4. Wyvern + Bush
103 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Nearby there was a dark green bush that had been following Mai. Every time she stopped it stopped too carefully maintaining the same distance the whole way to avoid being noticed by her. Its long-gnarled roots moved silently across the plain barely scraping the grass as if it were floating in the air.

It was as if the gods had heard Mai's prayers because suddenly she heard loud noises of people shouting mixed with the scraping sounds of metal ringing loudly echoing in the area. She immediately ran towards the sound and shortly after an area with large thickets and bushes appeared. Far ahead a gigantic dark green creature flew in the sky. It had a lizard body with large light green wings with big claws in front and it had a pair of large thick hind legs with fat curved white claws. It roared loudly echoing and let out a high screech as it rapidly flapped its wings creating a powerful wind that blew on a large group of people standing underneath it.

The group was massive, and Mai counted more than 50 present. They all wore different kinds of colorful medieval clothing but were dressed in the same long black hooded cloaks with a logo of a golden fist on the back. They all carried weapons and a book in various colors in their hands. They were of different ages, the youngest having a childish face wearing black knee shorts with a white shirt where the collar stuck out. Around his neck hung a golden flat round necklace that glinted in the sunlight every time he moved. In his right hand he held a black book with the pages fluttering back and forth as if an invisible wind blew on it.

"Illdh Dhahnhsh!" The boy suddenly shouted, and the book floated above his hand.

The pages stopped flipping and huge waves of red flames burst out from the pages rushing towards the wyvern. The flame wave split in two and thickened forming into two snakes with flame spikes. They twisted around each other merging into one snake that opened its mouth and hissed loudly at the wyvern which responded with a hard flap of its wings. The right one hit the snake making it disappear, but suddenly small red sparks appeared all around the wyvern which roared loudly as it flapped its wings and kicked in the air. The sparks grew larger and formed into gigantic fireballs swirling around the wyvern enclosing it. The wyvern closed its blue eyes and just as Mai thought it had given up it suddenly opened its eyes wide and its mouth. It roared loudly shrilly as foam sprayed from the corners of its mouth.

The boy smiled at the sight and commented, "Why isn't it giving up? My Fire Dance isn't a normal one."

"Jesper. It's your first time with us so you underestimate the wyvern." said a young man with a friendly face.

Jesper was about to respond but suddenly, blue sparks flashed inside the mouth of the wyvern.

"What the fuck!" he suddenly exclaimed in a hoarse voice, his eyes widening at the sight. "Wasn't it a wind element?"

He turned his head to look at the others, but they wore equally shocked expressions, one even jaw-dropped.

The wyvern now roared even louder, and the ground trembled violently. Pebbles and grass flew up and a strong wind passed them ripping the weak bushes and trees along. A loud crackling sound came from the wyvern and suddenly a gigantic blue sphere flew out from its mouth towards the group. The sphere was surrounded by white and blue sparks swirling violently around it.

"Dual Element!" shouted a man loudly in a shrill voice swallowing a large lump of spit.

An older man with short white beard and a stern face furrowed his brows at the sight. In his left hand floated a small black book with a red logo of a beetle.

"Jjohrhdh Fhaehnhghshehll!" he shouted in a resounding voice that suddenly drowned everything out.

The ground suddenly shook even more violently and suddenly the earth shot up towards the wyvern which didn't react before it was enclosed in a gigantic sphere of light brown and black earth. There was a loud bang from inside the ball shaking and some of the earth burst off followed by a loud belch.

The older man scratched his right cheek and said, "Its own dual sphere must be hard to digest."

His words made the others burst into loud laughter and they sat down on the grass and began to talk about the day's harvest in Kahrlin.

Mai furrowed her brows at the sight and hid behind a tall thick bush afraid of being discovered. She didn't like animal cruelty and their method of catching animals. She was in a dilemma and didn't know what to do.

She bit her lip and whispered, "If they work for the Black Market they'll probably sell my body parts if I follow them."

Mai was still young and still had a goal in life – to get married and have children.

She was about to get up when suddenly a large bush came rushing towards her out of the blue. It scratched her frantically hard all over and she tried to push it away with her arms. She kicked out at it and suddenly felt its roots winding around her thighs. Suddenly it moved a pointed end towards her face and let out a loud screech that pierced her ears. It stabbed the tip towards her eyes and reflexively she placed her hands in front of her eyes. She felt something sharp, and piercing bore into her hands. It was stinging and a burning and tingling pain spread in her hands.

"Go away!" she screamed trying to pull her hands away, but the roots were stuck and refused to budge.

Blood dripped from her palm running down her arm and dropping onto her fine white dress. Suddenly some people from the group appeared forming a circle around her as they witnessed her struggle with the angry bush.

A young woman blinked tilted her head and her eyes fell on the bush.

She furrowed her brows and said, "It has strayed far from its territory. If we don't remove it we'll soon have unwelcome visitors."

She immediately took out a red book and open her mouth but suddenly the older man came over to them and studied the bush carefully.

He scratched his chin and said, "It's just a bush we can..."

He suddenly stopped as his eyes fell on Mai and her clothes. He furrowed his brows and scratched his mustache.

When he didn't say anything the woman thought it was a sign so she opened her mouth again and said "Illdh..."

"Stop Lisa. She's a priestess from Amenale. So her body is spiritual." the older man suddenly interrupted and the woman, Lisa stopped.

She furrowed her brows and gave Mai a sharp look as her eyes scanned the length of the dress stopping at the slender thighs which were kicking at the bush.

"I don't want to waste my abilities on someone who won't live long anyway." she commented shaking her head.

She put her book in her pocket and went back to her group.

 

 

 

Illdh Dhahnhsh!": Ild Dans in Danish = Fire Dance

"Jjohrhdh Fhaehnhghshehll!": Jord Fængsel(æ=ae) in Danish: Earth Prison

 

1