Chapter 5 Vampire Girl Plays the Piano
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Night is another time when vampires are on the rampage. 

 

     In the underground shelter, everyone gathered around Jack. Especially Frank and Olivia, although they were afraid of going out and did not help find anyone, they carefully cooked some meals to celebrate Jack's return. Even Mark, who has always been maverick, cooked and served the hare he caught during the day. Come up for everyone to enjoy.     

 

    After the celebration, Allen began to talk lightly about how he crossed the river yesterday and was attacked in a supermarket. This made everyone realize that there were other survivors in the city, and they began to talk about it.

 

     "Did you see the face of the person who attacked you?" Monica asked.

 

    “No...I didn't see him..." Jack shook his head.

 

     "Then have you met anyone else?" Amanda asked.

 

       Jack was stunned because he kept thinking about the strange vampire girl Elizabeth in his mind, but he still said:

 

      "No....."

      "But I discovered a strange thing... Last night, when I was hiding in a small store, I accidentally glanced at the city center. There was actually a light on a building here..."

 

    Jack looked around everyone and showed This incident is very unusual.

 

      "First there was electricity...then there were people...could someone have found a way not to be afraid of vampires? We can hopefully get out of here!..."

 

     Olivia jumped up excitedly while holding her boyfriend Fran's hand.

 

   Monica wanted to complain about her, but Amanda had already smiled and said to Oliviaㄝ

 

"Calm down and listen to Jack."

 

and then patted Monica. His shoulders held her down.

 

      "You think there are other survivors... but you don't believe the lights on the roof are survivors, right?"

 

     This sentence shocked everyone, and they all thought,

 

     "If it's not a human being... what else could it be...?"

 

       Mark, who usually doesn't talk much and is mysterious, was so smart that he could see through Jack's worries with one sentence.

 

    "If you are not a survivor, there will be nothing else."

 

    Frank said something that no one dared to say, making everyone look up at him

 

     "Let's slowly figure this out... I'm tired... " 

 

    Jack didn't want everyone to fall into an unknown panic, so he ended the chat with an excuse to show his fatigue. After all, he was really exhausted after running around all day. tired.

 

       Everyone understood Jack's tiredness and stopped asking about other things, and went back to their rooms to sleep. In this way, Jack's disappearance came to an end for the time being.

 

__________________________________________________   

        Early the next morning, everyone went out for their daily work as usual. Except for Frank and Olivia who still didn't go out, Monica, who had a serious foot injury, was also there today.

 

       Jack was different today from the past. He packed up a bunch of things and looked like he was rushing out, and Monica saw it.

     

      "Hey, can you help me rub my feet?..." 

 

   Monica said from the door of Jay's room and smiled.

 

      "Where's Nate?" Jack asked.

 

      "Everyone has gone out...only you and me are left, and the two greenhouse kittens who haven't gone out for ten thousand years..." Monica was referring to Frank and Austria, who were still sleeping crookedly together in the quilt. Livi.

     "...No problem, just wait for me!" 

 

    Jack responded with a smile and Monica waited for him to finish packing his backpack.

  

       Not long after, Jack came to Monica's room and gently helped her massage her sprained foot...

 

     "Look, you... don't take care of yourself. Your feet are swollen... It seems that you need to use a lot of medicinal herbs to reduce the swelling!" Jack said to Monica while gently massaging her feet with anti-inflammatory drugs.

 

        There was no one else around, so Monica unusually didn't reply. Like a gentle little girl, she looked at Jack and just nodded lightly and said, "Yeah...".

    

         "How does it feel?"

 

          "much better..."  

 

         "Why are you so obedient today...? Not like you..." Jack only glanced at her while massaging her feet.

 

       "No way... Is it just that Nate is not clumsy like you, or do you understand me better... I just want you to give me massages from now on?...  "

   

    Monica said with a smile, although She felt it was very unlike herself to say this, but she wanted to test Jack's reaction...

        

          "...Okay! I have to go.”

 

          Jack didn't answer Monica, he just applied the medicine and stood up to leave. Monica was surprised and disappointed when she didn't get a response from Jack.

         

         Jack caught sight of Monica's expression, walked to the door, stopped, turned his back to Monica, sighed deeply and said:

 

      “ Nate...Although he is not good with girls, he is very smart and considerate. You should give him more opportunities...I...is really not as good as you think...you should try not to look for me. .”

 

         When Monica heard what Jack said, she turned her head to the corner and shed tears silently.....

 

       Jack didn't want to look back and see how disappointed Monica looked, because he knew that Nate liked her, he shouldn't get too close to Monica anymore, and he had more important things to do, so he packed his backpack and went out.

 

       

       Jack first went to the store to find some dry food and water, and then rushed to Humboldt Park.

 

        He came to the room where Elizabeth was hiding. As soon as the door opened, he asked: 

 

        "Are you okay?" 

 

But Elizabeth was obviously not in the room, because the two-layer steel plate-modified windows had been opened, allowing sunlight and breeze to come in, but no one was there.

 

      "Oh my God...Did something happen to her...?"

   

    Jack looked around nervously for someone, but failed in every room.

