Chapter 1: Emperor Frederick
43 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“-” - Talking 

‘-’ - Thoughts

Chapter 1~

It's been a few days since he went to the game center for the upcoming RTS game, he was honestly feeling excited that he couldn't contain his smile. 

“Man! When is that game about to come out! I do hope I get picked.” He went towards the mirror and fixed his hair and eventually wore his glasses due to him being near-sighted. 

He began to wear his uniform, and after a while he finished eating his breakfast and went towards the school. 

While walking towards the school, he looked at his phone. It was a smartphone and he had some messages from his friend James.

‘What the heck? 2 Messages.’ He was looking at James' messages and it said.

Help!

I forgot to bring my Lunchbox!

‘Honestly, how do you even forget about those essentials?’ 

He was just surprised, despite him being all rounder and athletic. He sometimes has memories of a goldfish. 

“Seriously, I really need to talk to him about this kind of stuff.”

He went towards his apartment where in front of the door there was a rugged, and he flipped it where he saw the key and grabbed it. It was James' key to his apartment.

“Again, James, stop putting your key under the rug!” He just sighs and opens the door and what greeted him was a dark area, until turning on the lights and saw the Lunchbox. 

“Here you go.” He grabs the lunchbox and continues his way at the school, while locking the door behind and grabbing the keys in his bag for the time being.

Outside the apartment you could see James running back at the apartment, where he saw Frederick holding his lunchbox.

“Ah! There it is! Thanks Frederick!” James shouted as he ran towards him, and about to hug him as thanks.

Frederick just took a side step, and avoided him. James hit the floor with his face first. “Stop being annoying and take it already.” Frederick then gave him his lunchbox.

“Thank you!” He answered but it was muffled but he just raised his arms and made a thumbs up.

While the two are going towards the school together, Frederick notices the game center again, and the event has already closed down and there's still no news regarding the game.

‘I should really stop thinking too much about it.’ 

… Hours Later…

‘I can't stop thinking about it.’

His head is just face planted at the cold table of the canteen, while James is eating all the food from his lunchbox while Frederick is just eating a burger.

“Now what happened to you?” James asks.

“Game, Excited, Me can't contain, Me wanted Content.” Frederick answered in a gibberish way.

“Okay that is serious, you became a modern caveman.”

“Modern Caveman, what a term and also fits me now. Damnit.” He just sighs as he slowly straightens himself.

“THE COLLEGE GODDESS IS HERE!” Shouted by the student.

“College Goddess?” Frederick asks.

“Oh right, you don't keep track of IRL news.”

“Hey! Don't reveal it to everyone like that.” Frederick answered.

James chuckled, as both of them are like brothers already except both of them in terms of appearance are like comparing a model to an average dude, and the average dude is Frederick.

Frederick then looks at the Goddess College that everyone is looking about, and they weren't exactly wrong, but it's a bit exaggerated.

“So that's the college Goddess? Seems pretty normal to me.” Frederick remarks.

“Ouch, if they heard you say that her fanatic fans might murder you.”

“Oh I'm sorry, that I'm just giving my own opinion that apparently hurts your feelings! Oh boohoo, go cry on a river or something.” Frederick mockingly answered it, while James chuckled as usual.

“So her name?” Frederick asks.

“Her name is Nia Villanelle.”

‘Nia Villanelle, her overall looks are indeed incredible, her Pinkish hair and blue eyes accompanied by her sailor school uniform, and with a skirt that is around her knees does indeed make her stand out, but nonetheless I'm not interested one bit.’

Frederick took 1 giant bite on the burger and swallowed it whole, while gallantly cleaning his mouth with a tissue.

“Dude, calm down with the burgers.” James stated.

“Never!” He answered back.

“Man, you really aren't attracted too much to any companion or relationship?”

“Not really, it's more of it's not the time for now.”

“So planning to be a virgin?” James answered with a smirk on his face.

“Eh, what's so cool about being too attached to Social constructs? Well, probably a lot of things are social constructs, but really you're going to be that far?” Frederick added. 

“Yes of course!”

“Of course you do.” Frederick chuckled as well.

“Anyway, it seems your Girlfriends are eating for you as well.”

“Hey! Don't treat me like a playboy!” James was embarrassed.

“Of course I don't Harem boy now go get 'em!” Frederick encourages him, but James is just embarrassed as hell.

James then went towards 3 of her Girl Friends, while Frederick looked at his wrist watch.

“Well considering we don’t have any more class subjects this afternoon I should probably go home now.” He then raised his hands in the air as he stretched and he could hear some of the parts of his body pop.

