The Otherworldly problems
127 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guys, I've already posted my new fanfic, I suggest everyone read it and I guarantee it maintains the same quality as this one

Name - Reverend Insanity - The Prophet of Christ

---------

While caressing Wang Mei's head, Chen Wei has a complicated expression on his face as his mind races at the speed of light, thoughts colliding with each other, creating new ideas or destroying each other at an incredible speed and chaos.

"I was very reckless...?" With this new possibility of Wang Mei being an otherworldly, various details and small occurrences that had previously gone unnoticed by him began to emerge in his mind like stars in the sky.

"Firstly, since when has she been here..." This is quite important for Chen Wei to determine if this Wang Mei who is now sound asleep with her head gently resting on his chest is the same one he has always known.

"That's probably the case..." As an otherworldly demon, and mainly one who had read the novel, he had always been alert to the possibility of the same happening to someone close to him, but he never saw a major change in Wang Mei's personality.

But from what he had heard, her father, who had influenced her since childhood to disdain him, and in the few moments he had seen her from afar before they formally met, she seemed to have a look of disdain towards him, so he was even surprised when she was so affectionate and kind to him when they met. But now he reasons that this may no longer be the original Wang Mei who spoke with him.

"Besides, I now have confirmation that something is wrong with my A-grade..." He always found the fact of having an A-grade talent somewhat extraordinary, as he knew that otherworldly demons are generally suppressed by the heavens, just like Fang Yuan, who had a C-grade, or Thieving Heaven, who had a D-grade.

But as it was never stated in the story whether this was the same for all otherworldly demons or just for these two, and as the novel was banned before the author could write about why Heavens Will brings otherworldly demons or if it is under Heavens Will's control or not, so he could never come to a concrete conclusion about the fact that his aptitude was something out of the ordinary. But now, with Wang Mei being another otherworldly demon who lives in the same medium-sized clan as him at the same time, and not only that, but she was married to him and she herself has an A-grade talent just like him, this is too much of a coincidence not to have the hand of Heavens Will or some Venerable.

"Does she know that I'm an otherworldly demon...?" For Chen Wei, if his greatest secret were to be discovered by anyone else, even if it were Wang Mei, who has an Oath with him that prevents her from causing harm to him, would still make Chen Wei feel exposed and vulnerable.

"Does she have knowledge of Reverend Insanity?" This would be decisive for Chen Wei's future actions.

Well, there are several ways Chen Wei can use to verify this, one of which he has already demonstrated to her and everyone else for quite some time, and it is also the reason why he wonders if she knows that he is an otherworldly demon, and that is Blood Path!

Plain and simple, anyone who has read the novel in its entirety knows that this path should have been created by Giant Sun using a clone called Blood Sea Ancestor years after Giant Sun's death, but there is also the possibility that she has read the novel but just hasn't reached this point, as many people who start reading such a large novel stop halfway.

Of course, this is just one possibility, as it is much more likely that she has no knowledge of Reverend Insanity, as shown in the novel to be various worlds, for example, the one from which Thieving Heaven comes, so it is quite possible that she comes from one where the novel Reverend Insanity does not exist.

And even if she did come from Earth among a population of 7 billion people, Chen Wei imagines that the number of Reverend Insanity readers does not exceed one million, so the great likelihood is that even if she is from Earth, she will have no idea about Reverend Insanity.

This event heightened Chen Wei's paranoia, which was already strong because of the possible manipulation of Heavens Will to kill Chen Ming, so now in Chen Wei's eyes, everyone is a possible otherworldly demon lurking in the shadows.

"Love, are you okay? You look pensive..." Chen Wei is quickly brought out of his thoughts by Wang Mei, who has just woken up but still has a sleepy expression.

"I... I'm fine... just thinking about something... important." Chen Wei speaks slowly, taking the utmost care not to say anything that might trigger the effect of the Oath he made with Wang Mei or reveal what he doesn't want to.

"Hmm, you're so preoccupied early in the morning... are you already tired of waking up with such a beautiful wife by your side?" Wang Mei speaks jokingly, giving a soft punch to Chen Wei's chest.

"What can I do if this beautiful wife is responsible for my tiredness..." Chen Wei sighs, knowing the complicated situation he is in.

Wang Mei quickly blushes after hearing what Chen Wei said because, as she doesn't know what's going on in his head, let alone that he has discovered that she comes from another world, she mistakenly assumes that the tiredness he speaks of that she caused him was about the activity they engaged in several times last night.

