. "I don't know." She pulled out her phone and texted Feyrin.

 

Rose: Curious, how accurate are the Twilight books?

 

After a minute, Feyrin replied.

 

Feyrin: Not at all

Feyrin: Stephanie Meyer is actually a vampire

Feyrin: And she wrote a story about vampires that is wrong on purpose

Feyrin: She was being funny

Rose: K thanks

 

"It turns out that Stephanie Meyer is a vampire," Rose said. "She wrote the books wrong on purpose."

 

"That's hilarious," Natalie said.

 

"Now I will never read Twilight the same again," Izzy said. "I cannot believe this."

 

"It's funny," Kira said. She leaned into Rose and hummed.

 

"Oh, hey!" Izzy said. "Look, over there!" She pointed to a food stand and everyone looked at it. The sign said that they were selling chocolate-cinnamon-flavoured churros.

 

"Those look so good," Kira said, "Let's get some."

 

All four of them went to the stand and they ordered three. Rose was already full from the blood she had had earlier and she got to taste it through Kira anyway, so she was fine.

 

They were absolutely delicious.

 

The chocolate was great yet not overwhelming. The cinnamon added the perfect undertone of taste that accentuated the whole thing perfectly. All of them savored the taste for a while, even going back to buy seconds.

 

At one point, they were asked for a picture, which they agreed to.

 

They also spent some time wandering around, looking at all the things being sold or advertised.

 

Kira bought a keychain of her favorite anime character, Natsu, from the series Fairy Tail and Rose got a small cat plushie.

 

Then at last it was time to go home. They did notice several police cars in the parking lot, earning Rose a few looks from her friends.

 

When at last they reached home, Rose felt tiredness grip her. She fell asleep as soon as she reached her room.

43