Chapter 15: Nyext stop Utor!
95 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nap time over and my arm is worse for wear, the kinks in it are now thoroughly Keeks shaped. It was really nice though, just to stop, exhausted again, like being in the match of a life. Life and death, survival, all that blood pumping and just.. stopping, all that energy and everything so that you can just collapse, stop thinking.

We walk back down the trail after a fond farewell to the Wolves, getting more footage to show Zelia when I eventually log out. We're both in a good mood, comrades in arms, loot gotten and levels acquired. 

"Hey Keeks, what of the rewards did you take moo?" She gave me so much of the stuff, I might have killed it off in the end but still.. I feel a bit bad.

She throws her hands wide "Monneeeeyyyyyy, it dropped like 5000g's so I just grabbed that. Seems like those bones and things are going to be more your style, though if something drops a gun, oohhh baby that's mine Nye!" she smiles and mimics a big ass gun on her shoulder, i can imagine her with reflector glasses on saying 'hastalavista babby!' while shooting a big ass rocket launcher, I start laughing and pat her gently on the head.

"Aahhh.. I'm surprised I didn't die to that boney bastard, that was one absolute monster moo.."

"If that's what they are throwing at us now I can only imagine the horrors later! I might be a brave kitty but I'm not that brave, might need some hand holding.. Or just squeeze me deep in that chest so I'm safe and content nyehe" She looks up at me and makes little grabby motions with a big dirty grin on her face.

The entrance to the town is ahead so we start planning, and by planning I mean hyping up about things we should get with the gear. I really want a helmet, something sexy to match my horns. Keeks says she would love a sword if there's left over stuff to make it, maybe a cape, one that goes around her front like a poncho, so they can hide their weapons, even more surprise attacks!

I feel my pocket heat up, the coin of nemesis is hot to the touch, at this point it's like a guiding star, but to what? I really need to talk to Zel about it, find out more about her, about Nemesis.

A procession of carts are rolling through the town, as we get closer we can see that there are 5 carts, most of them for goods, one of them is instead a golden carriage, as they pass by a voice yells from the carriage, it halts quickly pulling up dust and a very hefty squat man that looks like a potato peers out and eyes me, or rather my horns. A door opens to the side and a tall man with an immaculate mustache in a butler's uniform hops down and dashes over to us.

"His Lordship, Duke Augustus the 3rd has bestowed you with the grace of selling us that trinket on your horn, take this sum and be off with you".

They hold out their hand with about 20g in coins in it, Keeks looks at them with the fury of a hundred anarchists. Looking over I quickly pull her back before she slaps the coins out of the butler's hand.

"This is not for sale, if there is nothing else, we will be off." I try to use the best customer service voice I can and start to move away.

"HAALT!" A shrill shriek comes from the carriage, it shakes with their bulk as they angrily command us. The butler runs back to the carriage to talk to their master. After a minute of us standing there dumbfounded at the audacity, the butler comes back, nose still stuck up and looking down on us, or at least keeks, I'm nearly a foot taller than the man so the best they can do is try to look more intimidating than a 7 foot minotaur.

"Uhhum! The duke has invited you to the birthday of his precious daughter, this is a prestigious occasion and not one to be missed! be sure to bring a present!" They seemed to insinuate that it's non-negotiable, They think the whole world is theirs to be put on a platter, and boy has this duke been eating their fucking fill!

They pull out a red invitation with black lettering and present it to us, 'who it may concern + 1', well at least it's an easy choice of who to bring, maybe free food and some more renown? Who knows!

---------
<! Quest Recieved! !>
Attend the Duke's party
The duke has invited you to their daughters birthday party
 Clothing for the Occasion will be provided
Reward
Unknown
[ Accept Quest ]
---------

What have we got to lose? I accept the quest.

The butler nods and gets back in the carriage, they all leave, heading towards a mansion off in the distance that I didn't see before.. I think it was foggy there before? But I can't put my finger on it.. Keeks mirrors my thoughts.

"Hey, was that there before nyee?!" we look at each other puzzled.

"I.. dont think so? moo.." fucking creepy..

We make our way back to pop's shop to hand in the quest and get some gear made. When we enter I'm greeted with a hearty humph, Keeks is greeted with a horrified stare, eyes widening, their rocking chair coming to a stop.

"Please tell me yer coming in for custom gear! I told ya last time it aint no tiny person store! Ya give me some materials and I'll make it for ya, it's never been profitable to stock any! I'll tell ya again! I AIN'T no racist!" Keeks looks up at me sheepishly and shrugs.

"It's finnnee pop's we let bi-gnolls be bi-gnolls! I was in a bad mood, besides, me and the big girl have got you some sexy sexy mats nyehe!"

Pop's huffs and gets up, pops their back and props up on their elbows, motioning for us to bring out 'the sexy stuff'. I dump out the many bones, hides and single core onto the desk, their eyebrows raise as they raise to their full height and pick up one of the bones.

"Mnn I guess you weren't kidding, this is some good stuff here.. Apology accepted tiny one, bear bones.. But they look like they have the devil's strength in them, akin to steel. What do you think you want with them, there's enough here to make a few things with leftovers."