"Well... we can... do it again... you know... I'm not tired." She speaks almost in a whisper, trying to continue looking Chen Wei in the eyes despite the embarrassment she is feeling.

Chen Wei looks at her with a certain complication in his gaze. Well, if you're wondering how Chen Wei managed to conclude that Wang Mei was probably another otherworldly demon, it comes from something she said repeatedly during the night.

To be clear, when he was on Earth, Chen Wei was never very religious; he was more like the average American, believing in God but not really in the habit of reading the Bible or going to church regularly, and the same goes for this world where people don't seem to have a concept of God, so they end up practicing some form of Taoism or venerating the Venerables as if they were deities and supreme beings.

So he is absolutely sure that the people of this world must not know about the Christian God or pray to Jesus, so you can imagine that after hearing Wang Mei take the holy name of God in vain several times during the night, he realized what that meant.

Well, besides that, there is also the fact that although Chen Wei only spoke English when he was on Earth, he knew a little German, so he could understand a little when she said things like "more," "stronger," "please" in German, mainly taking into account that these words tended to come together.

Honestly, if someone had told him in the past that this would be the way he would discover another otherworldly demon, he might even laugh at that joke, but now the last thing he feels like doing is laughing.

-------

*a few days later*

"Hmm, I think I'm figuring out why I was failing before in the refinement." This gu that Chen Wei is experimenting with is the Bloodchief Armor Gu, and now it is the focus of Chen Wei's research as he tries to upgrade his main defense and attack gu for the Blood Path.

"In the end, every gu is a living manifestation of the Great Dao, having its own will and spirit, as well as life essence..." Chen Wei speculates his aperture and sees dozens of identical gu; this is a new creation of his, the Rank 1 Blood Drop gu, a simple gu that has the ability to create small drops of blood without any attack or practical ability, since creating blood drops is not the most useful ability.

But it has a great advantage for Chen Wei to conduct experiments since it is easy to create using only normal blood for its refinement, it is also easy to feed since it simply feeds on any type of blood, besides being easy to refine to higher levels, which made Chen Wei create dozens of them, treating them as disposable items, as even at rank 2, the only thing they do more is create more blood drops.

"And that's why I was failing to create a recipe; it wasn't due to bad luck or my lack of ability, but because I was treating gu as a tool or a worm and not as a manifestation of the Dao." This may seem like something simple that wouldn't lead to big problems for a gu master, but as refinement is a practice of precision and delicacy where even the smallest detail is wrong, it leads to different results.

"...the cultivation of the gu master is about deepening your understanding of the Dao... and the cultivation of the gu is about deepening its connection as a part of the Dao." Chen Wei declares these words as he holds a Rank 3 Blood Drop gu, which, like the Rank 2 one, is practically useless but which now for Chen Wei is of great value because it showed the way for him to finally succeed in his refining path.

Amid his thoughts, Chen Wei hears a knock on the door of his refining room. "Love, come to bed; it's late, and refining for so long straight will harm you!"

Chen Wei looks at the door of his refining room to see Wang Mei, who has her hands crossed over her chest as she speaks with a bossy attitude that he wouldn't have imagined she would have, but that she began to show after they got married.

"Okay, okay, today was a great day, so it's no problem to go to bed early." Chen Wei goes to the door and caresses the girl's head, who tries to seem intimidating but with her short height and cute face, it's somewhat laughable, like a hamster trying to scare someone.

He goes towards their room accompanied by her, thinking about the decision he made the day after their wedding.

This decision consists, for the time being, in continuing to act as if he didn't know anything while trying to find out more about whether she knows about the novel and if she knows that he is another otherworldly demon like her.

And about trying to get rid of her, well, he doesn't want to do that, and even if he did, he couldn't because of the oath that will restrict him up to rank 5.

Well, there is also a practical, not emotional reason why he wants her close, and that reason is a theory of his. This theory is that the two of them being like this is part of the plan, not of Heavens Will, but of a Venerable, and as he assumes that if a Venerable wanted to kill him, he wouldn't need to do this kind of intrigue, he decided to make a risky bet and move forward with Wang Mei by his side.

Besides, the Venerable he thinks is possibly responsible for this, despite having Demon in his name, is one of the Venerables with the most honorable and fair attitude among them; this is, of course, Thieving Heaven, the most famous and powerful otherworldly demon this world has ever seen.

11