Chapter 4 Elizabeth
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How is that possible?!!...You are...a vampire!!"

    Jack was shocked, because in addition to being a vampire, this girl could eat human food, and she was incredibly not afraid of the sun.

 

      The girl seemed to have known that she was a vampire for a long time, but she did not show any attack. Instead, she broke away from Jack's hand in shame and ran to the corner of the street, where she squatted and cried...

 

      Jack followed cautiously to the corner of the street, where he saw the girl holding her head and crying.

 

     He thought, is this girl dangerous?

 

     "Although she has the characteristics of a vampire... she is not aggressive... and can also eat food... she should not be in danger for the time being, right?...”

 

      AAlthough Jack was afraid that she would bite him, he couldn't bear the pitiful look on her beautiful face full of tears…

 

     After struggling mentally, Jack walked to the girl and knelt down, took out a tissue and wiped her tears。

     "I'm sorry...although I don't know what happened to you...but I won't abandon you...as long as you don't bite me like "juice" one day..."

 

     Jack joked hoping to comfort the girl.

 

       The girl seemed to understand the burst of tears and laughed. She stopped crying and nodded and looked at Jack. She and Jack looked at each other...

       In the refuge room, Monica and Nate got ready to go out to find Jack early in the morning. Although Monica's feet still hurt a little, she insisted on finding Jack herself.

      

      "Are you ok?"

 

    Nate asked thoughtfully about Monica's injury, and Monica patted Nate on the shoulder:

 

      "I'm okay... We need to find Jack quickly... maybe he's trapped somewhere?" Monica tied her shoelaces carefully.

 

      "Why do you always care about Jack?"

 

     Knight saw that Monica cared so much about Jack, and seemed to have wanted to ask this question for a long time, and suddenly blurted out this question during this gap.

       

       Monica seemed to have heard this question, but she didn't want to answer immediately. She just finished tying her shoelaces quietly, finally stood up and looked at Knight, and knocked him on the head without warning.

 

       "Are you stupid? There are only three of us in the same class here. Does Jack usually take care of us? Especially you. Jack shares every good thing with you. You, you... why would you ask this?! More Besides, he is the leader among the few people we have in the shelter now, so why don’t you worry?” 

 

    Monica pointed at Knight’s forehead and cursed with a slight reproach.

        

       "I know...just...forget it"

 

     Knight swallowed back half of what he said, as if he knew that Monica didn't really want to answer the question, but it was hard to continue asking. Because there are some things that would be ugly if revealed.

 

        "Hey, Monica, Nate, are you going out to look for Jack? Let's look for him together!"

 

          From behind, Amanda saw Monica and Nate who were about to leave, and Bill and the two also wanted to join the search for Jack.

 

        "Okay! It's easier to find him if there are more people... Let's search separately... I hope we can find Jack soon!..." Monica replied.

 

        So the four people left the shelter and started looking for Jack.

 

    ________________________________________________________ 

       They were looking for it, and the time quickly came to noon…...

        "My feet..."

 

         Although she hasn't found Jack yet, Monica's legs seem to have reached their limit and she can no longer walk. But luckily, Knight, who was in her group, helped her to rest on a chair by the roadside.

        

      "Monica...don't go anymore...your injury hasn't healed yet..."

 

      Nate squatted down and said to Monica very worriedly.

 

       "I can’t find Jack..I can’t rest assured….”

 

       Monica said while rubbing her ankle.

 

       ."But I don't worry about you!”

 

    Although Nate took the opportunity to express his true feelings, Monica obviously didn't accept it and pretended to look aside.   

 

       But he couldn't let Monica continue searching. He had to find a way…

 

       While Knight was thinking, he found that they were in front of an electronic supplies store.

 

     "Got it! Wait a minute!"

 

        After a while, Knight took out a drone from the store and controlled it to fly.

 

        "We should be able to find Jack quickly now!"

 

___________________________________________

 

       On a deserted road not far from the city, Jack took the girl and returned to the city step by step. Because the entire road was filled with abandoned cars, they only moved forward in and out of the traffic, very slowly and laboriously.

 

       "Are you okay?...Do you want some water?" 

 

  Jack was covered in sweat and turned around to check on the girl's condition. After all, no one could stand walking in the sun.

 

       But he was overthinking it, because the girl was not tired at all, and her skin was fair and rosy. Not only was she not sweating, but her body temperature was extremely low.

 

         The girl's eyes were wide open, and she smiled sweetly at Jack as if she didn't know what was going on. This made Jack hit his head.

 

       "Ya... you are not human... unlike me....."

 

        Jack took out the kettle and drank water while looking in the direction of the city.

        Seeing that the once bustling city has now turned into a desolate scene and a paradise for birds, he was filled with emotion.

         

        Jack pointed to a very tall building in the city and said:

   

      “ Look... there is the tallest building there, that is the Willis Building. My girlfriend and I used to go there to enjoy the scenery. At that time, she always liked to stand on the viewing platform and open her arms. Ji kept saying that she looked like an angel flying in the sky…

 

     Jack smiled as he thought about things before the virus outbreak, especially how innocent his ex-girlfriend was. But when he recalled that his girlfriend died in his arms, he stopped laughing.

 

      The girl saw his sadness, stepped forward and made a "don't be sad" gesture with her hands, and then smiled.

 

      "It's okay~ That's all in the past..."

      

       Jack came back to his senses and looked at the girl with a smile, but suddenly he realized that there was some kind of less obvious sound of a propeller, slowly approaching...

 

       "This sound...could it be...a drone!!"

