Chapter 12 – Prince Eloe
64 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I came back to my sisters, I found Lina telling Seela about what happened this morning.

Most specifically, about the puppy we rescued.

I felt Vanessa stiffening behind me. She must be thinking about how the puppy was an attempt to kill me.

After hearing the story, Seela put on an amused expression.

“It looks like my cutest brother’s fondness for animals has not faded yet.” She said while rubbing my hair.

I felt slightly embarrassed as well as exasperated seeing her treating me like a child.

Is this how Lina feels when I tease her?

Nah, surely not.

She must love it.

“Stop teasing me, sister. And it’s just that I can’t ignore it when I see something like that happening.”

“Right, you have always had a strong sense of justice.” She giggled.

I smiled wryly and did not deny it.

It’s the natural result of my ability.

When you have the ability to see the future as I do, and you know that if you don’t intervene, a tragedy may happen, it’s natural to act to stop it.

Plus, I have seen the result of ignoring my premonitions.

I don’t want to live something like that again.

Just at that moment, we felt someone approaching.

A handsome young man around our age, with platinum hair, blue eyes, and a confident stride walked toward us.

I recognized him immediately. He was one of the students admitted to Central Academy this year.

At the same time, he was one of the sons of the current king of the Sylver Dynasty.

The third prince of the Sylver Dynasty, Eloe Sylver.

He was being followed by a boy and a girl. Both of them wearing the uniform of Central Academy, most likely seniors.

As soon as he reached us, my sisters curtsied, and I bowed slightly.

“We greet the third prince.” Seela greeted him respectfully.

“At ease. You don’t need to do this, we are equal in the academy.” He said with a smile.

We nodded gratefully, but we still kept a respectful posture.

Although it’s true that this place doesn’t care about status, you can’t know what a prince is thinking.

There is no need to risk gaining his animosity by acting too casually.

“What brings you here, prince?” My big sister asked.

“I just wanted to greet the family of Earl Steerl. I have heard a lot about the Diamond Sword, the Platinum Sword Princess, and the wise son of the earl.”

Wise son? Really?

Was that the best you could come with?

I stopped my eye from twitching and returned the flattery.

“I heard that the third prince is a great prodigy in the way of Knights. Seeing you here, it looks like it’s true.”

The prince chuckled.

“I can’t compare to the children of the earl. Miss Seela has been first in her class since she was admitted, and Miss Lina was a couple of places above me in the entrance ranking. Of course, we can’t forget young master Linsley, who despite his illness, still managed to get into such a competitive place.”

I could not help but raise an eyebrow.

Amazing.

This guy is really good at flattery.

“You overpraise us, prince,” Seela replied calmly. “I’m sure your performance here won’t be inferior to anyone else.”

The prince smiled softly, seemingly pleased by the compliment.

He then looked at Lina and me.

“Miss Lina, Young master Linsley, we will be classmates during the next three years. I hope we can get along.”

“Likewise.”

“I’m sure we will.”

“That is good.” He chuckled. “I would like to continue the conversation, but there are other people I need to greet. By the way, if you need help with anything in the future, you can come to me. I’ll be happy to help.”

After these words, the prince walked away.

When he was gone, my sister sighed.

“What do you think?”

“He smells of ambition. His intention to pull us into his camp was too obvious.” Lina replied.

I chuckled and nodded.

“It’s natural. The current king is close to the age of retirement, but he has not announced the next king yet. Prince Eloe is talented enough to be admitted to Central Academy. It would be strange if he is not ambitious.”

“I guess that is true.” Seela smiled wryly. “Try not to become too close to him. Our father has not shown support to any of the princes. If someone sees us too close to the third prince, they may think that our family has sided with him.”

“I know, sis.”

“Understood.”

Lina and I agreed.

I thought it was better this way. Honestly, I don’t want to have to deal with politics.

I already have a lot on my plate to get myself involved in that kind of mess.

After the prince, a couple of people came to greet us, but I barely paid them any mind. Instead, I leaned against a pillar and closed my eyes to rest.

I had seen the future four times today already, so I was feeling a bit tired.

My two sisters soon noticed it.

“If you are feeling tired, we can leave. Anyway, there is nothing important after this. We can have lunch outside.”

“Are you sure? The party is just halfway.”

“I don't really care.” Lina grinned. “I don't know anyone here anyway.”

I smiled gratefully.

“Thank you, Lina. Also, big sis, can you show us our residence after lunch? I want to rest a bit.”

“I was planning to do that from the start. I wanted to give you a tour around the campus too, but if you are feeling tired, we can do it another day.”

“Sorry about that, sister.”

“It’s not a problem, Linsley. Your health comes first. But there is something you must do today.”

“Huh?”

“You must see a doctor.” Seela showed a scary smile.

I stiffened and looked at Vanessa.

When did you tell my sister?

Vanessa met my gaze with a smiling expression.

“Is anything wrong, young master?”

“No, nothing.”

It seems like I can’t avoid seeing the doctor today.

3