Chapter 2: Emperor’s Caution
33 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“-” Talking

‘-’ Thoughts 

Prologue of Chapter 2~

General Xyna drops down into the floor and kneels with one foot along with her knees bent down, as a sign of respect for the New Emperor.

“Huh? This must be the epilogue of the game.” Frederick was caught off guard but being called an emperor just makes him blushed out of excitement.

“We are your Loyal Servants oh great Emperor!” Xyna once more clarified.

“So this must be a bug then? Log out!?”

“Hello, can anyone hear me? Is this VR working?”

“Forgive me for surprising you, oh! Great Emperor, this isn't a bug.”

“What do you mean by a bug?” Frederick then turns to look at Xyna who answered him without a single buffering or even processing, it was instant.

“What do you mean by that?” Frederick asks with a slight terrified voice.

“This is the truth, and you are the candidate that won to become the new Emperor of the Ascensionis Empire.”

“Just hold on for a minute, what is happening?”

“Just like I said, you're the new emperor that's been chosen. This entire thing is a test for the new Emperor and you executed it very well.”

“This must be a dream, how could this be?” Frederick just looked around and started to wander everywhere but everything was a white void.

“This is the truth, your Majesty Frederick.”

Frederick then sat down in the white void, as his knees felt weak if she's telling the truth. He feels multiple emotions and Xyna is just waiting for him to respond.

“Is there any way I can refuse this?” Frederick asks for the options.

“Yes, but once this happens you will be remove of your memories on what happened today and you wouldn't be able to interact with us anymore as this is only a single time, if it happens again then you refuse once more your brain would collapse due to the interference of wave length that's transferring into your brain.”

“So I can refuse once, but not twice if that's what I am able to understand.”

“Yes…” Xyna felt conflicted but as the New Emperor that's been chosen he can say no, but at the same time her expectation on him is high, and even perhaps higher than anyone.

Frederick could see Xyna trembling a little, despite a stoic answer and an unwavering voice.

‘Me? Being an emperor, what am I even supposed to know?’

“Then, what's the benefit of me being an Emperor?” 

Xyna's eyes were filled with hope. Xyna then stood up and looked at the Emperor.

“Being an Emperor gives you tons of Authority, you have the second Highest Authority of the Ascensionis, the one with the highest would be the TRUE Emperor that's been Acknowledged by the Twelve Apostles.”

“Then how big is the Ascensionis Empire?”

“Ascensionis Empire is powerful enough to own the Galaxy, or in Earth’s term the Milky Way galaxy, and according to the Kardashev Scale, the Ascensionis Empire would be a Type 3 Civilization.”

“A Type 3 Civilization, what the hell? You guys could make an Artificial Black hole and even a Moon size ship, now I can totally believe now on what happened today, and the ship must be a simulation of the real battle then.”

“My intuition is correct, we are blessed with an Emperor that's capable of adapting to the current situation.” Xyna was smiling.

“Then, the Q&A was just the first phase of the test, and this simulation is the final test isn't it?”

“You're absolutely correct, among 200 participants you are one of the best candidates that was able to answer all the most logical questions outside your planet.”

“With the extra questions from those papers, I will encounter those types of situations in the future if I become a new emperor.”

“Yes, your Majesty.” 

“Then Earth is safe?”

“For now, yes, but thousands of years in the future there might be no more earth.”

“Then those infections are a type of parasitic invasive species then?”

“Yes, they are a parasite and we call them the Zygrath Species, first known as the Void creatures that consume Cosmic stars.”

“If that was the case, then why have we fought a Pirate instead of those creatures?” He asks once more.

“For a Monster that’s invading your homeland it's only natural for you to protect it, but if it's from the same species that's waging war within each other would you have the same mindset to do what must be done?” Xyna answered, as they take the whole simulation into a psychological warfare.

“You got a point, I don't know much about real warfare, but I have been told that I have a strong mindset, I’ll handle them on my own, alright General Xyna would you be my friend to teach me the entire Ascensionis and its objective.”

“Then are you saying you would accept the offer?”

“I mean, some people would immediately say yes. For me I'm just being cautious about it but after hearing everything, I have nothing to lose when I accept it then I will fulfill it as the New Emperor of the Empire of Ascensionis.” Frederick reaches out his hand towards Xyna, who she gladly accepted.

“Then as a ceremony for accepting to become the new Emperor.” Xyna then places his hand near her face and she kisses his hand as the Mark of the birth of the New Emperor has been crowned announcing it throughout the whole Empire, along with its subjects.

“I am General Xyna of the Ascensionis Empire of the 15th Armada! I welcome the New Emperor!” Xyna shouted, her voice echoed throughout the entire ship her eyes began to glow.

