Chapter 23: Parties and wedding planning can be the same thing
445 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When they got there, Haden, Gloria, Feyrin, Izzy, and Natalie were already there.

 

"How was last night?" Haden asked the two, making Rose blush profusely.

 

"Good," Kira answered. "Thank you."

 

"You're welcome," Haden said, smiling. "Come in." Rose and Kira walked inside the house and Haden closed the door. Sitting in the front room were the rest. Gloria, Izzy, and Feyrin were playing Super Smash Bros together. It looked like Natalie had been playing, but she had lost already.

 

"Hey!" Gloria said, waving to the two newcomers before going right back into the game. She hit a full combo on Izzy and sent the girl's character flying off the screen.

 

"Ah, fuck!" Izzy said, setting her controller down. "You two are too good!"

 

"I've played games like this for years," Feyrin said. "And I taught Gloria. So, no way you could beat us."

 

"I'll try," Rose said.

 

"Alright, we're gonna finish this game first," Gloria said. After a minute, she lost, although it was a really close game.

 

"Hah!" Feyrin said. "I'm just better."

 

"Yeah, yeah," Gloria said. She handed her controller to Rose, who sat down and selected her character. Then the fight began.

 

Feyrin lost incredibly quickly. When she did, she just kinda sat there, shocked.

 

"Wow," Gloria said.

 

"I lost," Feyrin said, dazed.

 

"Yep!" Rose said. "It's cause I'm awesome!"

 

"You are," Kira said.

 

"Oh, hey," Haden interjected. "Have you started planning the wedding yet?"

 

"No," Kira said. "It's been less than 12 hours."

 

"Well, let's start then!" Haden said. "Besides, you'll need our help anyway. Vampire weddings, especially one between a vampire and a human, are different. For starters, after the kiss, there's a blood-drinking, so you'll need an illusioner."

 

"I have a question," Izzy said. "Are any of the myths and legends regarding vampires and religion true?"

 

"Are any of them true?" Natalie added.

 

"Well, garlic just smells bad," Feryin said. "The sun is extra bright to us, and a wooden stake would kill anyone. Holy water is fake and does nothing, and the Bible is just a book."

 

"Oh," Izzy said.

 

"Although we do have our own churches," Feyrin said. "They are the ones that orchestrate vampire weddings. I'll get you in touch with one of them."

 

Over the next several hours, they all discussed the many, many details of the wedding. clothing, decoration, color schemes, location, people to invite, and more.

 

For the list of people, they concluded on Rose and Kira's families, Izzy, Natalie, James, Feyrin, Haden, Gloria, Mary, and an old male vampire named Grint. Grint was a quite famous (in the vampire world) illusioner. He could conjure all sorts of images from nothing with magic and had helped many vampires.

 

He was younger only than Feyrin and one other in the territory.

 

"How old are you, anyway?" Rose asked Feyrin. The woman looked somewhere around thirty years old but everyone knew that she was much older.

 

"I'm from sometime during the 100s or 200s," Feyrin replied, making everyone's jaws drop and Gloria do a spit-take.

 

"What the hell?" She said.

 

"What?" Feyrin asked. "Haden's from the 1600s."

 

Here the attention turned to the doctor.

 

"What?" She asked. "I'm old. Not as old as a lot of vampires though."

 

"Of course not," Feyrin said. "The oldest vamp in this territory is from a few hundred thousand years ago."

 

"Jeez," Rose said.

 

"He doesn't talk to anyone though," Haden said. "He won't even let me give him a check-up."

 

"That's because the last time you did you accidentally tore his arm off," Feyrin said.

 

"You did WHAT!?" Gloria, Izzy, Natalie, and Rose all exclaimed.

 

"It was an accident, okay?" Haden said. "I didn't realize he was so weak."

 

"Okay, moving on," Feyrin said. "How big should the cake be?"

 

They whiled away the rest of the day like that, discussing and laughing together.

26