Ch. 50 Adroit
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch. 50

“Adroit”

Did he do this on purpose? String all of this along so he could get some of his powers back or something. Too see if it would even work. Was this the theory he wanted to test. To use my unruly powers to try and get his own back without giving away his secrets. I feel the cold start to extinguish any heat that still stayed. Panic and frustration start to fill my core. This prick. How dare he. He fucking kissed me. He grabbed me, and fucking kissed me, and I fucking let him…

Little bat.

He stands further away, but his hands are still resting within my hair and his thumb stops along my jaw.

Fucking shit. I feel like I’m melting. My skull rages, but I’m stuck in this moment. My heart flutters in my chest, my lungs holding the air that once filled them…

I have wanted to taste you since I laid my eyes on you. Different kind of taste…well it’s all the same really.

My mind is exploding inside my skull. I can’t tone it out, and it makes it hard to focus. I can’t think. The coldness, the purple stopping at my hands…my hands are on his chest… they still are…on his chest…

He moves his hands to grab both sides of my face. Moving it to face him, face to face, eye to eye.

I had a couple theories to be honest. None of them where to use you, only to answer questions before anyone else could.

I watch as the purple starts to fade from my hands. The voice, my voice, in my skull slowly starts to fade into a collapsing into a soft hum. His voice soothing my intense one inside. Fucking shit.

Nothing more than my shadow…single, shadow.

His laugh fills my mind, echoing of the edges, and my breath catches.

and my fangs.

That is awfully vague. What were these theories?

His hands still cups my face, and I’m still remain frozen in time. Unable…unwilling to be the first to break free. Nyx.

You know the last man who tried to kiss me got his face rubbed in dirt, and not to mention the last man who tried to bite me… I stole his immortality. My wrath list for you is growing…quite large actually.

Key word tired. His lips move past his teeth…his fangs…So, I hope you like the taste of dirt. Because that…

His glowing orange eyes narrow and darken a few shades. His eyes, again fall to my mouth…. fucking Nyx. He has fucking fangs, again. His lips part slightly.

…Will be happening again even if you deny this and burn me, freeze me, skin me, or blow me… His eyes darken to almost a black shade and nearly roll back. Away… He growls out the last word. I will wear you down…

That sounds like a challenge… I say realizing that my fingers were twirling around one of the straps on Zanir’s vest. A way for my anxiety to have an outlet, to move through and out, rather than bottled up. Nyx.

Neither of us breaking from whatever is happening, whatever connection formed the first night we met, the first time we held hands, the first time we kissed…fucking shit, we kissed.

The actual fucking fuck. What am I doing? I’m fucking delirious. I need to rest. Shit. I am literally in the grips of a high fucking fae mortal, well shit I don’t know really, vampire man, and I am just standing here after he fucking kissed me and twirling my fucking fingers.

I can hear my voice, start to rage again inside. She, I am yelling something…I can’t make it out. My head rings, each heartbeat pounding in my ears. What are they saying? I am going insane, this is it.

Everything stops the moment a feel something graze my ear…

Zanir fingers moves over the top of one my ears, slow and gentle. His eyebrows burrow together when he asks, How long have you had these scars?

What…? I reach up and run my finger past Zanir’s. A faint fine line on the top of my ear on the back side. I use my other hand to check my other ear and am met with the same faint fine line. I…I don’t know…I can’t… remember…My head blurs between the screaming and pounding of my heart. I feel myself wince as lightning flashes in the distance.

“As much as I like listening to Iamys talk I would prefer some other possible more interesting company…maybe even hear about whatever on earth is going on out here?” Oana says with the window cracked and sly grin on her face as rain dings off the windowpane.

“Of course, Iamys is a bit drab, isn’t he?” Zanir says tucking some of my hair behind my ear and then letting his hands fall to his sides. His eyes dance with blue and oranges now, still bright, but more how they normally are. I watch as his eyes once again move to my mouth.

I let out a nervous laugh because if I stand out here any longer, I may unravel, and my head may explode, but can’t let mortal fae vampire think he won the war…maybe just this battle…

My voice in my head quiets and the world becomes still other than the rain the hits my face. Drop after drop. I lean into Zanir and gripping the edge of his leather vest. Standing as tall as I can pushing my feet into the stone below me. Stretching. Our eyes are crashing together, like they draw to each other. Orange flames taking over his irises once more.  Nyx. I almost break and a shaking breath escapes my lips. His eyes move over my face and then the rest of my mouth. Nyx. I inch further, digging my hands in his vest to move me upward. I can feel his breath caress my lips. The smell of hops of autumn ale, liquid courage…

Little bat… He growls inside my head.

Other shaking breath leave me. Now Mihaela…

Any slight movement from either of us and it’s all over once again. I take an unsteady deep breath in and his eyes flash to mine. I blow a small flame that hits his lips.

I am moving to the open window before he can even say or doing anything. Oana wide open smile meets me along the way.

Check burning you off the list.

0