Chapter 5 : Second Miracle
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Well now hold on for a second' Mikhail thought. He stunned for a second, the corner of his mouth is slowly raising upward, his body trembling and his hand is clenching so hard it's gone white. His body slowly bending, curling toward his stomach and then throwing his body and arms straight. The wide smile on his face, the laughter that come out as half giggling half shouting made him looks like a deranged man, or deranged child.

"Wooohoooo~ f*ck yeah...." it's the loudest shout he'd ever do in his entire two lives.

He's bending his body forward again before throwing it to the back doing a backflip, and he's succeded in his first try.

"Hell yeah, that's the third miracle" the excitement that Mikhail had would not going away soon.

"My path of invincibility is paved with diamond crusted diamond" well that's seems over the top.

His act was within reasonable range. While he was happy, he was not surprised. He was expecting some kind of reincarnation privilege would come sooner or later. But the waiting time is too long from Mikhail expectation that he thought he would get none. Now that he had one, Mikhail's achievement would be as high as the system allowed.

"Now, Multiversal Market was it? System..." Mikhail shouting to an empty space.

"System open, multiversal market, market open" something react with the last word Mikhail said.

"Oohhh..." Mikhail intrigued on the thing he faced.

What presented before him was an ivory white interface with a word tutorial in it. He was not sure, should he click it or just using his mind to do it. For now, Mikhail just want to try to touch it. Mikhail point his finger to the prompt box and it just start to do the tutorial like many application does. It feels weird for Mikhail to "touch" something while there is no sense of touching the thing he touch. He would try navigate the rest of the tutorial with his mind.

The tutorial was very short, it's only showing where to buy, where to sell and activity log. It doesn't seems to give any more information and let the user explore it by themself. It doesn't bother Mikhail, he had a long time ahead of him. A short few hours to figuring out how his system works won't hurt nobody.

He went to the buy section. Immediately, an absurd amount of item pop out as if thousand of people submitting item for sale every second. Mikhail can't perceive what item is on the sale because something new always added and watching the list is like scrolling past terms and agreement section. Mikhail looking at something in the interface that can stop these faster-than-speedlight item entry. Immediately, he found something that might be helping his problem.

"Okay, sort by... type, price, universe..?! Universe? Is that what i think it is? I can buy things from other universe??" Mikhail expressing his perplexion and shock, and then slapping his forehead.

"Of course it is, multiversal market, how silly of me" Mikhail revel with his own little blunder.

Immediately, he's directing his mind into sort by universe and then plethora of familiar words sorting out in the list. Countless title of story that some Mikhail recognize and some that unknown to him. Some of them even made Mikhail think what would be the thing he needs from that universe.

"Even from that? What i'm going to buy? Bear hunny and donkey tail?" Mikhail rhetorically retort to the unresponsive lifeless precious system.

Mikhail just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that some of the universe that presented before his eye are some of the famous kids animation shows. He was surprised by the amount of titles that he could recognize. At some point, Mikhail was shocked with the fact that this universe exist in this store and then confused.

"If this store... multiverse... sell... lucky guy???" Mikhail seems can't decide what to feel to the person who end up in that universe.

After some scrolling, Mikhail also finding some title that somewhat familiar yet can't really remember what is it about. When his brain conjure some scene that he remember from that title, it immediately invoke jealosy in Mikhail deepest heart.

"Che, lucky guy..." the sound of great envy escapes from Mikhail's mouth.

"...or poor girl?? or lucky girl and poor guy? you just can't really know with the genre they're involved" once again Mikhail was confused by his own thinking.

Mikhail decides to ignore the last distraction and continue to scrolling around. Familiar titles keep showing up as he browse the list and he tempted to click at least one of them. One of the title had the attention from Mikhail as it the first one to have a list inside a list.

"Parallel earth, i wonder what is it?" Mikhail moving his sight to it and expansive of titles popping trough.

Many of them were movies that Mikhail used to watch maybe once or twice. He verifying it again by scrolling trough the the massive amount of list. One of the thing he noticed that most of them have similarities where every movie he recognize is either based on real stories or a narrative with no fantasy or sci-fi element in it. What makes him wonder is why would it be separated by titles if whatever they sell would be just about the same anyway, he never knows.

For now, he just clicked on one of the popular movie he'd been watching before death knocking on his door. Immedieately, the list stop popping up new item like a bubble foaming from a shaken soda. The item that appears in Mikhail eyes were all guns, ammunition and explosive. Mikhail faintly remembers that some of this weapon were used by the protagonist, especially that long rectangle-like shotgun. What he don't know, that almost everything that sold in this section were the weapon that Baba Yaga use.

Mikhail selected that one shotgun in the list. The item detail showed in card-like style with item name on the top, a full 3D rotateable image below it and a box of information about the item below it.

"Kel-Tec KSG huh, so that's the name..." Mikhail silently musing to himself.

The list of weapon specification written in the item description. The weapon type, weight, length, caliber and sort of details that Mikhail sort of understand. At the bottom of the weapon detail, there is a separate box that has something written in it.

[Seller Input : ]

[This is brand new gun. If you looking for the one that used by John, go to the collector section. If you can't find it then you're a new user. Complete some sales and buy the advanced tutorial book that pop up in the most popular list.]

Unexpected information appear before Mikhail's eyes. It appears that there is shortcut for figuring out the whole system. Supposedly there is also some locked features to be opened after completing some sales. That is one step further for Mikhail to figuring out the system by himself.

Before he move into the next objective, he noticed a number with a white dotted irregular black stone in the bottom right corner of the cards.

"6 gem shards, how much is that?" Mikhail stroking his imaginary beard on his chin guessing the value of the shards, and possibly a complete gem.

Pondering this question won't simply generate answer for Mikhail so he gone to the next section of the market, selling.

Interface that mostly a blank spaces showing in Mikhail sight. There is only two option, sell and sold. For now, he would try to sell something to gauge how much a gem shard worth. It might take days to figure it out, but at least he was one step forward.

"Place the item you want to sell in your view and select it..." Mikhail voicing out the instruction that appears in the interface.

Mikhail randomly select a tree in front of him to be a test subject.

[Scanning item...]

[Scanning Complete]

[Dark Eucalyptus Tree]

[20 years old Eucalyptus tree. Hardwood timber type. Containing essential oil that used as bug repellant. Unfit for human consumption]

A short introduction of the tree appeared in Mikhail, after that follows the dimension of the tree like height, weight and volume. The bottom right of the item card showing the worth of the item.

"One gem shard, so the system decides the price of the item sold" Mikhail slowly grasping how system works as he figuring out the currency worth.

Mikhail proceeds to cancel the item selling, worrying of what level of commotion would happen if a big tree silently missing, uprooted inside the village. He decides to go to the last section of the market as he's standing in the same spot for too long it's starting to get awkward. If someone saw him standing there staring at empty space and making expression, they would thought that he might have someting wrong going on inside his head.

The log or history was pretty much straightforward, it tracks his activity on the system. He was scrolling from the latest to the earliest activity and see the first activity log.

[User in contact with the Universe Core]

[Market rebooting...]

"Ahhh, so that's the sound i heard when i meditate..."

1