 

        Jack looked up and saw a black drone hovering in the sky. He concluded that this was Knight's drone and that it was probably looking for him.

 

       "No, this girl can't be known to them!"

 

        Jack immediately pulled the girl to squat down and observed the movement of the drone, as if it hadn't noticed him yet.

 

       "It would be weird if you didn't go crazy if other people in the shelter knew your identity!...It seems like we have to find a place to put you first..."

 

 Jack takes the girl off the road while dodging the drone, deciding he wants to take her to a safe place.

          

          

   "I just... seemed to have seen Jack appear in front of the camera...!"

 

      Knight shouted in surprise, while Monica, who was resting, heard the trace of Jack and immediately rushed over to take a look.

 

                

    "Really? Where is it? Let me see!" 

 

   Monica happily looked at the drone camera in Knight's hand, but she didn't see anyone.

 

       "Weird...? It was clearly there just now...?"

 

      Knight kept letting the drone hover around, but he never saw a single figure.

 

       

        At this time, Jack had taken the girl to a house in the center of Humboldt Park, which was an art center. It was the place where Jack and his gang first hid when the virus broke out. Because vampires didn't like to be near water, so Jack and his gang lived there for a month before taking the opportunity to build the current hideout. Secret underground shelter.

 

        Jack placed the girl in a small room, where there was a warm and comfortable bed, a sofa, a bookcase, a desk and a lamp, as well as a modified closable window and a door with thickened steel plates.

 

      Jack patted the dust on the bed and pulled the girl to sit down. He squatted down and said to the girl:

       "Hey... can you stay here first? I can't bring you back to meet everyone rashly, because my friends will be scared... It's safe here, and I will bring you food every day... don’t worry."

 

        The girl knew that Jack was in trouble, so she just smiled with her eyes wide open and gestured, 

 

   "I understand, it's okay!"

 

         Jack looked at the girl and suddenly hit himself.

 

       "By the way... I still don't know your name... ? I was stupid and didn't ask you.."

 

     The girl quietly wrote a name on the dusty table nearby.

 

     "Elizabeth"

 

       "So your name is Elizabeth...! This name is very much like you..." Jack said as he looked into the girl's beautiful and deep eyes...

     Jack smiled and looked at the girl, and the girl looked at him with a smile, and the two looked at each other like this.

 

    The buzzing outside the window interrupted Jack. He walked to the window and saw that the drone had flown nearby and was circling at low altitude, searching.

 

        "It seems that my friends have been looking for me for a long time. I have to go back and let them know that they can feel at ease...I will come see you tomorrow. Close the doors and windows at night and stay here, okay?..." Jack is like a parent explaining when he goes out. A child shouldn't be as nervous as playing with fire. Instead, the girl nodded lightly as if she didn't need to be afraid of vampires at all.

 

      "Bye!..See you tomorrow!"

 

      Jack cautiously left there, avoiding the drone lens in the sky but following the line in its direction.

 

_________________________________________________

    

     "So you found Jack?"

 

        Bill and Amanda had arrived to join Nat and Monica, Bill asked breathlessly.

 

     "TI saw him... but he disappeared in an instant!..so  Weird!!"

 

       Knight scratched his head and felt very depressed.

 

      "What should we do... We can't find Jack here, it's getting dark again... I don't know what happened to Jack..."

 

       Amanda said with a worried look.

 

      Seeing that the time for such a torment was approaching evening, and everyone was very anxious and didn't know what to do, suddenly there was a figure walking slowly on the far road.

 

       "That is...."

  

        , when everyone saw Nate squinting his eyes and not knowing what he was looking at, they all turned their heads to look.

 

       "...That seems to be...Oh my god!! It's Jack! It's really Jack! Jack is back!!"

 

     Knight recognized Jack and started shouting excitedly, and everyone rushed forward to greet him happily. , especially Monica, who had to hobble to greet her even if her feet hurt.

 

        Jack saw everyone looking for him and smiled, raising his hands and waving until Bill took the lead and patted him on the back.

 

      "Bro, where have you been this day?!" 

 

      Nate hugged Jack.

 

       Amanda also came to pat Jack on the shoulder.

 

      "I haven't gone anywhere, sorry for making you worry!" Jack smiled.

 

       Jack noticed Monica dragging her steps slowly over, and he quickly walked over to help her to prevent her from walking injured.

 

     "Hey...why don't you rest...come out to find me?...Look at you, are you more seriously injured?..." 

 

         Jack scolded Monica with a smile.

 

     "There is an idiot who is lost and won't come home... He wants me to come out and look for him... It seems that this idiot needs to help me apply medicine again to stop my anger!"

 

Monica deliberately used a arrogant attitude, but in fact she was happier than anyone else to see that Jack was fine.

       Just come back, it's getting dark... Let's go back to the basement as soon as possible! We'll talk about it later..." 

 

   Bill started as he saw the skyIt gets dark, reminding everyone that it’s time to go home.

 

        “ You have to tell the truth about what happened to you yesterday."

 

 Monica was supported by Jack but she still couldn't wait to ask this question.

 

       "Of course !.." 

 

    After answering with a smile, Jack looked back in the direction of the girl and thought:

 

       "She should be fine..What is she doing now?"

         

         Jack is talking about the mysterious girl named Elizabeth, and what is that girl doing now?

 

        Just under the setting sun, the mysterious girl Elizabeth got an easel from somewhere and started painting alone, but what she painted... was not a beautiful scene, but a terrifying scene.

 

        Is it imagination?...

 

        Or what she went through?

0