[ Emperor Frederick Hohenzollern you have been granted to become the New Emperor of Ascensionis! I am the First Apostle Arcadia, and I am the Guardian sector of 1. ] 

“Arcadia?”

“The First Apostle Arcadia built by the True Emperor, it is said Arcadia’s power is the power of Mind.”

“So intelligence, and probably illusions as well?”

“Yes, your Majesty.” Xyna answered him.

“How many apostles are there?”

“Currently there's only Twelve of them.”

“How many sectors are there in the Galaxy?”

“There are twelve of them as well.”

“I'm just gonna guess that each Apostle is assigned to each sector?”

[ That is correct your Majesty ] Arcadia answered him.

“I see, then is that all for today?” 

“Yes your Majesty, as you still have a Human body you need constant rest and such, but in the future we shall reshape your body to the Ascensionis Empire as an Emperor.”

“So I'm about to lose my Humanity?”

“Not entirely, if you want to.” Xyna added.

“If you don't have any more questions, we shall proceed to answer them more tomorrow on Earth's day. Your safety is our priority after all.” 

“Oh yeah, one important Question?”

“?”

“What's the Average lifespan of Ascensionis?”

“That would be 80,000 Earth Years.”

“That's a very long time.”

“Age can also be increased with our current technology, aging has now been combated with the process of making powerful and stronger cells inside our body making our combat at its Prime at always.” 

“So with that kind of technology how many years would be extended?”

“A possible age, it would probably be like an Immortal, we don't age as our cells are gradually getting stronger and producing a new one to combat the older and weaker ones, as such any sickness that we would retain would be eliminated.”

“Then that's all the questions I needed to be answered, thank you for answering it General Xyna.”

“Yes your Majesty!” 

“So how do I log out?”

“Please Hold on, and forgive me for trapping your mind in this world. This is just a process of either removing your memories or becoming the new Emperor.” Xyna approaches Frederick right in front of him.

She was very close already, she then grabbed Frederick’s head gently and placed her forehead into him.

Frederick blushes, but at the same time it felt very comfortable. He then slowly descended into darkness and finally collapsed into the ground.

“We are waiting for your Arrival, your Majesty Frederick.”

Frederick barely heard her anymore due to his eardrums succumbing into the void and finally being forced to wake up inside the VR.

Frederick's eyes began to twitch and he opened them right away he could feel everything was back to normal.

“Is that a dream or what?” He then looks at his arm, and it wasn't a dream the brand of the Emperor is now on his hand.

“Guess not… To think I would become an Emperor just by answering and doing good at RTS life sure do find its way to entertain them.” He just chuckled as he felt tired from the conversation alone.

Xyna on the other hand, opened her eyes and she was greeted by her subordinates. “Congratulations General, it seems Emperor Frederick had accepted the offer to become the Emperor.” She said while clapping her hands, She was quite tall as well, perhaps almost the same height as Frederick, she has a shorter Green hair, and blue eyes, and this time she also has a uniform that is similar to Xyna. Her name is Quincy, the First in Command of the Astarte Class.

“Yes he did, but I'm not able to persuade him; rather he's the one who confirmed to me about the entire thing which finally accepted the decision for him to become the next Emperor.”

“Our Majesty seems to be a cautious one, a great future is now settled in front of us. Now when he accepted the offer, what did you see in the future?” Quincy asks, as she reveals the power of Xyna.

“Our Majesty, it seems we are indeed in the greatest Golden Age of the Empire.” Xyna answered.

But in Xyna's real future what she saw was something different, she saw herself standing in the giant Cathedral and her set of clothes are far different from a military uniform rather it was a pleasant and possibly the best future that she had seen.

“I see, then we must support our Majesty at all costs.” Quincy answered with a firm decision.

Outside the Astarte, far from the solar system a hidden danger has been lurking.

… 

Frederick goes outside his apartment with his glasses on, he sees the skies. It was already dark, and cloudy at night.

“Oh, how long was I inside the VR?” He asked, and it was a very very long time.

“That felt so quick, and so fun of an experience.” He grabbed at railings and he could feel his hand squeezing the railing as hard as he could, he was excited.

“I wonder what’s going to happen now in the future?” 

“Possible suspect, Male, height 176 cm, Age 18, Name: Frederick Hohenzollern.”

“Good work Agent Villanelle, proceed with Phase 2 you must learn about the target and that box inside it, we need to find out what kind of organization that we are dealing with.”

“Understood Overlord.” Nia Villanelle answered through the ear piece, as she was watching the movement of Frederick from the distance.

“From all of the research we just did, we found nothing. You are an Orphan who survives through adapting to your situations, now how did you manage to make contact with a shady organization Frederick?” 

End of Chapter 2~

1