Chapter 24: A long journey got us here
522 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the late release and short chapter! It might be short but its content is incredibly important.

 

Rose was so, so happy.

 

Because she was going to join herself together with the one person she loved most in the world.

 

She slowly walked up the aisle to where Kira was waiting. Everything was perfect.

 

At first, she had been the one who wanted to wear a suit during the wedding. But Kira, after many tries, finally convinced her to be the one to wear the dress.

 

So now, dressed in one of the most gorgeous outfits she had ever seen, Rose slowly approached the altar.

 

Step by step, she walked up.

 

She turned and looked up into Kira's eyes.

 

They could feel each other's heartbeats. They could feel every single feeling and emotion.

 

Then the vampire priest, an old man (one of the few vampires who let himself age until he looked old) named Natam, spoke.

 

They went through their vows. Natam asked Kira the question and she responded. Then he asked Rose the question.

 

She barely heard what he said but knew the words to say. Almost mindlessly she repeated them.

 

Then the old vampire said one last thing.

 

"You may now kiss," He said.

 

Rose eagerly leaned in and kissed Kira passionately. The two stayed like that for several seconds until they felt Grint's magic wash over them. Now, any motion they made wouldn't be seen by any except for the one controlling the illusion.

 

Rose pulled back and asked softly, "Ready?"

 

"Of course," Kira said.

 

Rose leaned into Kira's neck. Her fangs rested on Kira's skin before piercing. There was a small prick of pain as a strange feeling came over Rose. She felt some of the magical essence inside her separate and go through her fangs.

 

It slipped into Kira's bloodstream and spread throughout her body. Then Rose pulled away, letting her saliva heal the wound. Then she went back to kissing Kira.

 

The illusion faded and they pulled away. Then the clapping began.

 


 

The next several hours were a whirlwind of emotions and people.

 

There were congratulations from their families and friends. Rose's mother was an absolute mess and Emily was, surprisingly very moved. Kira's parents were teary-eyed but not as much as Rose's mom. Her brother was very awkward about the whole thing.

 

Their vampire friends had varying reactions too. Gloria and Haden were both very happy outwardly, but Feyrin seemed to hide it. She did admit that the wedding had been one of the happiest things she had seen within the last century.

 

But at last, when everything was over, they rested in their room, together. Kira was extra tired, so they went straight to bed.

 

Rose, though, didn't fall asleep straight away. She stayed in bed, feeling her bond with Kira grow stronger and stronger. She also felt the slight shifts that happened within her body.

 

Then, at last, she too fell asleep.

25