“Ah that felt better!” 

Frederick plans to return home for the time being, and use his free time to play some games along the way.

But on the other hand, Nia Villanelle is looking at Frederick. “Isn't he that student as well?” 

Frederick went home, took him some time to reach back but he was excited to play some games, until he could see a box in front of his front door. 

His eyes sparkled like stars, he couldn't believe his eyes. “Is that it!?” He quickly opens the door of his apartment, and grabs the package with a letter above it.

He locks the door behind him, and throws his shoes inside for the time being without organizing them.

He quickly went to his living room, and opened the package with the letter on it. 

“The letter! It's finally here!”

[ If you are reading a letter it means you're one of the few participants that's been selected to play test our game! We have provided you with the Game and its necessary stuff! By Ascensionis ]

“It's finally here!”

He opened the package and he saw it was a headgear, a VR headgear he couldn't believe it, he got a free Virtual Reality Headgear.

“Oh Mein Gott, This must be my early Christmas present.” He shouted, as he then went to the manual instruction and slowly set up the VR.

“A powered battery Headgear, now that is something.” He then tried the headgear and he lay down on the couch.

“Ascensionis Connect!” He shouted, as this was the command to start the game.

He saw multiple particles and he couldn't believe the technology of the VR. He was currently in a white void, and finally the entire thing was rendered into a full Virtual world where it felt real and everything.

He spawns in a corridor and he sees a Metal steel door that can be open.

[ Please Step into the Door ]

He stepped into the door, and it opened from the top and bottom and he was greeted by something beautiful.

“Welcome Emperor Frederick! My name is General Xyna of the 15th Fleet Armada under the name of Emperor Frederick!” Xyna was a general, and she was quite tall as well, probably 6 centimeters taller than Frederick who is only 176 cm tall. 

‘General Xyna, beautiful designs, futuristic uniforms and on top of it all, her designs are just way too good, her striking lilac hair, with a complete magenta eye color, and with a powerful atmosphere around her.’

‘To think they got my name right away? Probably the name is coded since they delivered it to me for a full time experience like command.’

“Your Majesty, you are in a tutorial stage of simulation, please command us to fight against those Pirates that are roaming around our system, they are bringing harm towards our Generator Dyson Sphere.” 

“Oh! Throwing me right in front of a battle tutorial!? Bring it on!” He shouted as he was fired up.

“Then lead us into battle, we are using Astarte Class, which is a Fortress ship!”

“Astarte Class huh, which means.” He then looked around, and it felt so real. 

“General Xyna, may I test something, give me your hand.”

“Sure your Majesty.” Xyna reaches out her hand.

Frederick then grabs it without a second thought, and he was surprised at how real it was. “So I'm not imagining it, this is the next generation of games, it's so real and beautiful.” 

“Your Majesty?” Xyna is confused.

“I'm sorry, General, ahem! Tell me more about the details.”

“Understood! We also have 4 Frigate Classes that are escorting us! Use us wisely Majesty!” 

“General Xyna, give me the brief specification of the Astarte and 4 Frigates.”

“Yes your Majesty!” 

[ Astarte Class Fortress Ships ]

Size: Earth Moon Size

A Moon size ship that is capable of defending a single planet on itself, with multiple weapon types.

Heavy Armor

Defensive Aegis Shield

Gravitational Weapon

Laser Weapons 

Kinetic Weapons

Anti-Matter Missiles 

[ Frigate Class Type III ]

Size: Mountain Earth

Light Armor

Light Aegis Shield 

Kinetic Weapon

Laser Weapon

“How many pirates are in the system, General Xyna?”

“There are 10 Pirates that are considered to be a Frigate class, they're harassing the convoys of the Planet System 201, and disturbing the Dyson Sphere.

“Thanks for the information General, then let us proceed with the tutorial!”

He was then shown a hologram is a massive Map with multiple sectors, like a tabletop game from battleships except he can move them without a turn, rather it's a real time movement.

‘I see, this must be the beginner or brief showcase of defending/attacking a fleet.’

‘Then shall I try that tactic?’

“General, what's the range of our weapons?”

“Our laser-based weapons are ready to intercept them, your Majesty.”

He looks at the pirates and they're now moving in a single straight line and planning to fight us head on.

“Why in a single straight line? That's a bit stupid in my opinion.”

“All Frigates, fire the Laser weapon.”

“YOUR ORDERS ARE ABSOLUTE YOUR MAJESTY!” Said by the Commanders of the Frigates.

