Chapter 40
242 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

DXD Vampires came in two main different breeds. First was the royal or noble vampires which included the Carmilla, Tepes, and other clans. They could survive under sunlight and didn't need as much blood to survive as their lesser brethren did. And just had a whole litany of powers that made their race fairly powerful all things considered.

Besides the noble vampire bloodlines that had their bloodlines carefully cared for, and enhanced over centuries to bring it up to the noble standard in which the bloodline would give the noble abilities to new sires. There were of course the lesser vampires which didn't have such a noble bloodline.

They were fast, strong, and could stick to walls... But that was about it, in terms of superhuman abilities. They were called the dregs or slaves of noble vampires for a good reason as they were so utterly their lesser that it wasn't a surprise that the arrogant and proud noble vampires looked at those lesser vampires with such disgust.

To say nothing of how the lesser vampires normally had, piss-poor control over their instincts and were the number one creature culled by church exorcists and other organizations that gladly slaughtered them for their own stupidity in overly hunting humanity for their desperate thirst.

The vampire enclave we took the mission to cull was some uppity lesser vampire close to a century of life and had enhanced his own bloodline a bit and was trying to build his vampire clan here in Japan outside of the iron grip the major vampire clans had in Europe, China, and America. But it seems that even if these vampires hadn't made too much of a stink yet, only snatching some people to make more vampires for the said enclave. 

The Youkai wanted them wiped out with there being a sizable bonus if we got rid of them within the day. Or at least just killed the blood sire or patriarch who was turning the snatched people into vampires.

Mami and I sat on the edge of a nearby building as we took in the Spa/Bathhouse that the vampire had turned into his base. Which was fairly smart, as the vampire could take the chance while people were relaxed in their bath to more easily hypnotize them.

"I will set up a boundary ward that will put any humans to sleep. Then the people with magical resistance inside there, will likely just be the vampires." I spoke as I drew out the Shinto Onmyoji star in the air and activated the five points of the star with the five elements to strengthen it and then a purple barrier surrounded the large spa house for a couple moments before fading from view.

"He didn't have any wards or anything to stop yours?" Mami asked with a raised eyebrow and I shook my head with my Mystic Eyes of Death Perception staring past my wards and not seeing any such magical curtain which would have been painfully obvious to my eyes.

We both jumped down from our building and entered the bathhouse with Mami summoning a couple of muskets into her hands while I got ready for battle by summoning a short sword made out of hardened and enhanced ice in my hands along with having a dozen plus ice spikes float behind me.

It wasn't long after we entered the bathhouse that we heard shouting and as we went deeper my lips twitched seeing three... Ladies working together to kick an adult man in the balls. Two girls worked together to hold up the man's legs in their arms while steel-like spikes from the ground bound the older vampire's hands to the ground, allowing the third woman to all but tap dance on the screaming vampire's crotch.

For a long moment, Mami and I just stared at the sight unable to take our eyes off the scene and then the leading ball kicker shook their tired legs as she looked over to me and I realized all three were seemingly triplets or something as only their hair was done up differently from the other as they had reddish tinged hair and blue eyes.

"Wait, she isn't wearing bondage leather? You guys aren't exorcists?" She said frowning and in response, I just flicked my hand and with the vampire already bound up in spiked chains he couldn't move to dodge the ice spike that flew from behind my back and with a loud cracking noise slammed home into his skull smashing the back of his head into the concrete and as the three lesser vampires gazed at their dead patriarch I snapped my fingers and the ice spike lodged in his skull exploded blowing the head into giblets across the room past the girls and my self.

"No. We are mercenaries... Now, move so we can claim the heart's blood from him. You are not a target." I said simply wanting to get out here, this was too damned weird honestly.

But the one who was the ball kicker held up her hands as she stood in front of the patriarch and spoke quickly seeing my ice spikes spin at how she cut me off. "Wait! We have two more of my sisters being held in bloodline-cursed chains as they made him mad! Can you please break the bloodline chains to let them go, we cannot break them at all. As it will make our own blood boil within your bodies!" 

My lips twitched hearing they were quintuplets but honestly... If I was a crazy vampire, I would also be tempted by quintuplets as the bond they shared could lead to interesting things after being turned into vampires. To say nothing of how the quintuplets would process blood at almost the same rates which would lead to the lead vampires' own blood purity growing greatly in potency steadily.

I nodded with a sigh. "Alright alright, I will help but don't go out hunting humans or something stupid... Or either way, people will happily come hunt you down for the bounty that will inevitably be put on your heads with all the wards that fill Japan watching everyone in the cities," I warned them and the three shared a look before nodding.

"My name is Nino, and these two are Ichika and Itsuki," Nino explained tiredly, and with things calmly down I could see the bone-deep exhaustion in their frames and how they were shivering and barely standing up.

'Blood sire death. They are weakening with their bloodline link breaking, to say nothing of how they had betrayed him with non-lethal intent.' I thought before nodding and saying quickly. "Alright girls, lead the way to your sisters and I will break the chains." 

Nino was clearly putting on a strong face, but the other two in Ichika and Itsuki had to hold onto one another as we walked past the happily sleeping humans in the hallways as we walked deeper into the bathhouse to free the last two of the quintuplets.

 

 

Next 15 chapters are on Patreon and Ko-fi
Hey if you like this and want daily uploads and to read early chapters please drop a tip in my Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/azazyel22926 or https://www.patre-on.com/Azazyel and your precious energy stones, it keeps me working on it.
My commission rate is 15$ per thousand words.

Azazyel

12