"Well.. I was thinking, headgear, footgear, uhh a cutlass and like a cloak for Keeks and.. Is it possible to make a staff with the core moo?.." I think Zelia would really like that..

They think about it for a second and sit back down in their rocking chair, "yup that should alll be fine.. could be done tomorrow so come and pick it up, I'll work on it overnight, there should even be some left over 'mats' as ya young folk say."

Keeks flops down, ass planted on the ground and leans up against my hoof "Hey pop's what's with the duke auguwhatevers-up his ass nye?" Not one to beat around the bush.

"You mean the mayor? I mean not that we ever needed one or that they do anything for us.. They're a bit of a weird one.. We townsfolk try to stay away from them and their part of Utor. They've been around for at least 60 years, got banished here from the capital, Uslav. Another one of those rich people with too much time on their hands"

They lean back further in their chair, thinking deeply. "It was fine at first, they caused no trouble and seemed happy, that was until about 10 years ago. The Duke's daughter went missing, just.. vanished.. The Duke blamed the town's people, some people in the town also disappeared, blamed the duke, the town hasn't been the same since. They say people still go missing, adventurers, people passing through, that sort of thing. What I know about the man is that he's cruel, to everyone but his butler, maids only last so long. I know that taking your one joy from the world can ruin a man, but to this extent.."

"Taking out their hatred on the world that took from them, that I can understand moo.." Gods that really ruined the mood..

"Wait.. but the quest says that we are going to his daughter's party nye?!" Keeks looks shocked.. I'm shocked that I didn't even think about it?! I can't make excuses with my Wisdom score anymore!! Should I blame it on Intelligence?!

"Well.. it could be a funeral party, who knows with those rich folk.. either way ya best stay away from them, they just aint right, but I'm sure you'll make up your own minds about that.."

Pop's gathers all the materials on the bench and starts hauling them out into the back area, I guess we're done here.. a younger version of them comes out and sits in the same chair and leans back and closes their eyes, "If ye'v got no mur buzznis ya's can leave, I be mindin this here shop now". They wave their hand in dismissal. I haul Keeks up by the scruff of their neck and pull them away before someone gets assaulted.

"You're not going to just let them get away with pushing us out like that, are you nye?!" She hangs listlessly in my grip like a kitten picked up by their mothers mouth.

"You can fight them after we get our new gear, not before, that's just good business moo!" they seem to understand and I let them flop onto the grass, they turn over and yawn.

"Damn that nap was good but my eepers is getting to me! I've hit about 30 hours without sleep, every hour Fia's messages are getting more and more aggressive about logging off nyahaha"

Sitting down on the grass I make sure my tail isn't caught under me, she instantly leaps over, snuggling into my lap.

"She should know by now that it only makes me want to play more not less, fight thee syyysteemm Yaanwwnnyeee" she lets out a cute yowl of tiredness and snuggles harder against my lower body, making me feel the area tighten.. Ugh.. whyy..

"I'd like to stream the event tomorrow if that's alright? Gotta get some stream time in!" They spread their arms out smacking me in the tit on the way, as if showing off a sign in the sky, forever taunting me "Big milky and little Keeks out on adventure into the haunted mansion of the dastardly duke!'.. Maybe not the quickest bang up title but it should get some views regardless, new content always does nye!"

She yawns again and slaps my thighs with both hands, "Time for me to go! As much as I want to snuggle in with what your packing, this girl has got a date with a hot shower and a big fucking sleep nye!"

With a smile she disappears from this world, the warmth of her body still lingering. I lean back and stare up at the sun overhead, still time in the day, but such an adventure.. Well I think I deserve a rest after all I've done today.

"Hey Fia please log me out, I think it's a good stopping point for now moo."

< Logging you out Lilia >

< Welcome back home love, enjoy >

I appear back in the Home Access Point, the fireplace is roaring in a perpetual fiery embrace, the moonlight is filtering in from the other rooms, leading out into the garden and the very alluring silk sheets of the king sized bed.. I imagine Zelia smoothing out the silk bedding, sending the light from outside streaming lovingly onto the sheets, crafting every beam, Being able to embrace her beautiful body under such a sight.

I move out into the garden, she wasn't lying, it wasn't perfect before, but now it really was. I sit down on the roman marble bench in the center of it all and breathe it in, it smells like her, like the perfume she started wearing since she transitioned, not one I've smelled on anyone else, it's hers, just like this garden. The marble seat is soft, Zel must have changed its material, the perfect arrangement.

I sit there for what feels like hours, Fia is giving me some space, just to exist here in this place alone.

Out of nowhere I feel the seat next to me give way and a warmth against my side, I was wrong.. Now it's perfect..

"Welcome to my garden.. Our garden"

She smiles at me and puts her head on my shoulder, the silence saying all that needs to be said.

If you like what your reading there are usualy 8+ chapters over on patreon if you want to support me <3 As well as extra chapters of my other story Cursed Moon
https://patreon.com/NerdyafCreations
And a Discord if you wanna join in talks about the books and other gay things!
https://discord.gg/uYzrb2uDFb

9