The Frigates began to fire their laser based weapons and it was so fast that it's the speed of light, but it was deflected by their shield.

“So they have a shield as well, now then keep firing until they yield with their shields.” 

“YES YOUR MAJESTY!”

Xyna on the other hand, was looking at the New emperor and her first opinion about him, that he was calm and he was smiling, and she felt a sense of relief that someone like him is exploring all the details first.

The Frigates Type III are now firing their laser Weapons but they kept being deflected by the shields, but the pirates fired back their own as well, and the Type III frigates blocked the incoming laser based weapons with ease.

“I can't see their HP, or my own HP, then it means the system of damage in this game is rather realistic part if we don't have a bridge then we don't have any command, so me being safe is the highest priority.”

“That is correct, your Majesty!” Xyna answered

“So you can talk to me with ease? What an advance A.I”

Frederick then looks at the bridge and sees the holograms of the ships with their shields is slowly being drained.

“Your Majesty, our shields are about to reach its limit before turning offline.” Said by the commander of the Type III.

“Report received.” Frederick then reads the contents of his weapons and he sees the thing that can win him.

“All Frigates, keep firing.”

“General Xyna, Push the Astarte in the front.”

“Your Majesty!?” 

“From what I read, Astarte is a fortress ship, then it means it can take a beating right?”

“Yes.”

“Then good, all Frigates proceed to retreat and use the Flagship as the cover. I will take the lead from now on.”

The Astarte began to move, as the Humongous flagship is now moving as the pirates didn't expect their flagship to move and the worst part it's now taking the spearhead formation.

“All weapons are now in range!”

“Good! Fire the Gravitational Cannon.” Frederick shouted.

“Firing Gravitational Cannon in 3 seconds.” The Command stated throughout the entire ship.

3

2

1

In front of the bow of the Astarte was a massive weapon and fired a powerful artificial black hole that began to attract every matter on its way along with Astarte.

The Pirates frigates are being pulled in the middle, and their shields are being ripped apart. 

The Pirates are now in disarray due to Astarte firing a Black Hole, but it's only an artificial and it will only last for a minute. 

“The Gravitational Pull is affecting our ship, your Majesty!”

While the pirates are now being clustered into a single area.

“All Ships, fire their weapons and unleash everything you have at them.”

“Yes your Majesty!” The commanders shouted.

“Your Orders shall be done for the EMPEROR!” Shouted by the entire officers of the bridge, and began to fire all laser base and kinetic base weapons.

“Prepare to launch the Anti-Matter missile, fire it the moment the shields have been collapsed.

The laser weapons are tearing the shields of the pirates with ease, along with the black hole that is ripping them apart.

“The Artificial Black Hole is about to collapse in 5 seconds!”

4

3

2

1

“COLLAPSE!” 

“Now!” Frederick shouted.

The pirates slowly regain their control, but it was too late they saw multiple kinetic Weapons, but the first impact was the Laser weapons which disintegrated their shields, as the kinetic Weapon made an impact it shattered their armor as the fragments could be seen from the skies and making a dent around them.

The Pirates are being caught in flames, but the moment their visions have been cleared it was too late. They saw a missile coming towards them directly at their bridge which exploded and destroyed everything. They lost control of the entire ships which knocked them out of the battlefield immediately.

“The Pirates are now retreating, your Majesty. We have won this battle.” Xyna relayed the information.

But Frederick on the other hand, was happy he can’t help that this game is just too good to be true.

“Pursue the remaining Pirates, don’t let them escape, shoot their thrusters to immobilize them.”

Xyna on the other hand is astonished, she didn't expect Frederick to actually continue to pursue them.

“YES MY EMPEROR!” Xyna smiled like a devil, as the remaining Type III frigates began to fire them down and destroyed their thrusters which immobilized them.

While the Astarte then fired its own weapon and they slowly decimated the entire Pirates, they spared no one. 

While Frederick walks upon at the window of the bridge. “This game is fun.” He smiled.

While looking at the tutorial stage and smiling upon the destruction of the pirates.

Then suddenly the entire world began to turn into a blank void. 

“Woah it seems the demo is over, but holy that game is too awesome!”

But suddenly, he saw Xyna who was in front of him. She then kneels in front of him.

“Xyna?”

“I applaud your actions, My Emperor. Let me be humbled and reveal the truth of this tutorial, I welcome you as the New Emperor of the Ascensionis Empire of this Galaxy! We are your loyal Servants, and Generals and we shall obey your command, Emperor Frederick Hohenzollern!” 

Chapter 1 End~

1