Chapter 35
252 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There wasn't much going on while we were waiting for the trip to the Familiar Forest and as the time rolled around for the trip, Sona texted me to tell me to come over to her.

"Anyone else coming?" I asked raising an eyebrow as I only saw Sona and Tsubaki and no one else in her peerage here. While Mami decided to turn in early as she was still on a rather strict school sleeping schedule.

Sona gave a wane smile before shaking her head and said flatly. "No, they all already received their own Familiar and with their duties as per the usual tomorrow, they opted to get rest rather than going through the entire following school day on but four or five hours of sleep."

At that, and knowing how much of a hardass Sona was about her peerage performing to their best level in all things in the the school. I knew she was probably right about her peerage members wanting to get proper as I was kinda a bum a bit in how I was living here, though I did contribute with my bounty funds.

"Alright, thank you for setting this up Sona," I said thankfully, making Sona smile with some pride before she clapped her hands softly together as she seemingly regathered her thoughts.

"You are welcome, Jake. But in reality, being able to get one over my rival was well worth possibly wasting this trip, if you cannot find an appropriate familiar in the time allotted to us that's fine, you can try to contract a youkai or something else back here on Earth perhaps." Sona mused making me raise an eyebrow before nodding and with a signal to her queen Sona had Tsubaki explain the familiar contract.

"The Familiar Contract is both akin to a Magicians Contract and not... Primarily the Familiar Contract is a soul-bound contract built to enlighten an entity with true sapience if they do not already have it, while also forging a bond of obedience with the familiar, and in turn the Familiar gains power from both the level of obedience they wholeheartedly have, along with the bond level they have with their master." Tsubaki explained and I raised an eyebrow as my magical intuition realized how potent these bindings were.

In mathematical or more scientific terms. The obedience level, multiplied by the affection shared by the master results in the emotional energy enhancing the familiar's natural stores of energy. 'It's rather interesting as it's another form of almost emotional magic akin to the miracles born of harvesting emotional energy from magical girls.' I mused before nodding in understanding as Tsubaki showed me how to create the Familiar binding magical glyph.

Sona checked her small wristwatch under her sleeve and she hummed and spoke out. "We have five more minutes until midnight. Let us get going so you may speak to the Familiar master, and we can try to get him to lead you to the area in which the better familiars are." She said and with a clear flex of her magical power a dense magical glyph formed under us that I easily recognized as a long-range teleportation sigil I had seen Serafall use rather often.

With a flash of light, we were teleported from Earth to the Familiar Forest in the Underworld. And my looking around the surrounding dense and dark forest was cut off as a loud voice rang out.

"Oh boy, you guys are prompt!" I looked over at the Familiar master who was a clear Pokemon rip-off as he dramatically twisted the brim of the hat behind his head and continued to speak excitedly." My name is Zatouji the Familiar Master and caretaker of the Familiar Forest! So young man, what kind of Familiar are you looking for as I know them all?!" 

I glanced at Sona who visibly took a breath to settle her nerves as she clearly wasn't so enthused about the spastic motions and manner of speech Zatouji used. But regardless I answered the master of the forest seriously as I had already considered what kind of Familiar I wanted.

"Uhm, preferably a Familiar with decent potential, a rather relaxed and easygoing temperament, and won't mind helping me with chores every once in a while?" I listed off the requirements and everyone looked at me weirdly.

"You don't want a hydra or super monster to fight with you?" Zatouji asked in confusion.

"You don't want a monster girl?" Tsubaki asked with some slight humor.

I lazily blinked at them both before retorting. "I am not Issei, and no. I much rather find something that fits me honestly." I said evenly. Hell, the more I thought about it. The more I realized that if I really wanted a familiar. I should just go to the Pokemon world and find a Pokemon that fits my needs.

"Well, that's a good thought process, young man!" Zatouji said proudly clapping his hands and then he coughed and spoke more seriously. "Alright, now the time is upon us. Let us enter the forest during the time we have, as the powerful monsters and other entities are resting that no one can contract." 

I raised an eyebrow at his wording of entities and I realized he must have meant Tiamat the dragon king who was supposed to be living here in the very magically dense forest of the Familiar Forest.

"Now, seeing as you want a steady and dependable Familiar who can help you out on tasks as a human magician... I have some suggestions if you wouldn't mind hearing?" Zatouji offered as we walked into the depths of the forest and I spoke in agreement to hear the guy out who literally lived and breathed familiars and actually dressed up as an overweight Ash Ketchum or 'Satouji'.

"For a servant class Familiar you would want them to have a humanoid form so they can interact with human objects and do chores that would require opposable thumbs... To say nothing of how humanoid beings are on average much more intelligent from the get-go. But if you desire the Familiar to be on a more combative basis then... Hmm, I suggest something on the more spiritual side of things like a youkai or lesser kami as the Shinto call them." He explained but as we continued a wet slapping noise rang out as we walked under some trees.

A loud groan of disgust rang out from behind us as the girls that were behind us were completely splattered in slightly glowing slime and I couldn't help but facepalm as they both moaned as their clothes were melted off their flesh leaving their bare bits exposed while Zatouji coughed and turned around obviously terrified of being accused of ogling Sona the sister of Serafall the Leviathan.

"Soooo I assume you don't want the slime as a Familiar?" Zatouji asked wryly as I used the Sitri water magic to pulled the globs of slime off Sona while Tsubaki with a blazing red flush used some conjured lightning to jolt the slime off her form so she could properly fry the bastard.

"No!" Both girls yelled while I handed Sona my blaze and Tsubaki my shirt so they could cover up a bit.

"Yeah... Let's just head back, fate has to get its laughs." I said with a wry smile as I shook my head. 'Sounds like going to Pokemon or another world to get a familiar on my own time would be for the best... Plus imagine some people's reaction to me bodying their own Pokemon in a fight."

I could imagine it. Going to fight Brock in a 'Pokemon battle', but instead of throwing a Squirtle or something into the arena to fight his massive Onix, I just jumped in and using my Sitri water magic bullied his Onix into depression after fighting weak Pokemon for so long...

So as Zatouji happily sent us off as Sona and Tsubaki refused to meet my eyes after being stripped and molested by a slime, I realized I still hadn't done my waifu summoning that came with my CYOA granted powers I inherited... And now with myself having a good bit of power and the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, I believed I was strong enough to survive an initial meeting with whoever I summoned.

"Maybe no familiar, but I can still use this night successfully," I muttered as I left the school after we quickly teleported back and the girls ran off to get cleaned off any remnants of the slime.

 

 

Next 15 chapters are on Patreon and Ko-fi
Hey if you like this and want daily uploads and to read early chapters please drop a tip in my Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/azazyel22926 or https://www.patre-on.com/Azazyel and your precious energy stones, it keeps me working on it.
My commission rate is 15$ per thousand words.

Azazyel

13