 

     " I'm stupid! I shouldn't have left her here" 

 

    Jack was very upset, maybe he shouldn't have left Elizabeth here alone...

 

        When he was thinking this, he vaguely heard a Youyang voice.

 

      "Is this...the sound of a piano...?" 

 

Jack looked for the source of the sound suspiciously, and soon he discovered that the sound came from the roof...

 

       Jack followed the sound and walked up to the roof. He saw a grand piano placed in the middle of the empty attic, and it was Elizabeth who was elegantly playing Chopin's Nocturne.

 

       It turns out that Elizabeth is okay, and Jack is relieved.

 

       Jack walked quietly to the piano with the least disturbing steps, and saw Elizabeth's eyes closed, her scattered hair covering her beautiful and refined face, her slender white hands like a music elf between the black and white keys, Dancing like flowing clouds and flowing water.

 

       Jack admired the beautiful scenery at this moment. He smiled on a whim, silently put down his backpack, and sat next to Elizabeth.

 

        He stretched out his hand and pressed a key chord along with the melody. At this time, Elizabeth stopped in surprise and opened her eyes to look at Jack beside her. Jack continued to play the melody in the high range unmoved.

 

         Elizabeth looked at Jack playing the piano very attentively, with a smile on her lips, and followed Jack to continue playing with four hands.

         The two of them played the piano as if they were meeting at a dance, holding each other's hands and dancing. They had a very tacit understanding and looked at each other from time to time. They were very enjoying and happy...

 

           

         "This is for you!"

 

        After a while, the two of them were tired from playing the piano and sat on the roof. Jack handed Elizabeth some digestive biscuits and water, and they ate lunch together.

        

     Jack couldn't help but praise her.

 

       To be honest... I was scared, thinking that some musician was also in trouble here, but I didn't expect that it was you who was playing the piano... and you played it very well!

 

      Elizabeth was shy, so she took out the notebook and pen she found, and wrote "I was just scared by you. Why can you also play the piano? You don't look like someone who can play music!" and showed it to Jack..

 

   Unexpectedly, this question made Jack stop laughing and smile helplessly.'

 

     "Well...because my ex-girlfriend is also very good at playing the piano...she...taught me a lot of songs..."

 

       Jack gestured helplessly with his hands.

 

      Elizabeth then wrote, "Where is she now?"

 

      Jack was stunned for a moment, and said heavily, "She is no longer here." He looked into the distance with a wry smile.

 

      For Jack, it was a pain he couldn't let go.

 

      His thoughts were drawn back to the day when the vampire virus broke out...

 

      At that time, he hurriedly fled with his girlfriend Anne. People on the street fled in panic, and there were horrific scenes of sporadic explosions from time to time...

 

      Until the scene where Annie was pressed down by a heavy object and bid farewell to him...

 

      These are all vivid in my mind.

 

     

      When he was so sad that he blamed himself for not being able to save Annie, he felt a warmth...

 

      He found Elizabeth hugging him from behind, trying to give him some warmth and comfort.

 

      Although Jack found the hug a bit awkward and polite, he felt very comforted.

 

      Jack cheered up, smiled, and said:

 

     "Fool, I'm fine! It's all over! Thank you!"

 

      Elizabeth looked at Jack with a shy and innocent smile, and the two of them spent the day playing the piano...

 

_____________________________

 

      In the evening, when everyone was eating dinner in the basement, Jack was obviously in a good mood eating the canned corn in front of him.

 

     Jack's good mood was seen in the keen eyes of Monica, and she felt something fishy and asked:

 

    "Jack, where have you been today? Why does it look like something good happened?"

 

     As soon as these words came out, everyone stopped their spoons and looked at Jack.

 

     But Jack was not that stupid. He spread his hands wisely and calmly and said:

 

Of course! I'm sorry that I kept this from you all...I wanted to give you a surprise"

 

      Everyone watched in confusion as Jack stood up and went to get his backpack.

 

      As soon as Jack opened the bag, there were several packages of braised beef seasoning bags inside, which made everyone cheer with surprise. He took them out and distributed them to everyone.

 

     "I found a store that no one had ever picked up and found these numerous cooking kits... They can last us a month, so we're lucky enough to be able to survive for a while..."

 

      Everyone took the food package and exclaimed happily, "Yeah! I haven't eaten meat for a long time! I almost cried! Thank you Jack..."

 

       Only Monica stared at Jack, using her woman's intuition to feel that things were not that simple and asked:

 

      "Oh, really?...I've known you for so long, and you always hide a lot of things, could it be..."

        Monica raised her eyebrows and got closer and closer to Jack, but Jack still smiled calmly and said,

 

 "It's true."

 

        The solemn and subtle look between the two was interrupted by someone's serious tone.

 

       "Hey! Come and see!"

 

      Knight noticed that the laptop he was monitoring and trying to communicate with the outside world surprised him when a message popped up.

 

Now everyone gathered around curiously to see what was going on.

 

        I saw that in the social chat room where messages had been sent but no one responded on the laptop screen, someone actually responded.

 

        I don’t know who it is, typing in the chat room...

 

     " Thank God! I thought everyone was dead. Where are you? Can I come to you?"

 

0